Ex-UTSA MBB coach Brooks Thompson - RIP

Expressnews.com: UTSA fires Thompson, begins search for men’s basketball coach

clt comments

Can they get a new arena and a coach as a package deal?

Mysanantonio.com: Gillispie might be one to watch in UTSA coaching search

If I am a young black kid, and my mother tells me someone named Billy Clyde Gillispie is looking for me, I am not taking that call. Well, maybe it’s different in Texas.

Roadrunners hire Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson to lead program.

Goutsa.com: UTSA names Steve Henson as head men’s basketball coach on Friday

Mysanantonio.com: Steve Henson hired as seventh men’s basketball coach at UTSA

And unfortunate news about the coach he replaced.

Newsok.com: Former Cowboy Brooks Thompson fighting for his life

Tulsaworld.com: Former Oklahoma State basketball player Brooks Thompson hospitalized, in critical condition

[quote=“Run49er, post:6, topic:30245”]Roadrunners hire Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson to lead program.

Tulsaworld.com: Former Oklahoma State basketball player Brooks Thompson hospitalized, in critical condition[/quote]

Sad. Could be natural causes, but if I were his doctor I’d check him for poisoning. (Sorry. I watch a lot of true crime shows and this scenario has been played out in a number of other murders.)

[quote=“49er1, post:7, topic:30245”][quote=“Run49er, post:6, topic:30245”]Roadrunners hire Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson to lead program.

Tulsaworld.com: Former Oklahoma State basketball player Brooks Thompson hospitalized, in critical condition[/quote]

Sad. Could be natural causes, but if I were his doctor I’d check him for poisoning. (Sorry. I watch a lot of true crime shows and this scenario has been played out in a number of other murders.)[/quote]

Holy crap! I was thinking the same thing. They should check him for anti-freeze poisoning. Just watched one of those shows where this lady had poisoned her daughter (f’ed up, I know), and she had multiple organs just start failing.

Sad news about former UTSA head coach.

Tulsaworld.com: Former Oklahoma State player Brooks Thompson dies at age 45

USAToday.com: Brooks Thompson, first-round NBA pick, former UTSA coach, dies at 45

Really nice remembrance posted to Facebook by Doug Gottlieb.

Brooks Thompson died tonight, he was the best point guard in Oklahoma State history.