Ended where we started BUT BETTER EFFORT

At least our coach has more class than to chair wrestle after a loss (pic from ESPN.com):

:lmao:

I appreciate what Mitch gave to our University. Remember the Louisville game a couple of years ago, Mitch helped us pull that one out, along with some key free throws in that big Carrier Dome win!! He always represented our University in a way which I was very proud of!! Thanks Mitch

[QUOTE=Sublemon;163092]They came in like a lamb and went out like a lamb./QUOTE]

Not sure that I agree. I may be wrong, but its sounds as if your implication is the team started and ended the same.

I would have to tend to disagree.

Yes, this team came bearly came close to achieving its perceived goals, but by February, they were playing competitive basketballā€¦but they couldnā€™t make the key plays at crunch time.

I recall sometime in the month of December, the 49ers were considered one of the seasonā€™s early disappointments in an issue of SI.

I donā€™t care if it was an undersized Ga State team & in the NITā€¦the team did WIN a game in March. The team I saw vs. Valpo wouldā€™ve struggled in the Ga State game.

FWIW (& I mean this in the most positive way possible), I hope no one (other than those on this board) cares about 49ers basketball next season. Little or no expectation for the coming season leaves no room for disappointment. I like my chances with no one expecting anything.

Until October, 2006ā€¦I donā€™t see how any fair judgements can be made about the 06-07 team.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;163107]At least our coach has more class than to chair wrestle after a loss (pic from ESPN.com):

:lmao:[/QUOTE]

The saddest part of this is Roy can get away with it.

IF (note I said IF), Bobby acted like this he would be crucified by EVERYONE.

FWIW (& I mean this in the most positive way possible), I hope no one (other than those on this board) cares about 49ers basketball next season. Little or no expectation for the coming season leaves no room for disappointment. I like my chances with no one expecting anything.

Until October, 2006ā€¦I donā€™t see how any fair judgements can be made about the 06-07 team.

I totally agree. I would love to earn our keep and not be touted as something we are not. This season was very painful due to the preseason hype, even though ultimately we were relatively successful. Our season ending loss to Cinci was very positive IMO.

I have a feeling weā€™ll be good next year, and we can get out there and prove it. Iā€™d love to see what a team with a lot of freshman looks like.

Fair enough. The team ā€œprogressedā€ but so did other teams. I donā€™t think this team ever peaked. Did we beat any solid teams this year? Iā€™m not a believer in moral victoriesā€“playing teams close but not winning.

We did not have ONE quality win against a good opponent. In mid-January we were 9-5. We ended up 19-13, meaning we finished up after a disappointing start by going 10-8.

Given the patsy schedule we had, I donā€™t see how anyone can put a rosy spin on this season. Iā€™m not intentionally looking to be negative; Iā€™m just facing facts.

[QUOTE=Sublemon;163133]Fair enough. The team ā€œprogressedā€ but so did other teams. I donā€™t think this team ever peaked. Did we beat any solid teams this year? Iā€™m not a believer in moral victoriesā€“playing teams close but not winning.

We did not have ONE quality win against a good opponent. In mid-January we were 9-5. We ended up 19-13, meaning we finished up after a disappointing start by going 10-8.

Given the patsy schedule we had, I donā€™t see how anyone can put a rosy spin on this season. Iā€™m not intentionally looking to be negative; Iā€™m just facing facts.[/QUOTE]

I think we are saying the same thing. The team clearly progressed during the season. Of course, some may argue it couldnā€™t get any worse than a 9 point 1st half so there was no where to go but up.

I donā€™t like moral victories either, but this year I had to accept them or else I wouldā€™ve been REALLY, REALLY miserableā€¦as opposed to just disappointed.

We should have won 24-25 games this year and gone to the dance, but did not. Next year, we need to get off to a quick start or we will slog through another season that no one outside of us 3,000 hardcores will give a damn about. The bandwagoneers that are needed to fill Halton will NOT show up to see a team that loses early to the likes of the teams that Wyoming, Nothwestern, miss state and valpo had this year. The media will quickly write us off as well and our RPI will not recover, much like this year. We have got to get to A10 play with a respectible RPI next year or weā€™ll have to win the A10 tourney to get to the dance.

Good points, for sure.

But, I tell you what. I would settle for just not starting out behind at the beginning of each game, let alone behind in Wā€™s at the beginning of the season. It seems we always start 10 or so points behind right from the get-go.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;163124]The saddest part of this is Roy can get away with it.

