Falcons New Stadium

Falcons approved their new stadium today. It’s something. Really speaks to how much the panthers need to improve BoA.

(I know I just linked deadspin, but they had the best collection of pictures. It’s a real story.)

Who cares? They’re still the Falcons.

You can put a pile of shit in a beautiful box and wrap it with gold leaf and a platinum bow… and you’d still have a box of shit.

I expected Samuel L. Jackson’s face to be somewhere on the outside.

Sorry - guess I’m just old school. Color me not impressed.

Would rather spend my money at Jerry Richardson Stadium.

Looks like some architects got together and pooled their dumbest ideas and are now laughing that the a falcons accepted it

Great example of difference between architects and engineers. One gets to dream while the other has to make reality of it.

Looks to me like they said “how can we screw up the Falcons more than they already are? I KNOW!!! Let’s make their new stadium look like a funky rose-ruby!”

Considering it’s the guys who did MetLife and a number of other notable stadium designs, I highly doubt it will be an issue. Also, the price tag on it will have numerous high level engineer firms chomping at the bit to get it, if one isn’t already behind the scenes with them (I would suspect one already is).

Some step outside of the box, rather than just accept the box as it is.

I think it looks cool. Will be awesome at night.

Strange… you always seemed to be too nice a guy to partake in this kind of douchebaggery.

They still have to live in Atlanta though. :o

Very nice.

clt thinks it is perfect for Atlanta, therefore it stinks.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:2, topic:27886”]Who cares? They’re still the Falcons.

You can put a pile of s*** in a beautiful box and wrap it with gold leaf and a platinum bow… and you’d still have a box of s***.[/quote]

I’m so glad I wasn’t charged with engineering this:

I think it looks awesome. Jfelt’s right, it will look incredible at night.

Yep, awesome new stadium.

Also, quality unique architecture always ages well. Storrs is the coolest building on our campus by a mile.

Ugly, and doesn’t “look” football- it looks French

For designs like that it looks good - I am much more fan of a traditional look though.

lol at you grumpy old granpas. I bet yall gripe about how hamburgers don’t cost a nickel anymore, too.