Football Coach Candidates?

And we think itā€™s for something of significance to the athletic program?

Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™ve been preoccupied today.

If this meeting is about Healyā€™s future - I really hope they donā€™t let him do the weekly press conference then axe him.

clt bets this would be tied to the stadium expansion

If it is an emergency meeting why would it be tied to the stadium? Just asking

From what Iā€™ve heard meeting is not sports related.

As for the team I think we have some talent. We just arenā€™t putting them in the best position.

Has any Healy recruit made it to the NFLā€¦ I want to say No, but Iā€™m not exactly sure, if Brad Lambert got a few and Healy zero that right there shows he canā€™t develop talent cause a few of his recruiting years were decently rated.

No, they havenā€™t. He hasnā€™t recruited the type of FBS talent that Lambert did. I know the amount of displeasure many of you have for him but at the end of the day he 1) Recruited kids that had a chip on their shoulder (which Healy promptly destroyed once he got here) 2) Developed that talent, AND actually promoted and encouraged kids to dream big
He was not a cheerleader, but rather a leader. His former players actually respect him for being who he was and the impact he had on their lives. If you think for a minute Healy is as respected by his players, then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. Knowing first hand from actual players, his forced and manufactured excitement wore its welcome out fast. Say what you want, but Lambert would have continued on the path of improvement and would have been to at least three bowl games at this point. This clown took someone elseā€™s kids and took all the credit.

2 Likes

Lambert revisionist history is this forums greatest weakness. They long for the days of muffed punts, 15 fans, and Grandma making descisions on the kitchen floor.

2 Likes

How did Healey destroy the chip on playersā€™ shoulders?

I agree we need a coach not a cheerleader. But stop with the Lambert was great crap.

Whiffing on Houston is our biggest problem

8 Likes

Yeah you are always going to have people either in or connected to the program who are going to prefer the last guy over the current guy or vice versa. Thatā€™s not to discount anything that was said.

But largely, I agree with Hootie - the issue here is that we missed on getting Houston.

And itā€™s not like he is the 2nd coming. Last I looked ECU was around .500 this year, but he does seem to have them generally pointing in the right direction.

We have to find a way to make some quality hires that can both recruit and coach.

The legend of Brad Lambert grows year by yearā€¦

homer simpson episode 21 GIF

2 Likes

Lambert was a terrible recruiter, not a good marketer or recruiter. Healy is not a good coach either.

Correct me if I am wrong (and I am sure everyone will) my recollection is we didnā€™t whiff on Houston, he didnā€™t want to come here. Yeah, I will go to prom with you unless I get another offer. The guy wanted an open marriage.

1 Like

Youā€™re not wrong but we still whiffed, didnā€™t get our top target, etc.

Houston is a royal douche and yes he used us as leverage, but at the end of the day he ainā€™t here and we gonna be looking for a new coach soon.

Whats up with this ā€œemergency BOT meetingā€?

Probably to approve the hire of a new provost.

I think NWA or one of the others stated it wasnā€™t sports related.

Yeah, i saw that post. Im asking if anyone has heard more today, as the original poster (tweet) indicated.