Electrical Wiring Question

Does anyone have any experience hooking up a 220V electric dryer?

I’ve got a 30amp double breaker installed leading to 10/3 wire (black-hot, red-hot, white-common, & ground)

I [I]could[/I] hard-wire it directly to the dryer by unscrewing the plug itself and hooking it up directly to the three wire inputs and then attaching the ground to the provided location marked ‘ground’ on the back of the dryer.

Or I could use the wall outlet I just purchased. (preferred). Again, I’d hook it up to the three wire inputs but then where would I hook up the ground?

Or I could use the wall outlet I just purchased. (preferred). Again, I'd hook it up to the three wire inputs but then where would I hook up the ground?

Does your receptacle not have a ground screw? If you’re dryer needs 10/3, then you’ll have to buy a dryer receptacle, which it sounds like you’ve already done. If thats the case, it should have a green ground screw at the top of the receptacle.

This thread needs to be translated to English…

[QUOTE=casstommy;375905]Does your receptacle not have a ground screw? If you’re dryer needs 10/3, then you’ll have to buy a dryer receptacle, which it sounds like you’ve already done. If thats the case, it should have a green ground screw at the top of the receptacle.[/QUOTE]

I figured it out.

There’s a green ground screw on the dryer. What I didn’t realize was that there’s a ground wire for the dryer already attached to the green ground screw from the [I]inside [/I]of the dryer, not the outside. Which is why the receptacles I saw in the store do not have ground screws.

So the ground leading from the breaker box doesn’t really do much. I’ll manually screw it to the receptacle anyway. Thanks.

Guess I’m too late. Glad you got it working.