FAU Home Game 1-23-20 7:00 Tip

Donā€™t know if itā€™s the record but the 1985 title game between Georgetown and Villanova had 31 total rebounds - 17 by Hoyas and 14 by Wildcats.

While some will write that this comeback was lucky etc, the fact is, we were taking good shots, they were taking contested shots.
They SHOT the ball twice (both well defended) in the almost four minute from 7:37 to 3:42. They made 4 field goals in that time, two were off steals, one was conceded to not foul and one was a tip in. They didnā€™t make a jump shot in the last 10 minutes of the game.
We defended everything well, only gave up three offensive rebounds.
We played poorly to start both halves, but we still carried out the game plan, never gave up and got the win.
Very pleased with them last night.

1 Like

I love how mentally tough this team is becoming. We still are talent deficient in a lot of areas, but you can really see the resiliency and growth we are experiencing.

This team is hard to put into words.

We could have easily won another 3-4 gamesā€¦but we easily could have lost another 3-4 games so I guess it evens out.

4 wins away from 15ā€¦which is a stellar improvement and is trending in the right direction. Anything else is gravy at this point.

Still need some piecesā€¦but weā€™re getting there it seems.

I chastise people with ā€œ O all ye of little faithā€ yet I turned the game off when we were down 14 with seven minutes to go. I have regained my faith and will not do that again.

1 Like

With how the game ended up, maybe you should?

Honestlyā€¦I feel the team owes me 3-4 wins. There are plenty of times when Iā€™m watching and we suckā€¦and can never get any traction. Then I leave (if at home game) or I turn off the TV when at home and we ALWAYS seem to come back when I do that.

Iā€™ve left 2 home games early which we won and turned 2 off at home that we won. (Full disclosureā€¦it doesnā€™t work everytimeā€¦but it seems to more than it doesnā€™t).

So nowā€¦I do it PROUDLY because it helps the team!!!

I was complaining pretty heavily about how much we sucked & getting to the point of thinking the sky had fallen & the season was over for most of the game. I got to that same point during the first half of the North Texas game during football season & the games ended pretty similarly. I am praying that means the rest of basketball season goes like the rest of the football season went after that game.

Figured Young would be a shoo in for next FOTW honor, but see that UABā€™s Galen Benjamin had a 29 pt game vs Southern Miss. Latter the only other multiple FOTW honoree so far, though Young leads 4-2.