Fire Lutz

I haven’t posted in a while, but I need to vent a bit. I don’t care what anyone says on this board or anywhere else, Bobby Lutz simply has to go. Here’s what he’s done for this program as of November 20th:

1-Lost 1 of 2 PGs he had days before the season. This is the same guy who was going to ignite our offense, blah blah blah…
2-Lost the Davidson game from our schedule. The same Davidson team that features a pre-season AA, not to mention the history of the rivalry, blah blah blah…
3-Lost his cool and was publicly reprimanded for going into another team’s huddle. This is by far the most egregious foul he’s committed. Utterly embarrassed our program at least locally. Had this happened at a bigger school (sorry guys), it would have been national news, surely featured on Sportscenter.
4-Lost to ODU at home.
5-Lost to App State.

I don’t want to hear the argument that he’s the best we can get for our budget. I would argue that he’s way overpaid and that the program peaked under his leadership 4-5 years ago. It’s simply time for a change.

I’m not naive to think we’ll get someone who is immediately better. Go get a coach who’ll use us a stepping stone. Who cares at this point. I’d rather have the program in Drive, rather than Reverse.

Took longer than I thought. I envisioned seeing this thread 5-10 minutes after the game.

Hahahahahaha. I knew I would find one of these threads this morning. A dime a dozen after a loss. You number 1-3 are stupid. #1, Lutz didn’t even know. Mike never expressed any displeasure prior to leaving. #2, he tried but Davidson is full of themselves right now. He even moved a game to our one bye weekend during conference play to accomodate the pussiecats. Most say that he did too much. #3, its Bobby Lutz. He loses his cool occasionally. Given Fifers style of play, they are notorious for dirty cuts.

So we are left with 4 and 5. Well, yeah. ODU will be pretty good this year but both should hev been wins. How about we give him a few more games in the season to see if he can right the ship. If app can get that homecooking all season they will be dangerous.

A few more games? HAHA. He’s had his few games. The program peaked on February 26, 2005 and has been steadily rolling downhill ever since. We’ve gone as far as we’ll ever go. Some guys are great D3 coaches who become mediocre D1 coaches. That’s Lutz. Face the facts. This program can do much much better. But at this point, different is all we need, not even better.

The fanbase got overexcited after beating a decent Clemson team last season. A team that went 22-8 and also lost to Ole Miss. It was like the Super Bowl of Charlotte sports. Give Lutz a key to the city. Guess what. That win was an abomination, not a sign of things to come. This is the real Lutz. Always losing the games you should win. That falls squarely on the coach’s shoulders. Particularly when it happens on back to back games.

It was time last year for a change (before the new contract), but now it’s certainly time.

[QUOTE=bobblinlutz;362595]I haven’t posted in a while, but I need to vent a bit. I don’t care what anyone says on this board or anywhere else, Bobby Lutz simply has to go. Here’s what he’s done for this program as of November 20th:

1-Lost 1 of 2 PGs he had days before the season. This is the same guy who was going to ignite our offense, blah blah blah…
2-Lost the Davidson game from our schedule. The same Davidson team that features a pre-season AA, not to mention the history of the rivalry, blah blah blah…
3-Lost his cool and was publicly reprimanded for going into another team’s huddle. This is by far the most egregious foul he’s committed. Utterly embarrassed our program at least locally. Had this happened at a bigger school (sorry guys), it would have been national news, surely featured on Sportscenter.
4-Lost to ODU at home.
5-Lost to App State.

I don’t want to hear the argument that he’s the best we can get for our budget. I would argue that he’s way overpaid and that the program peaked under his leadership 4-5 years ago. It’s simply time for a change.

I’m not naive to think we’ll get someone who is immediately better. Go get a coach who’ll use us a stepping stone. Who cares at this point. I’d rather have the program in Drive, rather than Reverse.[/QUOTE]

You should go back to not posting.

