Finaly some Good News for Niner Basketball Fans

For those of you who enjoy baseball, our season starts this weekend at The Hayes. Friday’s game starts at 4. It’s Valentine Day, so bring your wife/girlfriend/etc.

the name of this thread is a little misleading. it should be, good news for niner baseball fans. i like niner baseball but it does not really make me feel better as a basketball fan.

I am an avid basketball fan too, and the start of our baseball season is the best news I have for now.

Baseball’s arrival is a sign the basketball season is ending which at this point is great news.

It’s supposed to get your mind off the dumpster fire that occupies Halton. Hopefully, the baseball team doesn’t ignite one at Hayes.

I’m excited about the start of the season. I’m also a little nervous, especially about the pitching. I was pleased to see us picked 8th, I’d take that right now.

I hope the residual effects of the weather doesn’t end up impacting the weekend.

The first few games are great for sitting in the stands and discussing our post season basketball. Oh, wait…Yea, this thread is mislabeled. :frowning:

I’m excited about the start of the season. I’m also a little nervous, especially about the pitching. I was pleased to see us picked 8th, I’d take that right now.

I hope the residual effects of the weather doesn’t end up impacting the weekend.[/quote] No worries, You and I will come out with snow shovels on Thursday. Niner 89 has to work that day and Over has a sore elbow for some reason, so they can’t help out.

I hope the residual effects of the weather doesn’t end up impacting the weekend.[/quote] No worries, You and I will come out with snow shovels on Thursday. Niner 89 has to work that day and Over has a sore elbow for some reason, so they can’t help out.[/quote]
You and I will tackle the stadium. Those guys can work on the field.

I hope the residual effects of the weather doesn’t end up impacting the weekend.[/quote] No worries, You and I will come out with snow shovels on Thursday. Niner 89 has to work that day and Over has a sore elbow for some reason, so they can’t help out.[/quote]
You and I will tackle the stadium. Those guys can work on the field.[/quote]

I’ll be tailgating in the parking lot. Stop by when you guys finish up.

You and I will tackle the stadium. Those guys can work on the field.[/quote] Done. I was joking, but now that I think about it, that might be a way to work off some residual anger in a positive way.
Of course, Over and I will have heart attacks,. but hey; some sacrifices have to be made.

[font=Tahoma][size=13px]I could see this season being quite a reality check for our baseball program. Who knows though, maybe we’ll continue to have success like men’s soccer did even though C-USA is a much better soccer conference than A10.[/size][/font]

Interested to see how we stack up, but we have been here before. Recruiting has picked up the last few seasons since the announcement of C-USA.

We have a tough OOC schedule and 30 conference games as opposed to 24 in the A-10. Hopefully we are in the fight this year.

[quote=“SteauA, post:12, topic:28594”][font=tahoma][size=13px]I could see this season being quite a reality check for our baseball program. Who knows though, maybe we’ll continue to have success like men’s soccer did even though C-USA is a much better soccer conference than A10.[/size][/font][/quote] Not a valid comparison. The gap between C-USA baseball and A-10 baseball is far wider than soccer. As for the season being a reality check, I doubt anyone has any illusions to shatter about how we do in
conference play. We have a good coach and we are in a good conference, so take this season as a building block toward something with the potential to be special. Unless, of course, Hibbs gets tossed too many times and
CHP has him canned.

Oh yeah, baseball. May try to go to a game this season. Are good seats hard to find? Don’t like sitting in those cheap GA seats.

Oh yeah, baseball. May try to go to a game this season. Are good seats hard to find? Don’t like sitting in those cheap GA seats.[/quote]

Come on by. It’s clearly the place to be for all of us who hate our basketball program.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:14, topic:28594”][quote=“SteauA, post:12, topic:28594”][font=tahoma][size=13px]I could see this season being quite a reality check for our baseball program. Who knows though, maybe we’ll continue to have success like men’s soccer did even though C-USA is a much better soccer conference than A10.[/size][/font][/quote] Not a valid comparison. The gap between C-USA baseball and A-10 baseball is far wider than soccer. As for the season being a reality check, I doubt anyone has any illusions to shatter about how we do in
conference play. We have a good coach and we are in a good conference, so take this season as a building block toward something with the potential to be special. Unless, of course, Hibbs gets tossed too many times and
CHP has him canned.[/quote]
Not so sure about that. C-USA is actually a top 5 soccer conference (remember, Kentucky, S. Carolina, etc. are in there). The A-10 is just about as weak in soccer as it is in baseball as well. C-USA baseball is strong, but not typically any stronger than C-USA Soccer.

Oh yeah, baseball. May try to go to a game this season. Are good seats hard to find? Don’t like sitting in those cheap GA seats.[/quote]

Come on by. It’s clearly the place to be for all of us who hate our basketball program.[/quote]

Thanks. That’s darn nice of you to offer. Hope this week’s most dangerous storm in the history of all storms doesn’t prevent the ticket office was being open to sell me a ticket.

[quote=“919R, post:17, topic:28594”][quote=“4ever niner, post:14, topic:28594”][quote=“SteauA, post:12, topic:28594”][font=tahoma][size=13px]I could see this season being quite a reality check for our baseball program. Who knows though, maybe we’ll continue to have success like men’s soccer did even though C-USA is a much better soccer conference than A10.[/size][/font][/quote] Not a valid comparison. The gap between C-USA baseball and A-10 baseball is far wider than soccer. As for the season being a reality check, I doubt anyone has any illusions to shatter about how we do in
CHP has him canned.[/quote]
Not so sure about that. C-USA is actually a top 5 soccer conference (remember, Kentucky, S. Carolina, etc. are in there). The A-10 is just about as weak in soccer as it is in baseball as well. C-USA baseball is strong, but not typically any stronger than C-USA Soccer.[/quote] Matter of opinion. Have you had the misfortune to witness A10 baseball? Anyway, thank God we don’t need to see any more of that.

I cannot believe someone moved this thread to the wrong forum.