ESPN Power 5 propagandists Herbstreit and Finebaum ridicule UCF while carrying

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/columnists/os-sp-ucf-espn-herbstreit-alabama-sec-power-5-story.html

As chidave said in chat, UCF beat an auburn team that went 2-2 against the CFP teams. That is enough of a sample size to gauge UCF’s quality.

The point here is what else could UCF have done? They beat everyone in front of them and then handled the team that beat the so called National Champion.

The problem here is exactly what the writer identified, these ESPN Analysts are just sales guys for the ESPN product which is the P5 leagues. They will never ever give a program like UCF its due, because they are paid by ESPN to pimp their “power 5” product.

It’s a microcosm of the problem rampant in “journalism” everywhere now - the wall between the editorial side and the business side of the house has been torn down, and we are all the worse for it. As the writer pointed out:

Exactly.

UCF are the NC in my book. They did everything asked of them, and did it perfectly.

cheers to Orlando paper. The Observer would NEVER print that

I’ve always found Herbstreit to a pompous ass and totally overrated as an analyst. I really enjoy muting his mouth so I can watch football without his inane comments. In short, fuck him.

Also, 12 of Alabama’s claimed national titles came before there was any national championship game - I suppose they should give those back. Hell, for their claimed 1941 title they were 9-2, finished third in their own conference and finished ranked 20th. They don’t seem to have a problem claiming that one.

1 Like