[QUOTE=bobblinlutz;362595]I haven’t posted in a while, but I need to vent a bit. I don’t care what anyone says on this board or anywhere else, Bobby Lutz simply has to go. Here’s what he’s done for this program as of November 20th:

[/QUOTE]

Are you an moron? Just wondering… :weep:

Please don’t post for a while longer.

[QUOTE=upperdeck;362618]Are you an moron? Just wondering… :weep:

Please don’t post for a while longer.[/QUOTE]

FORTY - NINER green-tinted glasses

Wow… Wow…Wow… the ignornace of some people. Think a little harder next time before posting.

[QUOTE=bobblinlutz;362626]FORTY - NINER green-tinted glasses[/QUOTE]

Okay then, please explain how it’s Lutz’s fault that;
1- he started the better pg in Canada (the one that actually practiced with the team over the summer) and the BACKUP got pissy and took his ball and went home.
2- Davidson scheduled over US 2 x’s.

Half your arguments are faulty!

Well…well…well…I won’t be as harsh as Bobblin on you guys. Everyone wants this team to win no doubt! Reality right now though is that it’s going to be tough. I was at the ODU game and this team just doesn’t impress me. There is going to be a problem with identifying that one person as a leader. I don’t think anyone wants that responsiblity on this team. Last year I was on that bandwagon of cussin Lutz for his 3point OFFENSIVE attack that he had been acustomed to over the years. During that ODU game I realized how much we are going to miss someone like Jobey Thomas, Demon Brown, Brendan Plavich, and Leemire Goldwire. I give Lutz credit for attacking the rim more, however the reality is we don’t even have a three point threat any way so he has to attack! This is an athletic team, but it’s not going to be enough. Based on what I have seen…we are a long shot to make the NIT. Enjoy the college basketball season!

OUT

Too early for this topic. Bobby has a pretty safe job, does anyone really think he gets fired the year after he signed an extension? Come on!! At the very least he’ll be here the next 2 years, no matter what the record. Hopefully Saturday starts the turn around but this has become all too familar the past 4 years. Losing to teams we should beat early in the year and then wondering why we’re 2-3 wins short in March. We’ll have some chances the next week to ge some quality wins against very good opponents, hopefully we take advantage.

[QUOTE=forDniner;362633]Okay then, please explain how it’s Lutz’s fault that;
1- he started the better pg in Canada (the one that actually practiced with the team over the summer) and the BACKUP got pissy and took his ball and went home.
2- Davidson scheduled over US 2 x’s.

Half your arguments are faulty![/QUOTE]

1-who recruits? Coaches, I believe. If the guy wasn’t a character guy, he should have never gotten him. And he certainly shouldn’t have hyped him so much. And the program DID hype him. He was touted as some sort of savior. Go back and check some transcripts and stories if you don’t believe me. Bottom line, it’s on Lutz shoulders one way or the other. You have to have more than 1 PG.

2-We should do whatever it takes to schedule Davidson, bottom line. Treat that program like what it is right now, an Elite 8 program. We would do whatever it takes to schedule most if not all Elite 8 teams. Show them the same respect. But that would require a little humility, wouldn’t it?

[QUOTE=bobblinlutz;362684]1-who recruits? Coaches, I believe. If the guy wasn’t a character guy, he should have never gotten him. And he certainly shouldn’t have hyped him so much. And the program DID hype him. He was touted as some sort of savior. Go back and check some transcripts and stories if you don’t believe me. Bottom line, it’s on Lutz shoulders one way or the other. You have to have more than 1 PG.

2-We should do whatever it takes to schedule Davidson, bottom line. Treat that program like what it is right now, an Elite 8 program. We would do whatever it takes to schedule most if not all Elite 8 teams. Show them the same respect. But that would require a little humility, wouldn’t it?[/QUOTE]

you’re a retard. the end.

we gave up our only conference bye week to reschedule winthrop (giving us virtually no games in december) so we could play davidson on a date ‘more acceptable’ to their needs. and the ****ed us. twice.

