ESPN ranks NBA players, 1-500

The series against Dallas:

[table] [tr] [td]Player[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]TOs[/td][/tr] [tr][td]Wade[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]5[/td] [td].550[/td] [td]2.5[/td][/tr] [tr][td]James[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8[/td] [td].480[/td] [td]4.0[/td][/tr][/table]

The series against Dallas:

[table] [tr] [td]Player[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]TOs[/td][/tr] [tr][td]Wade[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]5[/td] [td].550[/td] [td]2.5[/td][/tr][/table] James 18 7 8 .480 4.0[/quote]

Against the Bulls:
[table] [tr] [td]Playoffs[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3p%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td][/tr] [tr] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr] [tr] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Conf. Finals[/td] [td]MIA[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]45.2[/td] [td]0.447[/td] [td]0.389[/td] [td]0.864[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]6.4[/td] [td]7.8[/td] [td]6.6[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]25.8[/td][/tr][/table]
[table] [tr] [td]Conf. Finals[/td] [td]MIA[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]39.6[/td] [td]0.405[/td] [td]0.200[/td] [td]0.829[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]6.4[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]18.8[/td][/tr][/table]

I would say the series against Dallas mattered more.

Yes, but you don’t get the finals if you don’t beat the Bulls.

Also, LeBron’s performance vs the Mavs was better than Wade’s vs the Bulls.

If you’re gonna demonize LeBron, at least have the consistency to do it to Wade as well.

Was this guy on the list?

[quote=“Powerbait, post:24, topic:25792”]Yes, but you don’t get the finals if you don’t beat the Bulls.

If you’re gonna demonize LeBron, at least have the consistency to do it to Wade as well.[/quote]

So basically its tie?

Tie breaker goes to he who has a ring and a Finals MVP.

Ehh, I’d have loved to have seen LeBron with Shaq still in his prime.

Its the whole body of work. Lebron has been to the finals twice and won 2 games. Two. That it is. If you are the MVP you gotta get it done. Just like Rose last year…didn’t get it done. He was shut down in the Miami series. James is a matchup problem for EVERY person that guards him. He should drive to the basket every time…he will get the call 70% percent of the time and probably get and 1 about 75% of those times. He can’t shoot the three yet continues to. He sometimes makes clutch free throws. He is a regular season player. Look at his last few years in Cleveland. He was a 30 foot turn around away from getting swept by the Magic. Pathetic…and I am a Magic fan.

You can laugh all you want at my list. Its a freaking opinion. Look when Miami won the championship…who carried them, Wade. This past year…Dirk. Go back two years ago and look who took Miami to the playoffs, Wade. That team was awful besides him. It is just like when Lebron was with Cleveland and Dwight in Orlando. Those guys made those teams. The problem with Lebron is he could never carry those teams. That is why he is not in my top 5. I clearly stated he has the talent to be #1. He is just lacking the intangibles to be there.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:28, topic:25792”]Its the whole body of work. Lebron has been to the finals twice and won 2 games. Two. That it is. If you are the MVP you gotta get it done. Just like Rose last year…didn’t get it done. He was shut down in the Miami series. James is a matchup problem for EVERY person that guards him. He should drive to the basket every time…he will get the call 70% percent of the time and probably get and 1 about 75% of those times. He can’t shoot the three yet continues to. He sometimes makes clutch free throws. He is a regular season player. Look at his last few years in Cleveland. He was a 30 foot turn around away from getting swept by the Magic. Pathetic…and I am a Magic fan.

You can laugh all you want at my list. Its a freaking opinion. Look when Miami won the championship…who carried them, Wade. This past year…Dirk. Go back two years ago and look who took Miami to the playoffs, Wade. That team was awful besides him. It is just like when Lebron was with Cleveland and Dwight in Orlando. Those guys made those teams. The problem with Lebron is he could never carry those teams. That is why he is not in my top 5. I clearly stated he has the talent to be #1. He is just lacking the intangibles to be there.[/quote]

What I just read is that LeBron James has been to the finals twice, shut down the league MVP in the playoffs last year and is a matchup problem for every team in the NBA.

