Ex-49er Leland Clemmons Drafted by KC Royals

Signed as a free agent-not drafted. Seemed like a good guy. If he ever figures out how to steal first base, he may have a future as a pro.

Yeah, I laughed.

This scene reminds me of Clemmons -

[quote=“N1NER, post:4, topic:28896”]This scene reminds me of Clemmons -

I was thinking he was more like Pedro because he couldn’t hit a curveball. Maybe he’s a combo of those 2.

Best of luck to Leland! He showed a few glimpses of what he could be while he was here, but looked clueless far too many times.

[quote=“N1NER, post:4, topic:28896”]This scene reminds me of Clemmons -

Yep. He would have been better off to have taken every pitch each time at bat in hopes of getting walked.

I remember him hitting the ball to the warning track in his first or second at-bat as a freshman. His next time up, he hit it over the fence. After that, he seemed to swing at everything.

Not only did he swing at everything, but he swung for the fence at everything. I think we were all excited after his first few at bats that year. Perhaps he just went into a 2 year slump.

Drafted by KC? Does he get to meet the Sunshine Band? :))

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:9, topic:28896”]Drafted by KC? Does he get to meet the Sunshine Band? :))[/quote] Many posters here have no idea what you are talking about, old timer.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:10, topic:28896”][quote=“stonecoldken”]Drafted by KC? Does he get to meet the Sunshine Band? :))[/quote] Many posters here have no idea what you are talking about, old timer.
[/quot

i do. ::slight_smile: [font=Verdana][size=78%] [/size][/font][/quote]

[quote=“earlyniner, post:11, topic:28896”][quote=“4ever niner, post:10, topic:28896”][quote=“stonecoldken”]Drafted by KC? Does he get to meet the Sunshine Band? :))[/quote] Many posters here have no idea what you are talking about, old timer.
[/quot

i do. ::slight_smile: [font=Verdana][size=78%] [/size][/font][/quote][/quote]

Ironically, the Uh-Huh guy occasionally sings a song by KC and the Sunshine Band at our baseball games. That’s the way… Uh-Huh Uh-Huh… I like it.