29-10. and jesus curry is going to the league either this year or next. their program fades back into obscurity forever.

Hey, Bobblin, take heart, we’re not all against you.

Same stuff, different year. I fear this is us as long as Lutz is here. I’m embarrassed. Bobblin, I’ll buy you a beer.

Bobblin, I not a Lutz lover, like some on here, but I don’t hate him either. I definitely disagree with his coaching on shot selection freedom, defense, and basketball fundamentals. But the first 3 points you made are kind of weak.

1. The way Gerrity decided to leave at the last minute was very unpredictable. No one expected that, and it was to late to try to find a suitable replacement because of Gerrity’s choice of timing.

2. They already did everything they could to try to get Davidson on the schedule, but you need to have a beef with Davidson on that one. I understand you make concessions to “Elite 8” teams to try to schedule them, but you don’t just bend over and take it from them (especially if it’s a team that’s just hot right now because of one special player).

3. Lutz might have lost his cool on this one, and did the wrong thing, but it shows how much he cares about his players. The reprimand was just a formality because his actions were public, so something had to be done publically. But I would be willing to bet that the players appreciated seeing that their coach would go to the mat for them.

Lutz has had some really bad luck since 2005:

1. Iti transferring- I know you might say this wasn’t such a big deal but it seemed to have started a trend.
  2. Beasley + the assistant who shall remain nameless- Lutz and co. put a lot of effort into this and got their hopes slashed- by his so called friend who was coaching at Kansas state.
    3)Mox leaving for Maryland- took his recruiting with him, now he is back thank goodness.
    4)Booker + Carlos leaving (and turning out to be duds on the court)
  3. Drayton getting injured
  4. Sean Phaler sucking
  5. D’angelo- probably played with the worst 9ers team senior yr
  6. Having to recruit multiple JUCOs and or depend on 2 year players every year

and recently:

Our PG leaving before the season, the injury to Bowden.

I’m not saying we should not be critical, just don’t talk about getting him fired after 3 games. The state of the program has been **** since 2005, with the exception of last year. If we would have finished 10th last year like we were supposed to there wouldn’t have been as many hopes given up with these 2 losses.

Lutz has had some really bad luck since 2005:
  1. Iti transferring- I know you might say this wasn’t such a big deal but it seemed to have started a trend.
  2. Beasley + the assistant who shall remain nameless- Lutz and co. put a lot of effort into this and got their hopes slashed- by his so called friend who was coaching at Kansas state.
    3)Mox leaving for Maryland- took his recruiting with him, now he is back thank goodness.
    4)Booker + Carlos leaving (and turning out to be duds on the court)
  3. Drayton getting injured
  4. Sean Phaler sucking
  5. D’angelo- probably played with the worst 9ers team senior yr
  6. Having to recruit multiple JUCOs and or depend on 2 year players every year

and recently:

Our PG leaving before the season, the injury to Bowden.

you call all that bad luck?? how about poor decisions

you call all that bad luck?? how about poor decisions

It was bad that all that occurred… BUT you are right there must have been something Lutz did or didn’t do- but really could have been anything.

I used to want Lutz gone, but I thought he had everything straighten out last year- I think we are playing a style of game that Lutz is not used to and he is learning. I truly hope that he can get this season back on track or else we might be seeing some more transfers next offseason.

[QUOTE=metro;362726]you call all that bad luck?? how about poor decisions[/QUOTE]

My God…I agree with Metro.Every year we will lose to a few teams that we know we should beat.Maybe we are unprepared. Maybe our coach gets a little intimidated in tough settings and makes a poor decision…Last year the standard excuse was “we are very young” (which,by the way,I never bought).This year it’ll be something else.Same song,different verse.This is what we will be forever with Bobby.A slightly better than mediocre team who wins a few that we shouldn’t and loses a few that we shouldn’t.He’s here…this is what we are…not worth griping because the next few years will be the same,he’s not going anywhere…as our participation in the NCAA’S becomes a more distant memory.