Filip Petrušev - 2018 F/C - Committed to Gonzaga

i think if the coaching staff believed they had no chance with him at this point, they would not be recruiting him this hard.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:41, topic:31002”]i think if the coaching staff believed they had no chance with him at this point, they would not be recruiting him this hard.[/quote]I didn’t mean we have no chance, but every new offer makes it less likely.

I know, and I agree. it would be nice to see the kid post something on his twitter about mark price and company checking in to see him. maybe I am reading too much into an 18 year old’s twitter account…that’s recruiting I guess. I hope this kid realizes the opportunity he has if he comes to play for us. Start as a freshman, be the main guy as a sophomore. we will not recruit over him.

I know, and I agree. it would be nice to see the kid post something on his twitter about mark price and company checking in to see him. maybe I am reading too much into an 18 year old’s twitter account…that’s recruiting I guess. I hope this kid realizes the opportunity he has if he comes to play for us. Start as a freshman, be the main guy as a sophomore. we will not recruit over him.[/quote]

We will not or could not recruit over him? Because we always should be trying to get better players than we have now.

Playing at Charlotte is currently not an “opportunity”. If he wants PT, then sure, he may be able to get a lot of that. But does he care about winning and the college post season success??

Knowing the assistant is our only in with this guy. We can’t sell him anything else that the other schools couldn’t sell 100x better.

I know, and I agree. it would be nice to see the kid post something on his twitter about mark price and company checking in to see him. maybe I am reading too much into an 18 year old’s twitter account…that’s recruiting I guess. I hope this kid realizes the opportunity he has if he comes to play for us. Start as a freshman, be the main guy as a sophomore. we will not recruit over him.[/quote]

We will not or could not recruit over him? Because we always should be trying to get better players than we have now.

Playing at Charlotte is currently not an “opportunity”. If he wants PT, then sure, he may be able to get a lot of that. But does he care about winning and the college post season success??

Knowing the assistant is our only in with this guy. We can’t sell him anything else that the other schools couldn’t sell 100x better.[/quote]

hopefully the staff can convince him that with him, jd, white, etc., that we can win a lot.

THat’s why we hired him…to get us in the mix and grab a few of these.

[quote=“cibik02, post:44, topic:31002”]We will not or could not recruit over him? Because we always should be trying to get better players than we have now.

Knowing the assistant is our only in with this guy. We can’t sell him anything else that the other schools couldn’t sell 100x better.[/quote] We would recruit over him if we could, but it’s just a ton less likely than at some of these other schools. If he comes to Charlotte, he could have a slow start and still have a good chance at getting a lot of PT over the next few years. If he has a slow start at Kansas or Gonzaga, then he’s not likely to ever play at all. The problem of course is that hardly any really good recruit thinks this way, they pretty much all think they’ll never have problems, never need to adjust to the college game, never get injured, etc. So they go with trying to win and get more exposure.

clt says he dropped us after the field goal play.

FWIW, Kansas just landed a top 50 Center in David McCormack. My guess is they aren’t in contention any longer.

Biggest recruit since MB?

[quote=“Threemire09, post:50, topic:31002”]Biggest recruit since MB?[/quote]By far.

Yeah.

Yeah.[/quote]

clt says ahem…https://www.linkedin.com/in/benas-griciunas-53a373113

Yeah.[/quote]

clt says ahem…https://www.linkedin.com/in/benas-griciunas-53a373113[/quote]

NWA says Pino Pipes.

Corey Evans of Rivals reporting Creighton latest to offer.

In addition to the offer from Creighton, UCLA & Florida were in to scout today.

Are any of his offers from schools involved in the new, developing scandal? Might help him trim down some of his options.

[quote=“Niner17, post:57, topic:31002”]Are any of his offers from schools involved in the new, developing scandal? Might help him trim down some of his options.[/quote]Arizona.

Nice piece !
Guess come November, we’ll see if he opts for bright & shiney, or he’s smart enough to put himself in the
perfect situation here in Charlotte !
Fingers crossed !