Football meeting tomorrow

Hey no harm, no foul. Sorry if I came across as a jerk, just tossing out the info I got. Weird though, that these groups are saying different things.

No worries. A thought, though… the group sponsoring it says it’s ok to attend, but the Chancellor’s Office is saying ‘no.’ Anyone else think that may be more than a coincidence? Not trying to start rumors, just asking for other thoughts.

just a thought here. does it make any sense to just let this play out? no grand standing or whatever. i don’t know what it is but if some potenially big donors are involved a large crowd may do more harm than good. you gotta think if we get football there has got to be some stuff going on behind the scenes. if the chancellor’s say they don’t want anybody there i’d say lets respect their wishes.

just a thought here. does it make any sense to just let this play out? no grand standing or whatever. i don't know what it is but if some potenially big donors are involved a large crowd may do more harm than good. you gotta think if we get football there has got to be some stuff going on behind the scenes. if the chancellor's say they don't want anybody there i'd say lets respect their wishes.

I agree. The only benefit you have in being there is being one of the first to know the verdict.

I’ll wait and see what is said. 12/21/07 could be a great day to be a niner.

in addition, I think it is public so you won’t know who said which way they stand independently. There would be a lot of bashing of the individuals who came out against it on this message board (maybe myself included).

[QUOTE=pickman;278344]just a thought here. does it make any sense to just let this play out? no grand standing or whatever. i don’t know what it is but if some potenially big donors are involved a large crowd may do more harm than good. you gotta think if we get football there has got to be some stuff going on behind the scenes. if the chancellor’s say they don’t want anybody there i’d say lets respect their wishes.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%. If the Chancellor wants to do this behind close doors to get their ducks in a row prior to an announcement I am ok with that. If football here is going to happen major donors (public and private) are going to have to be in play. Many times these donors want to know details that may or may not be available to the general public. I am ok with waiting a day or two for the final word. We have come this far and don’t want to do anything that may have a negative impact at this stage of the game.

I agree with this 100%. If the Chancellor wants to do this behind close doors to get their ducks in a row prior to an announcement I am ok with that. If football here is going to happen major donors (public and private) are going to have to be in play. Many times these donors want to know details that may or may not be available to the general public. I am ok with waiting a day or two for the final word. We have come this far and don't want to do anything that may have a negative impact at this stage of the game.

I guess I agree with this statement. As I was reading it, I had a thought. (I know… congratulations!). But… let’s assume for a minute that they are meeting primarily with donors (private or public) to discuss this. Isn’t this a good sign? I mean, they wouldn’t be wasting these people’s time if the ‘study’ has shown that a football program would not survive… would they?

clt says that football is a given at this point. the details are being worked out now.

This is kinda a big deal.........I think we need something similar to a gameday thread tomorrow

start it up

start it up
Done [URL]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18469[/URL]

My mom called me and told me I was on the news this morning. The press knows about the football meeting and were talking about it. Apparently a white dude with glasses was too… hm…

http://news14.com/content/top_stories/590993/panel-to-review-uncc-football-data/Default.aspx

CHARLOTTE – The UNC-Charlotte Football Feasibility Committee will meet Friday to review data that includes conference affiliation and capital expenditure related to bringing football to the university.

Last month, the committee met with students to detail its findings about starting a team.

The estimated budget for football would be more that $6 million, but the revenues football would generate are estimated at close to $9 million.

An increase in student fees would help fund the team.

The Anti-football movement, like a gamester nearly ruined, has now put all her losses into one bet, and is playing a desperate game for the total. If she wins it, she wins from me my life; she wins the campus as the forfeited property of rebels; the right of soliciting donations for those that are left as reduced subjects; and the power of binding them slaves: and the single die which determines this unparalleled event is, whether we support our initiative or she overturn it. This is coming to the point at once. Here is the touchstone to try men by. He that is not a supporter of a Charlotte football progam by now is, in the American sense of the word, A TORY; and the instant that he endeavors to bring his toryism into practice, he becomes A TRAITOR.

The Anti-football movement, like a gamester nearly ruined, has now put all her losses into one bet, and is playing a desperate game for the total. If she wins it, she wins from me my life; she wins the campus as the forfeited property of rebels; the right of soliciting donations for those that are left as reduced subjects; and the power of binding them slaves: and the single die which determines this unparalleled event is, whether we support our initiative or she overturn it. This is coming to the point at once. Here is the touchstone to try men by. He that is not a supporter of a Charlotte football progam by now is, in the American sense of the word, A TORY; and the instant that he endeavors to bring his toryism into practice, he becomes A TRAITOR.

just when you thought he couldn’t do any better, he does.

30 Minutes till this meeting starts. There will be many who await the first posts after 4:30. Someone please post as soon a possible, especially the mock vote breakdown?

clt says that football is a given at this point. the details are being worked out now.
yep

The devil is in the details.
Let’s hope there are no “evil doers” at today’s meeting.
Since they are asking for scenarios today, I don’t expect the final answer, but wouldn’t a YEA vote be a great Christmas present!!!

Marcushe has a video he will be posted I believbe.