EZU/Crapp State Game in Charlotte

I doubt this happens since TN/WV play in Charlotte that year. Not sure what makes either school think they would get 50k in B of A for this.

Nothing says “Our graduates cannot get a job here, so you had better move to Charlotte” quite like putting on a game like this.

I don’t understand the reasoning behind this. Is this just so they can attract attention from their grads who live in Charlotte and are too lazy to drive a few hours to go to their games?

Seems like they would make a lot more money with a home and home where they don’t have to pay exhirbitant rent to the panthers.

I mean do they really think this is going to move the needle for them in any way???

[quote=“Gassman, post:3, topic:29707”]I don’t understand the reasoning behind this. Is this just so they can attract attention from their grads who live in Charlotte and are too lazy to drive a few hours to go to their games?

Seems like they would make a lot more money with a home and home where they don’t have to pay exhirbitant rent to the panthers.

I mean do they really think this is going to move the needle for them in any way???[/quote]

I wonder if the city is giving them one of their free dates.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:4, topic:29707”][quote=“Gassman, post:3, topic:29707”]I don’t understand the reasoning behind this. Is this just so they can attract attention from their grads who live in Charlotte and are too lazy to drive a few hours to go to their games?

I mean do they really think this is going to move the needle for them in any way???[/quote]

I wonder if the city is giving them one of their free dates.[/quote]Probably, but would be stupid. The city mostly makes money bringing people in that will stay in hotels because they get big money from hotel taxes. Most people attending this game would very likely be local or make the roundtrip drive the same day.

Guys, this may very well NEVER happen. If it does, it is likely several years away. Don’t sweat it. I don’t think EZU will do it anyway.

[quote=“Niner National, post:5, topic:29707”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:4, topic:29707”][quote=“Gassman, post:3, topic:29707”]I don’t understand the reasoning behind this. Is this just so they can attract attention from their grads who live in Charlotte and are too lazy to drive a few hours to go to their games?

I wonder if the city is giving them one of their free dates.[/quote]Probably, but would be stupid. The city mostly makes money bringing people in that will stay in hotels because they get big money from hotel taxes. Most people attending this game would very likely be local or make the roundtrip drive the same day.[/quote]

I seriously doubt the city would waste one of their free dates on this. They are looking much bigger than this for the reasons stated above.

They will be looking mainly at international soccer.

I heard a rumor on a local soccer podcast that FC Barcelona and Bayern Munich could be in the works.

I want a mens national team game.

clt says this game is not happening, unless they play at memorial.

[quote=“Gassman, post:7, topic:29707”][quote=“Niner National, post:5, topic:29707”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:4, topic:29707”][quote=“Gassman, post:3, topic:29707”]I don’t understand the reasoning behind this. Is this just so they can attract attention from their grads who live in Charlotte and are too lazy to drive a few hours to go to their games?

I wonder if the city is giving them one of their free dates.[/quote]Probably, but would be stupid. The city mostly makes money bringing people in that will stay in hotels because they get big money from hotel taxes. Most people attending this game would very likely be local or make the roundtrip drive the same day.[/quote]

I seriously doubt the city would waste one of their free dates on this. They are looking much bigger than this for the reasons stated above.

They will be looking mainly at international soccer.

I heard a rumor on a local soccer podcast that FC Barcelona and Bayern Munich could be in the works.

I want a mens national team game.[/quote]

They get 5 a year so it is certainly possible. I’m not saying they are going to give them a date but I’ve seen Charlotte leaders to dumb things in the past.

I also want a national team game here. Hopefully the success of these international matches will help make that happen.

Didn’t realize they had 5 a year. This could slip through.

This game may not draw 50,000, but it will draw way more than 15,000. I had rather see us try to get a game there that will attract some fans. I personally we could pick up a decent number of fans.

Crazy amount of tickets still left for South Carolina and UNC Chapel Hill in a month and a half. A EZU/App State matchup might fill up the lower bowl.

clt says that is unpossible. The observer says everyone loves dem heels.

clt says that is unpossible. The observer says everyone loves dem heels.[/quote]
what year was the bowl game when the O reported there were about 55K in attendance when anyone watching the game could see it was about 25K at the most?

clt says that is unpossible. The observer says everyone loves dem heels.[/quote]
what year was the bowl game when the O reported there were about 55K in attendance when anyone watching the game could see it was about 25K at the most?[/quote]

Belk bowl in 2012 was cincy vs duke. I remember that having about 25K.

what year was the bowl game when the O reported there were about 55K in attendance when anyone watching the game could see it was about 25K at the most?[/quote]

2009 they played Pitt. Got free seats in one of the suites, only reason I went.