Football Fan Fest- August 18- Halton Arena

Could not attend but I enjoyed the radio coverage with 730 online.

Talked to Mike at Fan Fest, he told me he does read NN.N to stay informed as to the fanbaseā€™s feelings. Hi, Mike!

2 Likes

Then I will put this here instead of in the shoutboxā€¦

Blown away todayā€¦as a Charlotte 49er Ticket Rep called me. Yesā€¦you read that rightā€¦called ME. For decades, being a Niner athletic supporter meant calling daily, repeatedly and incessantly to leave voicemails anytime you wanted to renew or buy ticketsā€¦and if you missed your 1 callback you had to go through the process yet again!!

Noā€¦a real live person legitimately and purposefully called me and said he was assigned to personally handle my account going forward (which may or may not be trueā€¦I get that)!! A personalized call to offer to personally handle my ticket renewal needs!!! BIG props. BIG props. Almost like a real D1 athletic dept should operate huh?

I still refused to renew football as I have been pissing away money for the last several years on an uncompetitive product that I either get pissed at watching or I just donā€™t watch at all. So, I still refuse to pay for something that pisses me off and doesnā€™t entertain me or pay for something that I have no intention of using .

However, when and if our teams ever reach the status of being even remotely watchable againā€¦I can reach out to my personalized ticket acct rep for immediate assistance!!!

Thanks Mike.

For years our on the field product was worth the frustration in dealing with the mom & pops way we ran the athletic deptā€¦not anymore.

But little by little real changes are making things betterā€¦I can see it happeningā€¦and because of that I have real hope.

One day soon we will have BOTH a first class athletic product on the field and a first class athletic dept running like a well oiled machine as wellā€¦thanks to Mike!

Keep it up Mikeā€¦keep grinding!

1 Like

Not sure if it is being an FSL holder or not but Iā€™ve had a personal rep that calls me frequently for several years. He would even call me and chat about the spring game and other sports.

Hope the Fair Weather NINER Band Wagon ainā€™t too full for you when that day comes. Hate for you to have to start the frustration cycle ā€œprocess yet againā€ if you canā€™t jump on when the winning starts. Welcome, when you decide to come back to get your moneyā€™s worth.

I get it man, but after years of not listening, and pushing us all away, they are actively trying, as you acknowledge in your post.

IMO, boycotting now is only hurting the program.

1 Like

Not supporting Brad Lambert isnā€™t boycotting. That is just smart.

Iā€™m not boycotting. For meā€¦at my current ageā€¦itā€™s about value. I have a daughter in college and another daughter just starting to hit the travel ball circuit so there are many other things battling for my time and my dollars at this point in my life. Trust meā€¦I have given until I have bled for over 20 yearsā€¦enough is enough at this point for me. I can be a fervent Niner fan without pissing away money any longer. And though I was truly entertained and proud to support Niner athletics for a looooong time, I have literally pissed away THOUSANDS of dollars over the last decade on tickets that I wasted by not attending or on shitty live experiences from using those tickets. I have hit my limit. I wonā€™t sit here and tell anyone else how THEY should spend their moneyā€¦I would appreciate you not doing the same to me.

I have certainly done more than my part as a donor/boosterā€¦I feel like I have earned the right to take a break on my terms without being labled a bandwagon fan.

I will come back when the product is entertaining to me and worth the investment again. I am no more a bandwagon fan today as those of you that donated far less than me over the last 20 years are.

I get it for sure man. Wasnā€™t trying to spend your money, just saying, we got what we all begged for for years, and what we all stated was the problem for years is now gone.

Iā€™m on the other end. I refused to give to Judyā€™s admin. I never even joined the 49er club until she was told to go home. So in that regard, respect. I couldnā€™t give her my money. I donā€™t think youā€™re a bandwagoner at all. Didnā€™t mean for it to come across that way. My point was that I do have faith in Mike Hill.

Even though my reply was to youā€¦the comments about bandwagon and spending money was just made in generalā€¦since that is the usual board response when someone dares stop giving money.

And as I saidā€¦I see things changing and Iā€™m sure Mike will have the program turned around quick enough that I will be back on the donation/tickets train much earlier than anticipated. Itā€™s very possible that my hiatus will be brief and that will be a good thing. Iā€™m honestly ready to care again.

Despite the horrible product for me it is worth coming to games to enjoy the Fall weather and drink a cold beer.

3 Likes