[quote=“NewNiner, post:6, topic:25792”][quote=“Powerbait, post:5, topic:25792”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:4, topic:25792”]I would have Dirk, Wade, Durant, Howard, Paul my top five. Maybe not that order but def. those players. Dirk is nearly unstoppable. We all know what Wade brings. Durant is probably the best pure shooter in the NBA. I only put Howard in here because he is the most dominant big man in the league on both ends of the floor. Paul because he is one of the best on offense and defense. You need a steal, pick and roll, three, free throw, he can give it to you.

I don’t have Lebron because when you are that gifted…you have to prove yourself. I have hated that guy from day one when he was known as the “king” and has not done anything. Regular season and scoring titles don’t get you anything.[/quote]

lololololol

lololololololol

lololololol

Wait, you’re being serious?

lololololololol[/quote]

So you’re saying Dan Marino, Warren Moon, and Roman Gabriel were worse quarterbacks than Eli Manning, Brad Johnson, or Trent Dilfer?[/quote]

The list is of active players. Good try on trying to spin the championship ring to another argument. However, I will answer your question. Football is a much different sport. It is rare that in football one single person will win you the game. It happens, but it is more of a team sport than basketball. It is also a lot harder to compare because of how the game evolved. Just 20 years ago the game was completely different. Eli and Trent both won because of their defenses.

You are comparing apples and oranges. I said James can not be top player today without a ring. There are too many players around his caliber that have gotten it done. He has been in the league too long to not have won it all.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:29, topic:25792”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:28, topic:25792”]Its the whole body of work. Lebron has been to the finals twice and won 2 games. Two. That it is. If you are the MVP you gotta get it done. Just like Rose last year…didn’t get it done. He was shut down in the Miami series. James is a matchup problem for EVERY person that guards him. He should drive to the basket every time…he will get the call 70% percent of the time and probably get and 1 about 75% of those times. He can’t shoot the three yet continues to. He sometimes makes clutch free throws. He is a regular season player. Look at his last few years in Cleveland. He was a 30 foot turn around away from getting swept by the Magic. Pathetic…and I am a Magic fan.

You can laugh all you want at my list. Its a freaking opinion. Look when Miami won the championship…who carried them, Wade. This past year…Dirk. Go back two years ago and look who took Miami to the playoffs, Wade. That team was awful besides him. It is just like when Lebron was with Cleveland and Dwight in Orlando. Those guys made those teams. The problem with Lebron is he could never carry those teams. That is why he is not in my top 5. I clearly stated he has the talent to be #1. He is just lacking the intangibles to be there.[/quote]

What I just read is that LeBron James has been to the finals twice, shut down the league MVP in the playoffs last year and is a matchup problem for every team in the NBA.[/quote]

and has just as many rings as the Charlotte Bobcats. Correct…BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME HE IS. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY KING…who has no postseason accolades. To be the best you have to beat the best…or at least beat somebody.

Eh would have loved to see Magic and Jordan together.

Or Hakeem and Oscar Robertson.

Or Bird with Russell

We can play that game forever. And besides Shaq was already on the downside in 06 - if he had been in his prime he would have been Finals MVP. He was still 20 and 10 but not 29 and 12 like he was in his prime.

We get it - you love Lebron so no matter what arguements are made you will side with him. Nothing wrong with that. Part of what makes sports fun is crap like this.

Old guy says Wilt/Russell
Not quite as old guy says Robertson
I say Jordan
You say Lebron
and 15 years from now people will say someone who right now is 7 years old.

James has been to two NBA Finals one of which was on a less than stellar Cavs team. I agree I’d like to see Lebron win a ring to take the #1 spot but to say he needs to at least beat somebody is just ridiculous.

Considering all the guys at ESPN did were rate players on a scale of 1-10 and sort the averages. Let’s just do the same for the top 10 guys on the list and see what we come up with. It will be just as valid maybe more so considering the other list was done by ESPN.

