Falcons New Stadium

Lambeau looks like football… That looks like a palace for felching (do not google image if you need to look that one up)

For me, it’s the damn global warming. When I was a kid, it used to snow year round, and we didn’t complain!

#sarcasm #I’m28

I agree. Quality unique architecture does age well.

This stadium is unique. No question about that. Quality? well…no, not really.

Agree on both points you made.

Non Falcons fan: “How many Championships have the Falcons won?”

Falcons fan: “We’ve been around nearly 50 years and never won a championship [size=18pt]but our stadium looks really cool at night[/size]”

Reason #23,309,436,566 that PT Barnum was right.

New stadiums seems to be going as contemporary as possible. It’s hard to tell if we’re witnessing something that will stand the tests of time and become a future standard, or if we’re witnessing an era similar to the 60’s, where everything constructed is a horrific eyesore in 20 years. I’m thinking this “look” will hang around because there’s clear effort/ingenuity in the design, and thoughtful people appreciate that sort of thing.

With that said, the Falcons can go to Hell.

I agree. Quality unique architecture does age well.

This stadium is unique. No question about that. Quality? well…no, not really.[/quote]

Your uneducated opinion, sure.

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:25, topic:27886”]New stadiums seems to be going as contemporary as possible. It’s hard to tell if we’re witnessing something that will stand the tests of time and become a future standard, or if we’re witnessing an era similar to the 60’s, where everything constructed is a horrific eyesore in 20 years. I’m thinking this “look” will hang around because there’s clear effort/ingenuity in the design, and thoughtful people appreciate that sort of thing.

With that said, the Falcons can go to Hell.[/quote]

They are going as contemporary as possible to justify raising prices as high as possible. If a team can’t earn revenue based on the team’s play on the field, they are forced to add “other stuff” to entertain the customer and motivate them to buy tickets. Does Cowboys Stadium really need a video board as big as the whole stadium? No it doesn’t, but ownership can make more money off of it, so it exists.

20 years? I doubt the lifespan of any NFL stadium is 20 years. Bank of America Stadium is one of the oldest in the NFL and around 20 years old. It needs some upgrades but doesn’t need everything being discussed.

Best thing said in this thread.

Best thing said in this thread.[/quote]

Well they’re already in Atlanta, so its pretty hard to get much closer to Hell without being in it.

Best thing said in this thread.[/quote]

Well they’re already in Atlanta, so its pretty hard to get much closer to Hell without being in it.[/quote]

You know why Florida doesn’t fall off into the ocean?
Cuz Georgia Sucks…

Leave my Falcons alone, bitches. >:( Especially if you’re a Pampers fan. :stuck_out_tongue:

Go back to jawja.

I’m not from jawja.

I’m not from jawja.[/quote]

If you’re a Falcons fan, you may as well be.

If you’re a Falcons fan, you may as well be.[/quote]

Might as well be from Russia… got that red fever.

If you’re a Falcons fan, you may as well be.[/quote]

Might as well be from Russia… got that red fever.[/quote]
Got half of that right.

RT @JeffSchultzAJC: 150-year-olld church rejects $13.5 million offer from #Falcons to move. This is getting good. http://t.co/s3ZZS8JJeC

They’ve got the Falcons over a barrel. The church knows they can milk it for much more than it’s worth because public sentiment is on their side right now. Will be interesting to see how high they get before public sentiment changes.