Football Tailgate - 2015

Thought this video of the student tailgate for the FAU game needed its own thread. Was well done. Post any videos or pics here for this season pre or post game festivities.

[quote=ā€œemf, post:137, topic:29845ā€]If you wanna see what a great time the students had at the tailgate village, check out this vid

One of our marketing departments needs to hire this guy.[/quote]

Good article, fail on cutting the random State fan out of the main picture.

People are still tweeting and posting pics about last Saturday and this coming Friday. Itā€™s really unusual and awesome.

It should be perfectly usual, if the AD can get out of itā€™s own way the entire campus should be a giant tailgateā€¦ ifā€¦

It should be perfectly usual, if the AD can get out of itā€™s own way the entire campus should be a giant tailgateā€¦ ifā€¦[/quote]

Iā€™m just curious, but why fault the AD when there are numerous constituencies that affect the tailgate environment, numerous internal and external considerations as well? I get that folks want the atmosphere from last Saturday to happen every home game, to continue to grow and excite not just students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community, but I have the impression that the university is still developing and evaluating what works best and safest. Moving the student tailgate was the right decision (had to learn that), reducing the student ticket allotment (right decision, Phil finally agreed), etc. Itā€™s a process, I think the AD gets it and the university is getting the pieces of the puzzle together. Sure, always more can be done, but can we say yet it wonā€™t be? Maybe not on the schedule many think, but itā€™s coming to gether and will eventually come together with some game-day wins too.

It should be perfectly usual, if the AD can get out of itā€™s own way the entire campus should be a giant tailgateā€¦ ifā€¦[/quote]

Iā€™m just curious, but why fault the AD when there are numerous constituencies that affect the tailgate environment, numerous internal and external considerations as well? I get that folks want the atmosphere from last Saturday to happen every home game, to continue to grow and excite not just students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community, but I have the impression that the university is still developing and evaluating what works best and safest. Moving the student tailgate was the right decision (had to learn that), reducing the student ticket allotment (right decision, Phil finally agreed), etc. Itā€™s a process, I think the AD gets it and the university is getting the pieces of the puzzle together. Sure, always more can be done, but can we say yet it wonā€™t be? Maybe not on the schedule many think, but itā€™s coming to gether and will eventually come together with some game-day wins too.[/quote]

Yep, I was one to criticize the AD at first, especially when I was a senior and myself and many other seniors werenā€™t awarded a ticket to the first game (which I still think was bullshit but Iā€™m over it now). I think they have made the right moves as of late and a packed house for some of our major games helps to drive the demand for tickets. We can increase the supply of the tickets, through expansion, later on. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Our football culture is growing and will continue to do so if we continue on the path we are on and put a decent product on the field. I like where we are headed.

Iā€™m just curious, but why fault the AD when there are numerous constituencies that affect the tailgate environment, numerous internal and external considerations as well? I get that folks want the atmosphere from last Saturday to happen every home game, to continue to grow and excite not just students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community, but I have the impression that the university is still developing and evaluating what works best and safest. Moving the student tailgate was the right decision (had to learn that), reducing the student ticket allotment (right decision, Phil finally agreed), etc. Itā€™s a process, I think the AD gets it and the university is getting the pieces of the puzzle together. Sure, always more can be done, but can we say yet it wonā€™t be? Maybe not on the schedule many think, but itā€™s coming to gether and will eventually come together with some game-day wins too.[/quote]

The campus lacks a unified vision, not just with football but with everything. They donā€™t work well together and they donā€™t talk to each other. This isnā€™t just on the AD, it is really on Phil for having all the different groups and departments out there trying to run their own kingdom. The AD takes some heat because they didnā€™t create our tailgate policy or research what was best for us. They literally copy and pasted the ODU manual.