Fire Ron Sanchez

Been watching this team since 1969 when we played at Harrisburg elementary school gym. Ben Bassinger was my favorite player. Have gone to most home games since then. Went to NY 2 weeks in a row to watch us in NIT. Went to Rupp Arena for the Mideast Regionals. Went to Atlanta and watched us get robbed in Final 4. Suffered thru Hal Wissell era. Jeff Mullins and Bobby Lutz ups. Alan Major and Mark Price downs. Why our AD can sit around and watch our best players leave year after year is beyond comprehension. We play a style that will not work. We dont play the best players on our team. Sanchez will not adapt to our strengths. Yet heā€™s still hereā€¦ Really Mike Hill??? Sorry but Iā€™m done as long as heā€™s here. Go Biff ! Lets play footballā€¦

7 Likes

You are my hero. Bravo. I give you all my respect and kindest regards. Thank you. Those words are truth.

Thanks Meanā€¦ Your opinion means a lot to me .I meant every wordā€¦

1 Like

Great post gds! Thank you for your loyalty.

1 Like

Yes. Mike Hill had better pay attention to that man.

1 Like

He has seen Rons style up close and personal and it doesnā€™t seem to be his style :wink:

Coach hired away after building successful programā€¦ I canā€™t figure out what any of these words mean.

4 Likes

Ideally we see that happening in nearly all sports on a regular basis.

Even better would be to somehow find a coach that wins, but doesnā€™t want to leave, that can build longterm success like Davidson had for awhile.

I had hoped that Melvin would have been the one, but even he followed the money. So did Bill Foster. Bobby was good until he wasnā€™t.

Anyone whoā€™s been around here awhile, has seen what our afters looks like.

1 Like

We had a coach who wanted to stay and was successful but we got greedy and wanted more success.

2 Likes

Donā€™t fool yourself. That coach tried to leave for Tennessee and seriously thought he was going to get the job, but they did not pick him. He was never the same here. He seemed to lose interest in recruiting and his coaching slipped as well.

3 Likes

Definitely lost interest in recruiting.

2 Likes

This is true, and I would take Lutz back in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

I donā€™t expect a coach that stays, if it happens ok but I want a coach driven to step up higher than we are. I want them winning so much we canā€™t afford to keep them.

Our problem is we keep hiring coaches no one wants - including us.

1 Like

I want a coach that wants to take US to the highest level.

1 Like

Yeah I get that but be realistic about it. About where we are and the amount of money thrown at a successful coach. We had two of our own, one left and one would have left if UT offered. The ones you are thinking are very few and far between. We arenā€™t a blue blood. We arenā€™t a destination school, never will be. There is only a handful of them. Thatā€™s just the real world.

Iā€™m being real. Come in, win, get hired away and we do it again. Iā€™ll shake their hand, thank them for helping us win and continue a winning culture. Itā€™s a model that works at lots of schools - many bigger brands with more money than we have. No shame in that. Give me the driven coach with eyes higher than us not the coach that is looking for a place to stay for 30 years. In any sport and admin. We shouldnā€™t have coaches and admin that are mediocre that we keep around for 15 years. Win and get hired or get fired for not maintaining excellence. If we luck into a unicorn so be it, but that is absolutely not my expectation.

Your opinion, dont act like its a fact. I expect more than just me disagree. I suspect Biff Poggi would disagree as well.

1 Like

Biff is sitting on a pile of money that makes it easy to turn down big money. Melvin set his family up for years taking the money at A&M.

I just live in the real world.

3 Likes

Wasnt talking about him staying forever or the money aspect. I was talking about the expectation that we could never be a ā€œdestinationā€ job or one where a successful coach would ever stay long term.

There are only a handful of destination jobs. Kentucky Duke Kansas Chapel Hill Michigan are a few. We arenā€™t ever gonna catch their place in college basketball. Their history and money facilities and resources arenā€™t going to be something we can ever match. Thatā€™s ok. We donā€™t have to to be successful.

Hell Florida won back to back titles and are in a major league and they arenā€™t destination level.

I like what you want tho, that coach is a unicorn. Hope we find him. I really do.