Ex Miami Hurricanes QB Evan Sheriffs

This is pure internet gold

1 Like

This post makes me very happy, hope her can get here for Spring.

Thought this highlight film may interest everyone

Looks great, having protection and someone to throw to…when will we give him that ?

My excitement level for this season went up a few notches. Excited to see what a new OC and QB can do.

clt asks about his hands.

Agree with this post totally. Our offense was historically bad last year. It’s hard for us to grasp that as fans with it being only our 5th year.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, we could be absolutely terrible on offense, and that still be a huge upgrade on what we had last year. I’m not saying we are going to see a massive swing in the w/l column, but I think we are going to be significantly better in the fall, and we played several close games last year. It’s a win/win. We are either going to be good, or we are going to see a change.

He is shown making several of the throws a QB needs to make, albeit never under duress. If we can protect him or if he can make those throws under duress, our offense should improve.

Lotta IFs there. We have never pass blocked well.

This much is clear, passing game can’t really regress with him back there.

I’m sure they are probably his friends, but some of the better offensive canes seem to be endorsing him. Would be something if he comes here and is truly a baller. Would change the trajectory of our program.

Nope. But I don’t have kids and I didn’t get attacked by a bear either. There are similarities. I don’t use the word rubbish as well as he does, though.

Love his composure in the pocket. He stays cool when the pocket collapses. The biggest issues last year was definitely the passing game. I think this kid will do well in Shane’s offense. Time will tell but I feel good about this guy and have more hope than before about this upcoming football season.

Does anyone know why he chose to transfer to Charlotte?

I’d guess ample playing time and we have the MBA program he desires.

1 Like

Shane Montgomery has a good reputation as a QB coach, could have something to do with it

1 Like