Eladio Espinosa F 2008

Plays at Victory Christian. Extremely athletic and will fit into the new system we are hearing about. Says that we have offered.

per scout.com[QUOTE]Charlotte (N.C.) Victory Christian power forward Eladio Espinosa looked good at last weekend’s Southern Invitational.

The 6-foot-7 Espinosa was able to play facing the bucket and created for himself going to the rim. A power forward by trade, his ability to attack sets him apart from others at his prospect level.

Interest is coming from a number of schools as Illinois and Clemson have called. Charlotte and UNC-Wilmington are his most popular in-state contacts. Pittsburgh has also begun calling him. [/QUOTE]

[URL=http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=428&p=8&c=1&nid=2879365]scout profile[/URL]
[URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=63937]rivals profile[/URL]

I was wondering when we would offer this guy. Package deal with Andre Cornelius would be nice. We already have former teams Barnett and Harris, so if they all want to play together…

[QUOTE=pcon;238891]I was wondering when we would offer this guy. Package deal with Andre Cornelius would be nice. We already have former teams Barnett and Harris, so if they all want to play together…[/QUOTE]

Yep, I’d take both of them. Lets keep the pipeline strong.

The Victory Christian 49ers… :shades:

The Victory Christian 49ers.. :shades:
> Wabash CC 49ers

UNC Wilmongton and Charlotte have both offered.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;242483]UNC Wilmongton and Charlotte have both offered.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was glad that we offered. It’s a good match between player and college.

The University is looking to tap into the pipeline of talent in the city and needs an athletic PF for the style of play. Espinosa is an athletic PF who still needs to develop his skills and is supposed to have great upside.

Espinosa can either go to a mid-major and start right away, go to a BCS school and be tossed to the side when the next McDonald’s All-American signs, or he can go to Charlotte - redshirt as a Coley understudy and, if all goes well, become a 4 year starter alongside some of his ol’ teammates. To me, it’s a no-brainer.

There is a new interview with him up on NinerReport. He is going to Virginia Union next year. Says he will work on adding size (wants to get to 220 up from 205). I have a bad feeling he is going to blow up and be ACC bound…

There is a new interview with him up on NinerReport. He is going to Virginia Union next year. Says he will work on adding size (wants to get to 220 up from 205). I have a bad feeling he is going to blow up and be ACC bound...

You mean Fork Union. The school you mentioned, Virginia Union, is a DII school in Virginia with a pretty good basketball history in its own right. They have won a National Championship, and claim Ben Wallace and Charles Oakley as alums. So when I saw that, I thought for a moment that he had already commited to a college.

If he doesn’t want a bunch of set plays like he says in the interview then Charlotte isn’t the place for him. Every Lutz possesion is a set play and usually a set play for a 3!

If he doesn't want a bunch of set plays like he says in the interview then Charlotte isn't the place for him. Every Lutz possesion is a set play and usually a set play for a 3!

incase eladio reads these threads, this was sarcasm.

Far from sarcasm

You mean Fork Union. The school you mentioned, Virginia Union, is a DII school in Virginia with a pretty good basketball history in its own right. They have won a National Championship, and claim Ben Wallace and Charles Oakley as alums. So when I saw that, I thought for a moment that he had already commited to a college.

Oops! Yeah I meant FORK Union, thanks for the correction ice.

Far from sarcasm
i'll meet you half way.

We aren’t the run and gun team people like to think we are, but we are far from a set play/half-court offense as well. If i could describe our offense in one word i would say “crap”. 5 guys without a clue, 3-4 of which are outside the arc swing passing it back and forth until someone gets a glimpse of being open or the shot clock is running low is not a play.

From the Fordham board…

Espinosa is trying to play his way into scholarships and should be one of the better board men on the (Hargrave) roster. He’s got Penn State, Tulane, Fordham, Charlotte, George Washington and Winthrop monitoring his progress.

Link: FordhamFans.com

From the [URL=http://www.gwhoops.com/default.asp?messID=20393]George Washington board[/URL]:

[QUOTE]ELADIO ESPINOSA PROFILE LINK
BY: mentzinger
9/24/2007 9:14:00 PM

“He’ll get by on athleticism until he polishes up his skill.”
[B]UNCC appears to lead[/B], with other offers from Tulane, Winthrop, UNCW and UNC-Greensboro
Scout[/QUOTE]

god I hope so. We need to get some high school guys in here, especially ones with “upside/potential” and athleticism. Rivals only has kentucky and clemson listed as schools interested. I hope they just haven’t updated it.

Scout is reporting that South Florida has offered.

I saw that. Hopefully we can pull this guy in. Hell, even Winthrop has two 3 star high school recruits for 08. If we can’t manage that then our recruiting efforts have gotten pretty pathetic.

[QUOTE=run49er;260783]Scout is reporting that South Florida has offered.[/QUOTE]

The timing of the offer is interesting.

Kenny Gabriel visited USF this past weekend.