IF (note I said IF), Bobby acted like this he would be crucified by EVERYONE.[/QUOTE]thatā€™s because Roy is a much better coach. Iā€™m not saying that Lutz is a terrible coach, but he is definitely not even close to Roy Williams. Roy and Lutz both are very similar in terms of personality though. They both seem like down to earth guys that truly care about their players on and off the court.

The PG is in place for next year. Now, just need to add a couple more pieces to the class we have coming in.

Need PLAYERS. Some might even be reading.

[QUOTE=s9er;163077]Christ, get off the Mitch issue already. You act as if the kid was tanking games or not showing any effort. He was never the same after the shoulder injuries. It is as simple as that.

The kid gave 5 years to the University, show a little class and tip your cap to that.[/QUOTE]

Very Well Said.

Since I have been one of those very critical of Mitch this year,I want to reiterate what iā€™ve said previously,that I blame the coach,much more than Mitchell for how the minutes were dished out.I donā€™t blame Mitch for that at all,iā€™m sure he didnā€™t go into Bobby and say"if you donā€™t dtart me iā€™m quitting". Iā€™ll assume what most everybody has been saying all year is trueā€¦that Mitch has never been close to the same player,physically or mentally,since he hurt his shoulder.While iā€™ve heard a lot of people here talk about what a trooper Mitch has been during his career here,thereā€™s been very little mention,I think,proportionately,of what a trooper and team-guy Marcus has beenā€¦to play 1 lousy year here,and get subordinated to a guy that he has clearly outplayedā€¦heā€™s never(that I know of) shot off his mouth or dissed the team,or the coach.In my opinion,itā€™s the coaches job to put the guys out there that give us the best chance to winā€¦imho Bobby did a lousy job of that this year,iā€™ll forever feel we could have won at least 20 gamesā€¦again,thatainā€™t Mitchā€™s fault.If you listen to any seriously good college coach,they all say that the two things that they believe can be taught and accomplished thru hard work and teaching are PLAYING GOOD DEFENSE,AND REBOUNDING HARD.I think Bobby is a lousy teacher,regardless of whether the kids come to us from high school or juco.My overriding feeling after watching all these tournament games,particularly the mid-majorsā€¦is these teams are much better coached squads than usā€¦by a wide margin.I donā€™t think,man-for-man,Wichita State or George Masonā€¦or Uab for that matter,is even as talented as our squad wasā€¦they are just much better TEAMS.So call me negative and shoot me!

[QUOTE=lucky57;163163]So call me negative and shoot me![/QUOTE]

:fastgun: NEGATIVE

:smile: :smile: :smile:

[QUOTE=lucky57;163163]Since I have been one of those very critical of Mitch this year,I want to reiterate what iā€™ve said previously,that I blame the coach,much more than Mitchell for how the minutes were dished out.I donā€™t blame Mitch for that at all,iā€™m sure he didnā€™t go into Bobby and say"if you donā€™t dtart me iā€™m quitting". Iā€™ll assume what most everybody has been saying all year is trueā€¦that Mitch has never been close to the same player,physically or mentally,since he hurt his shoulder.While iā€™ve heard a lot of people here talk about what a trooper Mitch has been during his career here,thereā€™s been very little mention,I think,proportionately,of what a trooper and team-guy Marcus has beenā€¦to play 1 lousy year here,and get subordinated to a guy that he has clearly outplayedā€¦heā€™s never(that I know of) shot off his mouth or dissed the team,or the coach.In my opinion,itā€™s the coaches job to put the guys out there that give us the best chance to winā€¦imho Bobby did a lousy job of that this year,iā€™ll forever feel we could have won at least 20 gamesā€¦again,thatainā€™t Mitchā€™s fault.If you listen to any seriously good college coach,they all say that the two things that they believe can be taught and accomplished thru hard work and teaching are PLAYING GOOD DEFENSE,AND REBOUNDING HARD.I think Bobby is a lousy teacher,regardless of whether the kids come to us from high school or juco.My overriding feeling after watching all these tournament games,particularly the mid-majorsā€¦is these teams are much better coached squads than usā€¦by a wide margin.I donā€™t think,man-for-man,Wichita State or George Masonā€¦or Uab for that matter,is even as talented as our squad wasā€¦they are just much better TEAMS.So call me negative and shoot me![/QUOTE]
Ever heard of a damn paragraph? I read about two lines of your rant and give up. And I might actually care what you say, I just canā€™t get through it.

[QUOTE=hootie;163198]I read about two lines of your rant and give up. [/QUOTE]

Same hereā€¦ is it really that hard to put spaces between sentences?

I think we can ā€œdeleteā€ this thread itā€™s lost all purpose, and has become pointless.