Eladio Espinosa F 2008

Visited Marshall -

[URL]http://p099.ezboard.com/Basketball-prospect-visits-Marshall/ftheherdgrapevineherdbasketball.showMessage?topicID=6325.topic[/URL]

I hope the guy that said they should expect a verbal soon doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Marshall??? You’ve gotta be kidding me.

Marshall just signed the PG Pitts we were after and now could sign this kid. If Marshall can sign these kids then we should be able to sign better caliber players than we have lately. The City of Charlotte and the Bobcats being here should offset some of the excuses of “tough area to recruit”. Our recruiting must improve or we will be completely forgotten!

Marshall just signed the PG Pitts we were after and now could sign this kid. If Marshall can sign these kids then we should be able to sign better caliber players than we have lately. The City of Charlotte and the Bobcats being here should offset some of the excuses of "tough area to recruit". Our recruiting must improve or we will be completely forgotten!

Showdawg, don’t you understand that all kids in this area grow up with dreams of playing in the ACC, the only conference on earth?

oh Marshall is in CUSA? oh, sorry. I just thought, you know two high school talented kids from here, going somewhere, it must be an acc school. Don’t worry, we’ll pick up two jucos when these guys are juniors, it will even out.

in all seriousness, with ninerreport as dead as a doorknob, I wouldn’t know if we had let off of this kid, if he was our main target, whatever.

He just committed to South friggin Florida. ID, proceed to have a field day with this one.

we’re in a race against time. does bobby recruit before he has to leave? or does he leave before he can recruit?

Every time I dont think our recruiting efforts can’t get worse…guh.

What bothers me more than anything is we can’t even land mid level Charlotte guys anymore.

What bothers me more than anything is we can't even land mid level Charlotte guys anymore.

Keep in mind, we have three Charlotte natives on the roster, one of which was in the top150 for a pretty long time.

We’ve lost a ton of guys we should have had an “in” on…Espinosa, Cornelius, Davila, etc… and we’re coming up empty other than Bowden. Not too many guys left on the radar, especially with the continued trend of high schoolers committing to schools early on.

[QUOTE=49erblh;263965]We’ve lost a ton of guys we should have had an “in” on…Espinosa, Cornelius, Davila, etc… and we’re coming up empty other than Bowden. Not too many guys left on the radar, especially with the continued trend of high schoolers committing to schools early on.[/QUOTE]

I’m not going to worry, we still have the late signing period, and there will be gems that pop up this season. We only have 1 to give (as of now) and maybe two. If we have two, one JUCO is okay, but if only 1 then I say we go after a High Schooler if we don’t get a commitment from Keller.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;263713]He just committed to South friggin Florida. ID, proceed to have a field day with this one.[/QUOTE]

Well really it isn’t that hard for Stan Heath to sell South Florida. I mean when you in the Big East and have a top tier Football team, it’s easy for anyone to get caught up in the hype there. I agree that we should be able to beat USF out for a local recruit, but the Big East sell will get a recruit.

I know I’m going to get blasted by those talking about how other A-10 teams are doing it, but it isn’t like Stan Heath (or his staff) can’t recruit.

Every kid grew up wanting to play for (fill in the blank)___________.
No kid grew up wanting to play for__________.

Consider this:
This years high school seniors had not even started to school when Bobby Lutz arrived at Charlotte. Since todays players grew up with Bobby Lutz coaching here, shouldn’t he be reaping some talent?
Lutz could probably do a fine job recruiting in the ACC or Big East. Doesn’t he have contacts at West Va., Clemson and Va. Tech. who could help him find a job there? He needs to be where he can excel, and we need someone who can get the job done here.

The other thing to consider is he’s in the last year of his contract and any future contract depends on what he does this upcoming season. Some of the recruits may know that he may/may not be here in 2 years from now.

We had some good local ones;

Dinkins, Kenneth Wylie (all-state), dre (cannot remember his name), Demarco Johnson, Jobey Thomas and Vincent Grier…

I am sure I forgot some, but we get our share and they usually end being good ones.

[QUOTE=amnesiac;264417]We had some good local ones;

Dinkins, Kenneth Wylie (all-state), dre (cannot remember his name), Demarco Johnson, Jobey Thomas and Vincent Grier…

I am sure I forgot some, but we get our share and they usually end being good ones.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Curt. You can throw EJ in there too.

yes, great point with Withers, he ended playing on US world championship teams. Also, Clinton Hinton, he was probably one of the best freshmen college players to ever come out of the local area.

So, we have gotten our share of the good local players. Not all of them, but for sure our share.

Kyle Church and Travis Gordon are both from NC!

:biggrin:

Dre would be Andre Davis, I think?

Transferring out of USF

[URL]http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2009/05/18/NBA_POSTSEASON_OVER_FOR_CS_TIME_TO_PLAY_CATCHUP[/URL]

I liked his game coming out of HS. He could really benefit by the redshirt year wherever he winds up. By the time he finishes up he could be a Charlie Coley type player minus the ridiculous highlights.