FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t want Judy involved in hiring the next coach. She and CHP only want puppets. They don’t like personality. Judy’s hiring record speaks for itself.

I know a guy that has a son who is a senior at a private school. HUGE kid. 6’5" upper 200’s…OL. He’s been to camps all over and been recruited by a lot of NC schools. He has taken visits to Wake Forest, Army, ECU and Charlotte…among many others.

He said Charlotte & ECU were both off of his lists early because the coaching staff at both schools seemed to not have very good control over the kids…on the field or off.

Made it sound like there was little to no discipline. Too nice, maybe…too much of a player’s coach.

Either way…very interesting coming from someone with a unique perspective.

Funny…he said the same thing about Charlotte and ECU only.

Look how both schools have started the season.

Hmmmmm.

I want Lambert gone, he did a good job getting the program off the ground, but since then he hasn’t done much especially at the end of last year and this year.
It is time to hire someone who can build a program to respectability. Sadly with our current state of affairs at Charlotte not sure any credible candidates would want to be here.
However, as much as I want Brad gone I do NOT want Judy hiring another football coach she has not made a good hire in ten plus years.
I agree with an above post if a grassroots effort got us football I think it can get us a new AD too…

Lambert comes across as bland and boring to me. When he speaks he doesn’t inspire or fire me up. His x/o’s and team discipline doesn’t over come his personality.

But he “Does it the right way!!!”

I’ve defended Lambert for a long time. If Lambert hasn’t fired Mullen by Monday that ends. Love what he’s done for the program but I think his time is coming to an end…

No one is getting fired.

Agreed - And that is a tragedy

Since firing Lambert three games into the season isn’t realistic let’s talk about what is. He should be on the hotseat with 9 more games to save his job. For me, 4 wins buys him another year, 5 wins gets him out of the doghouse. Six wins…well let’s not be silly.

My gripe is that I think my expectation for him is higher than his boss’s. I think 3 wins will save him, but it seems to me that two wins would be really hard for anyone to defend.

[quote=“Nugget, post:29, topic:31078”]Since firing Lambert three games into the season isn’t realistic let’s talk about what is. He should be on the hotseat with 9 more games to save his job. For me, 4 wins buys him another year, 5 wins gets him out of the doghouse. Six wins…well let’s not be silly.

My gripe is that I think my expectation for him is higher than his boss’s. I think 3 wins will save him, but it seems to me that two wins would be really hard for anyone to defend.[/quote]
Looking at our schedule if we do not beat GA State I am wondering where any wins will come from as we will be the underdog in every single game and have shown no signs of being able to compete with C-USA teams.

I would bet zero wins and he isn’t fired.

0 wins, and a lecture from Judy on the need for more patience and $.

Firing coach mid-season doesn’t make this as appealing of a job for future hires. I don’t think we will win more than 3 games from here on out, but regardless, Lambert should be gone after this season.

Agree with everyone else saying it’s ridiculous for Judy to keep her position for much longer as well.

And don’t forget that in her mind things are going great because the volleyball team is on a winning streak.

Having a coach unwilling to make staff changes when there are clearly issues in that department is disturbing. You do what you can to save your job. Brad isn’t doing that cause Jeff is his friend. Everyone who has left this program did so of their own accord. We haven’t fired a single person. That’s not how football coaching staffs work. Not making painfully apparent staff changes when needed shows a clear lack of leadership. Sad to say but it is evident Lambert is an upjumped Defensive Cvoordinator on his best day and in way over his head

UTEP just fired their OC. The same thing should be happening here today.

Niner Trivia! Name that Loss!

“It’s going to be a tough challenge for us, but I like where our guys are.”

“We had 11 penalties for 112 yards – big penalties at really bad times,”

"It’s not going to be real pleasant watching it because of the penalties because we had opportunities – we had plenty of opportunities but shot ourselves in the foot.”

"It was good, except for the game,”

"We’ve got to be able to run the ball better. You put yourself behind the chains”

“We dug too deep of a hole."

“they had a guy make a play down the stretch and knock us out.”

"We didn’t make many plays there in the first half. We couldn’t get anything going offensively. We got after them pretty good about discipline, what we’re doing and each man handling himself.”

"We had way too many mistakes in the first half.”

“In the second half, we did a few things we can’t do and gave up some plays. The biggest thing is that we need to clean up mistakes.”

"There were too many deep balls in our secondary.”

"We have a lot of things we need to correct,”

“We gave up too many big plays,”

“We need to continue running the ball.”

"Nothing went very well. Obviously, I didn’t have them ready to play. That’s my responsibility.”

"We were 5-of-17 on third down. We have to do better on third down, no question.”

"We have to go back and look at every single thing we’re doing and how we’re practicing,”

"(They allowed) 21 rushes for 39 yards and we had 232 rushing yards. Usually, you’ll win that game.”

"The guys played extremely hard and had the opportunity to win. We need to finish that one off. This game was disappointing. We had that one where we wanted it but we had some costly penalties at the end of the game that jabbed us pretty good.”

“Our intensity level was pretty good, but we just didn’t make any plays in the second half."

"We had some critical plays in there that we didn’t make that we have to make,”

“We were playing extremely hard, but it went down to the wire and we didn’t make any plays down the stretch to win the game.”

“It’s frustrating, because we really want to win at home for our fans. I’m really proud of how we came back in the second half but it’s frustrating to be that close and not to finish.”

"You want to come out and play like you can play. We didn’t do that in the first half.”

“We just kept hanging around and then all of a sudden we got the score off of the muffed punt and you look up at the scoreboard and think, ‘this is something we can work with here’,”

"We played good games against good teams and we won three in the conference so we just have to continue on this trajectory,”

“We ran into a buzzsaw tonight. We’re just turning the ball over too much. That’s why the score is what it is.”

