First offensive play

I saw this on another site and thought it would be a good off-season topic for us. With a new HC and OC will they make a statement play right out of the gate? Against what I hope will be a very overmatched Gardner Webb I think all options will be on the table.

I predict [insert QB name here] will air out a 30 yard pass to Victor Tucker who takes it all the way. Welcome to Healy Ball.

1 Like

He’s gonna call a zone read option play. Most likely Benny is going to get the ball.

2 Likes

LeMay Off-Tackle.

2 Likes

clt calls a WR reverse.

1 Like

A turnover.

1 Like

You would.

1 Like

I don’t hate it.

One of my favorite Charlotte football plays was Johnson over the top to Duke on the first play against Central in 2014.

Knocked NCCU the frack out on the first play.

I successfully prognosticated the method of our very first score back in the day, so I spent my lunch break trying to see the future on this one. Healy is indeed all about the sizzle, so we’ll attempt to go big. Unfortunately, early nerves make for an overthrown deep ball down the right side. 2nd and 10.

Play action, faking to Lemay. Then, deep if open, short dump-off to TE if WR is covered.

I try to be as vanilla as possible and not put too much on film. I’ll wager we will see a lot of #32, #5 and Smalls.

I want to see the Annexation of Puerto Rico on the first play…BAMM!!

2 Likes

Dont tell them which one!!

Most of our plays have been offensive. Especially on offense.

QB sneak.
Oh no. We changed coaches, didn’t we.

Call a TO, pull the QB, and replace him with the QB who only comes in to run the ball.

3 Likes

Can our punter take a knee in homage of the Lambert era?

There are some BAD DUDES on this board!

Gonna go for 2. #goldbrick

2 Likes

Handoff to Chapel Hill Phil for a rush off the right tackle. CHP dead legs and collapses to the turf for a 7 yard loss. Ground causes a fumble, but ref rules it live. Gardner Webb returns ball for a TD. Ref comes over to CHP and asks if he fumbled before he was down. CHP tells ref that he made the right call, and that Charlotte will accept going down 0-6 since it will get the ball back immediately anyway.