Exciting chances to get old Charlotte games

[SIZE=2]Exciting news. The opportunity for me to upload old Charlotte games has come up. I have been contacted by someone who has these game.He has several Charlotte games and is willing to distribute them via NNN under certain conditions. The idea is that the games will be uploaded in the same manner that I have been uploading the ones I actually have, which allows access through the internet as well as the ability of the downloader to do with the video files whatever they wish. For these games, however, the download links will be provided only to those who pay our resident video-collector via Paypal. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]We are doing a trial run with the 1992 Metro Conference Championship vs. Tulane. If everything works, we will move on to other games from the past, including the 1977 regional final against Michigan. So, to recap, purchase of the 1992 Metro Conference Championship game is $7.00 dollars. The Paypal account address is [COLOR=#004c26]thewayitwas64@yahoo.com[/COLOR]. Once the money is received, the links to download will be sent via PM. We ask, of course, that you please do not distribute the video yourself as it takes money away from our cooperative friend. There will be a thread for the 1992 game too in a second when I make it.[/SIZE]

I wonder how the school would feel about him profitting off of them without their permission. I doubt they’d like it much.

That’s messed up.

That's messed up.

Paying some guy for pirated copies of old games?

Paying some guy for pirated copies of old games?

What could be more messed up than THAT?

By the way, I’ve had some questions about the video quality, which is fair for a product you’re paying for. I’d rank it about a B, standard fare for a video from the early 90s. It’s taped off TV, so you get wonderful early 90s commercials as well as the halftime show. My favorite are the McDonald’s ones.

I’d imagine this is illegal.

Very much illegal, this is why the highlight video could not be made available to the public.

I'd imagine this is illegal.

It is.
-Remember when you hear all those: “No unauthorized duplication without expressed written consent.” This is what they’re talking about.
No thanks. :huh:

:eek:

Like the opprtunity, but as others have said here, that is illegal. It’s that part before every sports broadcast that tells you it is illegal to copy, reproduce or make profit from that event…

Oh, it’s illegal. Unless I misunderstand how all of this works, I’m fairly sure that [I]any[/I] distribution of NCAA games, whether it be by Youtube or by burning a DVD for your friend, is illegal. If that prevents you from buying from thewayitwas, please by all means stay away. It’s never stopped me, but I also illegally download music from Limewire and torrent old NBA games.

Edit: Also, mods, if you feel like you have to take down this thread, please don’t hesitate to do so. I won’t feel personally offended or anything.

Oh, it's illegal. Unless I misunderstand how all of this works, I'm fairly sure that [I]any[/I] distribution of NCAA games, whether it be by Youtube or by burning a DVD for your friend, is illegal. If that prevents you from buying from thewayitwas, please by all means stay away. It's never stopped me, but I also illegally download music from Limewire and torrent old NBA games.

Edit: Also, mods, if you feel like you have to take down this thread, please don’t hesitate to do so. I won’t feel personally offended or anything.

I’m not paying to go on YouTube and btw TNA sometimes stuff on YouTube is taking down due to copyright claims, especially those of major sport leagues.

Oh, it's illegal. Unless I misunderstand how all of this works, I'm fairly sure that [I]any[/I] distribution of NCAA games, whether it be by Youtube or by burning a DVD for your friend, is illegal. If that prevents you from buying from thewayitwas, please by all means stay away. It's never stopped me, but I also illegally download music from Limewire and torrent old NBA games.

If the Feds won’t take you down, we will.

Leaked: [URL=http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf]1992 Metro Conference Championship[/URL]

[QUOTE=Hooner49;411223]Leaked: [URL=http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf]1992 Metro Conference Championship[/URL][/QUOTE]

ARRRRRRRRRR!

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;411210]Oh, it’s illegal. Unless I misunderstand how all of this works, I’m fairly sure that [I]any[/I] distribution of NCAA games, whether it be by Youtube or by burning a DVD for your friend, is illegal. If that prevents you from buying from thewayitwas, please by all means stay away. It’s never stopped me, but I also illegally download music from Limewire and torrent old NBA games.

Edit: Also, mods, if you feel like you have to take down this thread, please don’t hesitate to do so. I won’t feel personally offended or anything.[/QUOTE]

I exceed the posted speed limit on the highway sometimes…

TNA, I think this is a different situation. When you are among friends and peers, you “share” things. That’s what you do with friends.

It’s sort of like sitting in a circle in a smoking a bowl and some outsider comes and sits down with his bowl and wants to charge $7 bucks for a toke. The high comes down fast :frowning: