flawed tourny

[QUOTE=metro;395010]Kevs a good man. I think he thought I had quit NNN, which technically I did for a couple mos.[/QUOTE]

That too, although alot of people were left in that dont post either. Someones out to get you Metro!

[QUOTE=Gill2003;395026]That too, although alot of people were left in that dont post either. Someones out to get you Metro![/QUOTE]

Nah honest mistake

I just want the winner to know a 1 seed and final 4 participant last year never took the court. Sounds like an * to me :lmao:

I think you may be missing my point metro. I dont think it was soo much a mistake as it was people purposely voting you, lew and whoever else out of the tourney. I think its pretty obvious you still post. Actually, i’d say your a major threat in the tournament. I’d check the pre-nnnpoy rankings to see who you would of matched up with. Then see if you can find the paper trail. LoL. Ok maybe thats a little extreme.

Or next year we can keep it fair and not allow people to be voted out.

I think Kevin is the only one actually willing to take the time out to set this all up and, if I were him, I wouldn’t bother doing it again.

That said, I think the voting out idea was put into place to get rid of people who have hgih post counts but who don’t post any more. And then someone abused it, I’m assuming.

Oh posters were voted out? Didn’t know that

Whoever had the idea to make it subjective made an error

I don’t see mk or jcl either–brutal

I’d say nuke the whole thing

[QUOTE=Gill2003;395046]I think you may be missing my point metro. I dont think it was soo much a mistake as it was people purposely voting you, lew and whoever else out of the tourney. I think its pretty obvious you still post. Actually, i’d say your a major threat in the tournament. I’d check the pre-nnnpoy rankings to see who you would of matched up with. Then see if you can find the paper trail. LoL. Ok maybe thats a little extreme.

Or next year we can keep it fair and not allow people to be voted out.[/QUOTE]

Explain this voting out process- wtf

The mods were denied participation and have been since the first time JCL set this up.

Yes. It was rigged. I was not incuded. I think I should go up against the winner to determine the true champion.

Explain this voting out process- wtf
It's just about time to start up the new round!

I’ll work a little different this year. Let’s see how this works:

I am accepting nominations in this fashion. I am still basically going to use the people who post the most, however it will be a modified list.
You may nominate, by PM, at most 5 people not in the list of top 64 posters that you belive should be (with reasons if you wish, it’ll won’t hurt). Also, by PM, nominate at most 3 people who are in the top 64 that you think shouldn’t be in the running (again, reasons don’t hurt).

From that list I’ll add and remove until it’s a decent looking list. Please have your nominations in by March 17, 2009.

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23025

Oh posters were voted out? Didn't know that

Whoever had the idea to make it subjective made an error

I don’t see mk or jcl either–brutal

I’d say nuke the whole thing

A yearly post counter would solve everything.

True.

I listed the top 100 posters (at that time) in the thread referenced above.

[QUOTE=49or bust;395061]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23025[/QUOTE]

What an abortion

[QUOTE=survivor45;395063]A yearly post counter would solve everything.[/QUOTE]

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!!:clap:

[QUOTE=survivor45;395063]A yearly post counter would solve everything.[/QUOTE]

That, as well as a post rating system, would make it the most fair.

[QUOTE=metro;395067]What an abortion[/QUOTE]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Abortion

This tourny is as valid as a illinois senate race

Just change it, thing's rigged anyway.

Or maybe the mods really did change my vote after I asked them to since you didn’t vote for me and I had already voted for you :tongue:

[SIZE=1]*Note: I have no idea if this is the case but IF Jim thinks he saw a vote disappear, this could be the reason. I’m just sayin’[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=thelew1014;395072]That, as well as a post rating system, would make it the most fair.[/QUOTE]

A post rating system would kind of end the need to have this tournament, eh? The winner would already be picked.

[QUOTE=X-49er;395178]A post rating system would kind of end the need to have this tournament, eh? The winner would already be picked.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Use one stat as an entrance to the tournament and the other stat for seeding purposes.

A yearly post counter would solve everything.
I was telling Mac I would be glad to do this and I think I can. I'm sure as long as he's cool and posters want it, we can have it implemented by next year's tourney. I also had some other cool ideas to improve it.
That, as well as a post rating system, would make it the most fair.

As for the post rating system, I don’t like it. I see the value of having the system for the tourneys, but I don’t think we should have them. I think people’s reps should be kept to something known by individual poster’s, but not something that is recorded by a computer.

Furthermore, the yearly post count is all we need. I can see the problem some people may have when match ups don’t work out so well for some posters, but we are modeling this after the NCAA tournament. We are looking for the POY here and if you can’t beat whoever you are matched up with, clearly you aren’t the POY.