ESPN:What's hot (and not) for 2008-09

[URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/preview2008/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=3698731]by Dana O’Neil[/URL]

A little exert, taken after extensive sucking up to Curry and Hansbrough

[QUOTE][B]North Carolina hoops[/B]: No, we don’t just mean the Tar Heels. We mean the state. There are four schools from N.C. in the Top 25 – UNC, Duke, Davidson and Wake Forest. If NC State can get its act together by March and the other four live up to their billing, North Carolina could boast five schools in the bracket for the first time since the field expanded to 64 teams.[/QUOTE]

She has the nerve to bring up UNC-Raleigh’s tournament chances before ours, if there is a 5th in state Tourney team…Its Charlotte.

If I can remember, I’ll email her in March.

If NC State can…I’m not even going to finish. Get a new job. NC State is a joke with the conference BARELY holding their athletics program afloat. All I know is our football team almost got better than theirs today, and we’d beat them in bball by 20.

[URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/preview2008/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=3698731]by Dana O'Neil[/URL]

North Carolina hoops: No, we don’t just mean the Tar Heels. We mean the state. There are four schools from N.C. in the Top 25 – UNC, Duke, Davidson and Wake Forest. If NC State can get its act together by March and the other four live up to their billing, North Carolina could boast five schools in the bracket for the first time since the field expanded to 64 teams.

I don’t know where she’s getting this information.

In 2004, Charlotte, Duke, UNC-CH, NCSU & Wake were all dancing.

In 2005, Wake, UNC-CH, NCSU, Charlotte & Duke.

In 2002, Duke, Charlotte, UNCW, Davidson, NCSU and Wake. That’s 6. I also seem to remember a year when UNCA made it and there were 6 NC teams dancing, but I think three examples this decade is enough to prove her wrong.

I don't know where she's getting this information.

In 2002, Duke, Charlotte, UNCW, Davidson, NCSU and Wake. That’s 6. I also seem to remember a year when UNCA made it and there were 6 NC teams dancing, but I think three examples this decade is enough to prove her wrong.

I thought only ACC schools counted- and of course they still remember Davidson

That little fact needs to be emailed to her…alot.

Great research on her part and a great representation of the media’s tradition of ignoring anything non-ACC related when it comes to college BBall in NC.

I guess Charlotte is considered IN north carolina? wtf?

I thought only ACC schools counted- and of course they still remember Davidson
Dangit! Beat me to it!

Sent my e-mail.

We should all send one to make her feel dumb.

A10

A10

Valid point.

Here’s a counterpoint: SoCon.

Valid point.

Here’s a counter point: SoCon.

Elite 8.

The years we were in the Dance we were in CUSA. I dont think the A10 has a thing to do with it. Its more that this writer has no clue what the hell he’s talking about.

The years we were in the Dance we were in CUSA. I dont think the A10 has a thing to do with it. Its more that this writer has no clue what the hell he's talking about.

Word is they allow women in the workplace nowadays…

:tongue:

The years we were in the Dance we were in CUSA. I dont think the A10 has a thing to do with it. Its more that this writer has no clue what the hell he's talking about.

QFT.

A lot of the time I believe that half the writers and analysts get their info from USA Today, especially out of touch farts like Vitale and Phelps. Perhaps the only ones I respect are Katz and Bilas, and Luke Winn sometimes, they actually show their research and hardly have to retract.