ESPN article on 49er Football

I was going to post the same thing. I canā€™t believe that all of those people are really that confused. Seems some posts are sort of smack talk.[/quote]
We have to keep UNC our nameā€¦all they do for us, its the least we can do. Plus we students need to feel like we go to the real UNC and not Charlotte Community College

ā€¦sarcasm at its finestā€¦im all for Univ. of Charlotte or Charlotte Univā€¦count me in

I was going to post the same thing. I canā€™t believe that all of those people are really that confused. Seems some posts are sort of smack talk.[/quote]
We have to keep UNC our nameā€¦all they do for us, its the least we can do. Plus we students need to feel like we go to the real UNC and not Charlotte Community College

ā€¦sarcasm at its finestā€¦im all for Univ. of Charlotte or Charlotte Univā€¦count me in[/quote]

THISā€¦

[quote=ā€œGill, post:48, topic:25504ā€]On a more serious note, I am with ID, I donā€™t think anyone is asking for specific credit. But I also think its important for a program which lacks a lot of traditions and history that we not leave this out. The story of Charlotte Football is not only a great one to inspire our fans and soon to be fans, but also could be a huge marketing angle.

And as I mentioned earlier, to leave out any mention of the student and alumni movement is an insult to the hard work and long hours spent on bringing football to Charlotte. I didnā€™t fight for football to get a golden toilet (zing), but I did not expect the long hours spent by busy alumni and overloaded students to be ignored.[/quote]

I disagree Gill. The story of our visionary ADā€™s 20 year fight to bring football to Charlotte is a much better story.

Donā€™t be insulted by this. Just stick your head in the sand, pretend everything is OK, and just enjoy the fact that we have a football team.

While you are at it, be happy that we were kicked out of CUSA, got stuck in the A-10, and have been turned down for membership by all the FCS Conferences we wanted to join.

Pass me some of that green kool-aid!

As one of those alums that donated money for CFI advertising and that joined the rally, Iā€™m really disappointed that my name was not mentioned in this article. On the bright side, WE NOW HAVE FOOTBALL.

And so Judy supported football the entire time she talked about FANTASY DOLLARS. What is next? The sports editor has always attended our games?

Wait, it sounds like you are saying that Judy is a bandwagon football supporter. Yaaaaay! Weā€™ve got our first one. Next thing you know kids at UNC-G will be wearing Niner gear on their campus.

haha, i actually know one who did. A friend of deez49er and mine. He went to UNCG, but came to Niners games on a fairly regular basis. He got a Niner Nation tee and wore it all the time at UNCG