Feed the post

I heard that only 1 time last night. “Jerrell Lewis gets it to Withers in the post.” It sounded like Northwestern played us very physical and everybody on the team was happy with taking jumpers instead of attacking the rim. Good for NW, because it worked pretty well. IMO, Lewis is the best [B]passing[/B] point guard we have. We need to give this kid more PT and sit Leemire next time he takes an ill-advised 3. I am not blaming Lee totally because he is being allowed to shoot these, I’m just saying it needs to stop and he seems to be the biggest culprit.

I seem to remember several years ago we instituted a “no alley-oop” policy since we always missed them (does anyone else remember this or is it just me?). We need to do the same with the 3. Not within the first 20 seconds of the shot clock and not until someone in the post has at least had a touch.

They packed in the zone so we couldnt feed Curtis.

DA and Curtis had some success playinga 2 man game, but not often enough.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;139522]They packed in the zone so we couldnt feed Curtis.

DA and Curtis had some success playinga 2 man game, but not often enough.[/QUOTE]

The only times I heard of Withers getting the ball was when he was out on the wings or close to the top of the key. We didn’t try to inforce our strengths and just settled for what they gave us. Which was jump shots they knew we couldn’t and didn’t hit.