FIU @ Charlotte 1/29 6PM ESPN+; 1/30 4PM ESPN+

FIU does not appear to be very good. We need to sweep them this weekend.

If we play.

Anyone know what’s up with CSC? Is he injured or did he leave?

Injured

I hope the men’s team hasn’t been around the women’s team. Maybe we will find out soon.

Speaking of the women’s team:

What is wrong

“I think there is a moment or play that decides the outcome” - Ron Sanchez.

If we were in a position to win games and play well and score points one single moment or play wouldn’t determine the outcome of our games. Instead, we are hoping to win every game 59 to 58 and one little thing does determine the outcome.

Here’s something you can learn and grow on: When you team is in a scoring drought, call a timeout. While in said timeout, don’t talk about defense. Draw up a set play with a couple of screens, maybe even a backup play for if that play breaks down. Successful coaches do this all the time. it’s neat. It scores points, it stops momentum shifts. You should give it a whirl sometime. I remember the first time my rec league coach called a timeout and drew us up a simple play with a cutter and a screen and we scored and I thought he was a magician. It isn’t that hard. If you need help, watch some Youtube videos.

3 Likes

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/charlotte-49ers/article248840634.html

Es6IwFFUYAAzNUx

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1355276289217728513

Per Matt on pregame, we won’t see CSC or Threadgill on the court tonight.

We beat a bad FIU team in OT while continuing to play terrible on offense. Dead horse needs to be beat. FIU was without their leading scorer.

Never been so annoyed after wins.

3 Likes

That win was UGLY. Offense is terrible, but we won against a bad team. We should only play good teams, because we play to the level of competition.

Never heard why FIU leading scorer Antonio Daye (17.4 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 5.0 apg, 2.25 spg) didn’t make the trip to CLT. Oh well, them’s the breaks! :wink:

clt says we should only wear the gold unis

While Jahmir definitely had a POTW performance with 25 pts and 10 rebs + the game tying 3 to send it to OT, my POTG vote goes to Cannon. Finished with 8 pts (margin of victory) and 10 rebs. Felt like he kept us in the game in the first half in his Halton Arena debut.

4 Likes