Fabulous Friday 5-0

Last night was a nice A10 Tip off. UMass and Richmond pulled out some close victories. St Joes, Dayton and even St. Bonnies all had blowout wins. St Bonnies only won 2 games lat year beat Robert Morris by 19. Lets hope you guys can regroup against Miss State. The only thing that would make this weekend better would to be the Tar Heel to fall in their home opener against Gardner-Webb. G.Webb has all it starters back…it could happen…Go A10

Going to a UNCC mens basketball game- 1 headache
UNCC starting out 1-2- 2 headaches
Seeing Gardner Webb beat the Tarheels- Priceless

If going to a UNCC game is such a headache for you, why do you call yourself a fan?

Seeing the 49ers lose the way they have, without heart or pride (to steal someone else’s line from another post) gives me a headache. How can I call myself a fan? Because I like the 49ers.

Ok, good to know that you are a fan because you like the niners. Its a good reason.

I think that you are right about the Tarholes. It would be a priceless moment if Gardner-Webb could beat the Taholes on their home court today.

It would be a good way to hold over us saddened niner fans until our team returns to its winning ways this week.

Our obsession with the Tarheels continues.

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;140301]Our obsession with the Tarheels continues.[/QUOTE]
Amen!

[SIZE=1]But I never complain any time the guys in baby blue lose.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=HP49er;140302]Amen!

[SIZE=1]But I never complain any time the guys in baby blue lose.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

We will never truely grow as a program until the athlectic department and the fans drop the inferiority complex.

How about #13 Stanford losing to UC Irivine, and the real schocker…

#5 Michigan St. losing to Hawaii by 22 points!!

Other important games,

Xavier blew out Eastern Illinois, 80-35
and Fordham lost to Old Dominon 65-52

[QUOTE=49erpi;140304]We will never truely grow as a program until the athlectic department and the fans drop the inferiority complex.[/QUOTE]

Just because we enjoy seeing a team lose doesnt mean that we have an inferiority complex, we could just plain ole not like that team.

[QUOTE=49erpi;140304]We will never truely grow as a program until the athlectic department and the fans drop the inferiority complex.[/QUOTE]

I assure I have no inferiority complex against the tarholes. This include grads, students, and their trailer trash fans.

I still love to see them lose, but an inferiority complex has nothing to do with it. If anything, I feel superior to many of their fans.

Recap of the weekend. A-10 went 8-2. Fordham actually led much of their game against ODU, losing when the Monarchs closed the game on a 14-1 run. They also played UGA close on Sunday, but going 17-28 at the FT line really hurt.

[U]November 18 [/U]
[B]Massachusetts[/B] 67, Hartford 62
[B]St. Bonaventure[/B] 80, Robert Morris 61
[B]Richmond[/B] 44, Hampton 40
[B]Dayton 81[/B], Tennessee Tech 60
[B]Saint Joseph’s[/B] 70, Lafayette 47

[U]November 19 [/U]
[B]Rhode Island [/B]56, Sacred Heart 50
Old Dominion 65, [B]Fordham[/B] 52 (St. Thomas, VI - Paradise Jam tourney)
[B]Xavier[/B] 80, Eastern Illinois 35

[U]November 20 [/U]
[B]La Salle[/B] 70, UMBC 55
Georgia 79, [B]Fordham[/B] 68 (St. Thomas, VI - Paradise Jam tourney)

Games today:

[B]Dayton[/B] at Miami OH 6:30
[B]St. Bonaventure[/B] at Niagara 7:00
[B]St. Joseph’s[/B] at Fairfield 7:30
Norfolk St vs. [B]Fordham [/B](St. Thomas, VI - Paradise Jam tourney) TBA

BTW, just a reminder that UMass plays at Davidson tomorrow night, then St. Joe’s visits the Wildcats for an afternoon tilt on Saturday, for those interested in seeing some of our A-10 competition in person. FYI, the Niners play at UMass and St. Joe’s this season.