Less than stellar? James, Hughes, Ilgauskas, Gooden, Sasha, Varejao, Boobie Gibson. Pure Garbage for sure. Look at Dallas last year. They beat people who are in the top ten. Beat POR (No one top 20). Beat LA (7 & 11). Beat MEM (20). Beat OKC (6 & 15). They then beat Miami (1, 3, Bosh is 24).

Miami, with much better talent than Dallas beats PHI (No one in top 30, Iggy is 34), BOS (17), CHI-8-(it makes the 8 a smiley if I parenthesis it), then lose finals.

–tell me again how he doesn’t need to beat somebody.

(…) = number ranked on ESPN with only mention of 20 and higher (1-20)

Eh would have loved to see Magic and Jordan together.

Or Hakeem and Oscar Robertson.

Or Bird with Russell

We can play that game forever. And besides Shaq was already on the downside in 06 - if he had been in his prime he would have been Finals MVP. He was still 20 and 10 but not 29 and 12 like he was in his prime.

We get it - you love Lebron so no matter what arguements are made you will side with him. Nothing wrong with that. Part of what makes sports fun is crap like this.

Old guy says Wilt/Russell
Not quite as old guy says Robertson
I say Jordan
You say Lebron
and 15 years from now people will say someone who right now is 7 years old.[/quote]

I’d say Robertson over Jordan. But I will say Jordan is the best scorer in the history of the game.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:34, topic:25792”]Less than stellar? James, Hughes, Ilgauskas, Gooden, Sasha, Varejao, Boobie Gibson. Pure Garbage for sure. Look at Dallas last year. They beat people who are in the top ten. Beat POR (No one top 20). Beat LA (7 & 11). Beat MEM (20). Beat OKC (6 & 15). They then beat Miami (1, 3, Bosh is 24).

Miami, with much better talent than Dallas beats PHI (No one in top 30, Iggy is 34), BOS (17), CHI-8-(it makes the 8 a smiley if I parenthesis it), then lose finals.

–tell me again how he doesn’t need to beat somebody.

(…) = number ranked on ESPN with only mention of 20 and higher (1-20)[/quote]

The second best player on that Cavs team was Boozer. There isn’t another person that you listed that was anything other than a role player.

Carlos Boozer on the Cavs in the finals? New to me. Learn the roster before you make a statement please.

And even if you want to say that…who on the Mavs this year other than Dirk was not a role player? Their second highest scorer came of the bench for gods sakes.

my bad, you’re right. That was an AWFUL team.

I don’t really need to say much more. You are obviously all over Lebrons nuts and think he is the greatest. It is just a difference of opinions. If a team makes the finals they obviously are not awful. Its just you trying to prove your point…which is Lebron is the best. The stats of the Cavs finals team (the one without Boozer) and the stats of this year Mavericks team are very similar relating to points per game for starters/6th man. You think that Cavs team is awful for some reason. Just as many people average 10+ points per game (With Butler out). The numbers in the playoffs were similar…with the CAVS having more people averaging more than 10+ in the playoffs. You just have no idea what you are talking about. Good try.

Dallas this year: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2011.html

Cavs Finals Year: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html

[quote=“Powerbait, post:24, topic:25792”]Yes, but you don’t get the finals if you don’t beat the Bulls.

If you’re gonna demonize LeBron, at least have the consistency to do it to Wade as well.[/quote]

I’m not demonizing him. I put him 4th on my over all list. Aside from “the” press conference I like Lebron.

But you’re way off by saying Wade is not in the same level as Lebron in any facet of the game. That’s lunacy. You also mentioned Lebron’s Chi series was better than Wade’s Dal series. Yet he averaged less points, shot a lower FG% and had more TOs. He ave 7.8 rebs to Wade’s 7. They ave the same amount of blocks. So the only thing Lebron clearly did better(stats wise) was assists, 6.5 to 5.2.