Fantasy football keeper league

would anyone be interested in such a league? never been in one before and would obviously need to maintain the same participants each year…

YES.

I would be down also.

Sounds fun, I’m in.

i’m researching keeper league rules/settings. prob wouldn’t get this set up until week 2 action begins.

I am always down for this.

Id be down.

Not sure it would be easy for an on-line league to save the previous year’s roster. But if you have the same members, just make the first round picks the keepers.

A good easy set up is 5 keepers minimum, 10 max. Draft starts with round 6 in reality, if you keep more than 5, you get skipped in that round of the draft.

Have keepers at a max 3 season holding period (not including the year drafted… so you can have someone for 4 seasons in full)

This draft is the easy one, next year if when it gets interesting.

[quote=“s9er, post:9, topic:23852”]A good easy set up is 5 keepers minimum, 10 max. Draft starts with round 6 in reality, if you keep more than 5, you get skipped in that round of the draft.

Have keepers at a max 3 season holding period (not including the year drafted… so you can have someone for 4 seasons in full)

This draft is the easy one, next year if when it gets interesting.[/quote]

I think 10 is too many. If a team sucks, those members are going to just want to drop out.

[quote=“Normmm, post:10, topic:23852”][quote=“s9er, post:9, topic:23852”]A good easy set up is 5 keepers minimum, 10 max. Draft starts with round 6 in reality, if you keep more than 5, you get skipped in that round of the draft.

I think 10 is too many. If a team sucks, those members are going to just want to drop out.[/quote]

I was just throwing numbers out there… You can do 3 keepers min, with 5 max… I was in a leauge forever with 1 keeper, it wasn’t as much fun as having 3 or so, you get rewarded for having good drafts more so with multi keeprs.

YES

would all the people be interested if it was say, $20 per year?

Yes. But also depending on how many keepers you decide to do. I’d vote for no more than 3.

No, last time I was in a fantasy league that was paid for I never got my money for winning. I would need strong assurances that everyone would pay before I even considered it.

[quote=“s9er, post:11, topic:23852”][quote=“Normmm, post:10, topic:23852”][quote=“s9er, post:9, topic:23852”]A good easy set up is 5 keepers minimum, 10 max. Draft starts with round 6 in reality, if you keep more than 5, you get skipped in that round of the draft.

I think 10 is too many. If a team sucks, those members are going to just want to drop out.[/quote]

I was just throwing numbers out there… You can do 3 keepers min, with 5 max… I was in a leauge forever with 1 keeper, it wasn’t as much fun as having 3 or so, you get rewarded for having good drafts more so with multi keeprs.[/quote]

Agreed that is the intrigue of a keeper league. I’ve been on the good and bad ends of this. I was in one league with Tomlinson, Tory Holt and Manning as keepers, when Tomlinson was at his peak. It was almost unfair. I had to hear people bit** that I got to keep LT for 4 years.

The bad was when I was stuck with the likes of Joey Galloway, Curtis Martin, Steve McNair.

We have a Keeper League that manages this issue.

We lkike the Keeper idea but LOVE the draft (which the fun in the draft is all about the 1st 5 rounds).

So…we only allow 3 keepers max and you can only keep a player for 2 consecutive seasons. Meaning if you draft a player or pick up a FA player you can then keep that player for 2 more years. So the max a player can stay on one team is 3 yrs.

Also, for each Keeper, you lose a draft pick 2 rounds ahead of where that player was drafted last year. This is huge! It maintains the 1st 3 rounds of the draft and you only Keep players that you got undervalued but are worth giving up more valuable draft picks in the next year’s draft.

It took us a while to tweak it to this point but we love it.

It adds the Keeper element (with additional strategy) but maintains the fun of the draft.