Filip Petrušev - 2018 F/C - Committed to Gonzaga

Per Adam Zagoria, Vanderbilt was at Montverde today to see Petrusev.

[quote=“s9er, post:20, topic:31002”]I hope we have some solid fall back options… going head to head vs. the blue bloods in the sport is always a tough battle…[/quote]normally id give up on landing someone with these offers, but the fact he isn’t from America and has a relationship with a coach and player the team keeps us in contention I think. Still a long shot though.

The Serbia card is a good card.

Price and Ivo are going to Montverde today to watch Filip.

Anytime the blue bloods get involved…we are toast.

However, Ivo Simivic was hired specifically for his type of recruiting connection.
This is what we’re paying him for…not x’s & o’s.
Time to deliver Ivo.

However, Ivo Simivic was hired specifically for his type of recruiting connection.
Time to deliver Ivo.[/quote]

Amen brother !

I agree on the recruiting part, but he has a solid resume. I sure hope he will be helping with the x’s & o’s.

I agree on the recruiting part, but he has a solid resume. I sure hope he will be helping with the x’s & o’s.[/quote]Agreed. He has a pretty wide range of experience. He didn’t have time on the Spurs Summer League team just b/c he can recruit Euros…

I agree on the recruiting part, but he has a solid resume. I sure hope he will be helping with the x’s & o’s.[/quote]Agreed. He has a pretty wide range of experience. He didn’t have time on the Spurs Summer League team just b/c he can recruit Euros…[/quote]

I didn’t mean it to say he was incapable of x’s and o’s…I just meant that’s not why WE hired him.

WE hired him for his recruiting prowess.

I’m sure we could have hired hundreds of good x’s & o’s guys similar to his experience…but not very many could provide his unique recruiting strength. That’s what we wanted…and need from him.

That’s all I meant.

From Adam Zagoria, who notes that Colorado, Gonzaga, NC State, and UVa all had assistants visiting today.

Zagsblog.com: College coaches flocking to Montverde Academy for 2018 forward Filip Petrusev

[quote=“Run49er, post:31, topic:31002”]From Adam Zagoria, who notes that Colorado, Gonzaga, NC State, and UVa all had assistants visiting today.

Zagsblog.com: College coaches flocking to Montverde Academy for 2018 forward Filip Petrusev[/quote]Yeah, conveniently left out Price and an assistant being there.

[quote=“moss2k, post:32, topic:31002”][quote=“Run49er, post:31, topic:31002”]From Adam Zagoria, who notes that Colorado, Gonzaga, NC State, and UVa all had assistants visiting today.

Zagsblog.com: College coaches flocking to Montverde Academy for 2018 forward Filip Petrusev[/quote]Yeah, conveniently left out Price and an assistant being there.[/quote]
Russ Wood of Rivals tweeted that we were among those seeing Petrusev today. Also included Ole Miss, Oregon, and Samford, in addition to those already mentioned by Zagoria.

clt says we should offer fraud classes to keep him eligible.

Cal Berkeley and Wichita State visited today.

Maryland in too.

Ditto Kansas, which is expected to offer. Arizona also in the mix.

Ditto Kansas, which is expected to offer. Arizona also in the mix.[/quote]doubt we have much of a shot anymore, but it would probably be the biggest recruiting win we have ever had if he comes here.

Ditto Kansas, which is expected to offer. Arizona also in the mix.[/quote]doubt we have much of a shot anymore, but it would probably be the biggest recruiting win we have ever had if he comes here.[/quote]We’re still in it.

http://m.kusports.com/news/2013/jun/06/ku-extends-deal-adidas-through-2019/