“We’re just making too many silly mistakes and if you don’t take care of the ball you’re going to run into trouble.”

“We’ve got a lot of things moving in the right direction. We need to finish that game tonight and win it.”

“There were some good things out there. But you can’t survive with seven turnovers and a muffed punt. You have to value the ball.”

“I was really proud of the effort and how hard our guys played, but against good teams your margin for error is not very big.”

“We missed a field goal, we got a punt blocked and we didn’t make any first downs coming out of the locker room in the third quarter,”

“We’ve got to continue on that track and get a little bit better next week, especially fundamentally, and take care of the little things.”

"We have to finish.”

"We have to make plays at the end,”

“We need to find ways to finish.”

"We’ve been looking for more balance all year,”

"They forced some field goals in tough situations but once again, we had a chance to win the game on defense.”

"We’re a good team. We’re playing with everyone we’re playing against,”

“We have to clean up the little things and finish. We came out and played well. We just need to finish.”

“The difference in this game really came down to third down.? We didn’t make many conversions and they made too many.”

“I thought our guys were playing hard, prepared hard and I thought we just got beat in the first half. We just couldn’t make any plays to counter them.”

“I was really proud of our guys not quitting.”

“I expected a little bit better out of our offensive line. We had a hard time blocking, especially in the first half. We did a little better in the second half.”

"It just shot a hole in us. We felt like we were doing okay; We thought ‘hey it’s a tight game, a one or two score game, we’re in this’, and then all the sudden bang-bang,”

"We gave up the ‘pick-six’ in the second half, but up until that, we we’re rocking along pretty solid. But we can’t survive with a blocked punt and a kickoff return that we don’t field. Those are plays that we can’t afford to make.”

“We made enough plays to win the game,” (but lost)

“You’re off the field two or three times and you have penalties to stay out there defensively. That’s just a discipline issue and I’ve got to get that corrected. I can’t allow that to happen. So to me, that’s what the game came down to.”

“I’m just real disappointed defensively in the second half. We weren’t gap sound. We didn’t take care of our responsibilities.”

“Our gap control in the second half – we gave up way too many rushing yards.”

“We got beat by a better team today. Their defensive line – we were having hard time blocking them.”

“One pick was a tipped ball – I thought he was doing some good things out there,”

“We just couldn’t block very well.”

“In the second half, we couldn’t make a first down. Then we had penalties on third down (defensively). We just didn’t play very good in the third quarter.”

“I think our guys went toe-to-toe with them for a while. We should have been up at the half. We had five or six games this year we had a chance to play with these guys.”

“They have a physical team and a fifth-year senior at quarterback. We knew it would be a dogfight. We kept fighting and had a lot of penalties. It was a game that went down to the very end and we just couldn’t get over the hump.”

“It was a very physical game. But our guys kept fighting and gave us a chance to win at the end, that’s all you can ask.”

"It’s hard and it hurts and you don’t ever want to have that feeling,”

"We (allowed) too many big plays today. It was too sloppy for us. We fought back and I’m proud of them for that. We need to finish.”

“That’s the frustrating part. We had a chance to win all three games. You can come up with all the excuses you want, but whatever it is, you’ve got to take care of the little things and win the game.”

“We kept shooting ourselves in the foot with holding calls and jumping offsides. You can’t give up that many plays in the kicking game and expect to win.”

“You can’t give up 21 in the first quarter against a good team. You’re always fighting up hill. Our guys – you got to admire them. They’re fighting all the way back, coming down to the last play in the game. I just tell them thanks for the grind. They just keep grinding.”

“The biggest thing for us is this being another tough pill to swallow,”

“You look at the first and fourth quarters and we just made too many mistakes.”

“We got beat by a pretty good football team, today,”
“The biggest thing is third down. We put ourselves in position to get off the field and we just cannot do it. I thought we would be ready to play, but I do not think we made plays when we needed to. We did not make some plays when we had a chance to early on third down.”

"We just made too many mistakes. We had too many turnovers and the kicking game wasn’t as good as it needed to be. Those plays are hard to overcome.”

“With the level of competition, you’ve got to give him credit for good plays. He made some bad decisions, no question, but he’s a young guy playing in his third game. I just think the game sped up for him a little bit.”

"We had a chance early down there 4th and one on the one. We went for it. If we punch it in there maybe it’s a little different game. Their ability to run the ball really hurt us tonight.”

“I was really proud of the guys, how hard they played. They gave us what they had. I challenged them with that and they responded well. There’s a lot of young guys coming up here to a great facility and a one of the great programs in FCS football and we went toe-to-toe with them for a while. That’s what I told them after the game. We’re getting there.”

“They are an old football team that handled themselves really well. They were really prepared, played extremely hard and outplayed us today.”

“This is a process, and it didn’t go the way we wanted today. We made the mistakes and we turned over the ball a lot. We’ve got a young football team and we’ve got to stick together and learn from mistakes.”

“We’re right there at the end of the game. We give up the safety and hey we got the ball back – that’s where we have to get that mentality we had against Gardner-Webb and lets go find a way to finish this thing.”

“We’re right there at the end of the game. We give up the safety and hey we got the ball back – that’s where we have to get that mentality we had against Gardner-Webb and lets go find a way to finish this thing.”

“We just can’t turn it over in the red zone, and I didn’t like the way our kicking team played pretty much the whole day. We need to get back and work on that.”

“We had them (WESLEY!) on their heels. Coming out in the second half, we came out really strong. (After the fake field goal) the momentum went with us. We just didn’t make enough plays today. Defensively, on third down, we just didn’t play very well. We just have to get off the field on third down. We’re not doing that good enough right now.”