FIRST 2013 COMMITMENT - RB Jachin Watkins - New Bern HS

Not much take off speed, but it takes 3 players to tackle him every time he touches it. I’m pretty sure we got some speedsters in the first class. Could be like lightning and thunder.

Jachin Watkins 2011 Highlights

Agreed. His 4.71 40 is not great. Looks like he could be a strong goal line back.

My next question is if a player transfers in from another school after red-shirting at another college how many years eligibility will they have to play once they arrive at Charlotte?If what I hear from ninernirvana is true would these players actually get to play four complete seasons thus spreading their college careers over 6 years not five??NO guesses.

Other schools recruited him. Bryant just offered him. Lot of schools hang on offering guys until fall. We have to use the “we loved you first” card where we can.[/quote]You don’t spend a ton of time on here I know, but ninerfan55 cares greatly about stars on recruits.[/quote]

Just had a back-and-forth about this with a guy on Twitter.

Other schools recruited him. Bryant just offered him. Lot of schools hang on offering guys until fall. We have to use the “we loved you first” card where we can.[/quote]You don’t spend a ton of time on here I know, but ninerfan55 cares greatly about stars on recruits.[/quote]

Just had a back-and-forth about this with a guy on Twitter.[/quote]No, you had a back and forth with Metro. Ninersfan55 is a different person if I’m not mistaken.

Just had a back-and-forth about this with a guy on Twitter.[/quote]No, you had a back and forth with Metro. Ninersfan55 is a different person if I’m not mistaken.[/quote]

LOL… and he probably just blocked you.

Also, several sites has Watkins 40 time in the 4.5x range.

Another interview, from the New Bern Sun Journal: http://www.newbernsj.com/sports/watkins-107545-opposition-considers.html

From the interview:

He received an offer Bryant University, and was drawing interest from Elon, Wake Forest, Duke, Appalachian State and N.C. State.

But Watkins was intrigued by the chance to leave his mark on a newly-formed UNC-Charlotte squad.

I like the sound of that. One can only speculate as to how serious the looks from Wake, State and others were, but this definately looks like one of those times when a less established program’s “We loved you first” tactic appeared to work. Now here’s to hoping that he has an incredible senior year, the States of the world keep calling (makes he and the Niners look good), and he honors his verbal until he signs his LOI with us!

Welcome to Niner Nation Mr. Watkins!

“I should be able to do well, and help the team do really well and try to win a conference championship,” he said. “I want to win two conference championships, well matter of fact, I want to win all four years.”
Winning four conference championships may be kind of difficult, but I like his attitude.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1213282.html

[font=Arial]New Bern running back [/font][font=Arial]Jachin Watkins[/font][font=Arial] ran hard. The UNC-[/font][font=Arial]Charlotte[/font][font=Arial] commit had 10 carries for 70 yards and a touchdown. Watkins is a physical runner who is tough to bring down. The 6-foot, 220-pound Watkins has a very strong lower body and gets a lot of yards after contact. He is definitely a nice pickup for the 49ers and will likely play early when he gets to Charlotte.[/font]

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:31, topic:26867”]http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1213282.html

[font=arial]New Bern running back [/font][font=arial]Jachin Watkins[/font][font=arial] ran hard. The UNC-[/font][font=arial]Charlotte[/font][font=arial] commit had 10 carries for 70 yards and a touchdown. Watkins is a physical runner who is tough to bring down. The 6-foot, 220-pound Watkins has a very strong lower body and gets a lot of yards after contact. He is definitely a nice pickup for the 49ers and will likely play early when he gets to Charlotte.[/font][/quote]

That was from game one. In game two he had two more TD’s (one of them was a 28 yd reception). It’s important to note that those two game were against top competition. Durham Hillside and Havelock HS are two of the best teams in the state, and Watkins ran all over them. Of course I am biased and have green tinted glasses, but I think he will prove to be a steal for us. He definitely looks like he can do some damage at the FBS level.

Article about Watkins from today’s BSJ: http://www.newbernsj.com/articles/jachin-108793-backs-through.html

3 TD’s and 137 yards in two games against two of the state’s best teams.

The New Bern Bears are 12-0.

Watkins selected to the Shrine Bowl, 1000 yds, 15 tds this yr.

Jachin Watkins led New Bern to the state 4A title with 4 touchdowns including the winning score in the last minute of the game. Read all about it: http://www.highschoolot.com/new-bern-edges-porter-ridge-for-4-a-title-39-38/11832582/

That size he could play some full back. I know a running fullback isn’t en vogue anymore, but especially at the collegiate level it can be a big boost.

In Charlotte today taking an official.

@HopOff_MyJoc Up Here At The Hilton In Charlotte For My Official At #Uncc

Stars dont mean $%%^^%^

True. Having seen him play in person against some of the best defensive players in the state, I can guarantee you guys he is every bit as talented as many three star rated RB’s. Jachin is a beast.