Football Uniforms

I noticed in the artwork going up in the football center that mostly white uniforms are being featured. Could the Niners follow the Carolina Panthers and feature their white jerseys at home?

Are these jerseys avail at the store? Or just pre-order?

I would be shocked if we didn’t wear green at home. The overwhelming majority of schools wear their colors at home and white on the road (I can’t think off-hand any team that wears white at home). I would think the only question would be the pant color.

In the NFL, the home team chooses jersey color. The Panthers choose to wear white early in the season when it is hot. They switch to black in the winter because it is cooler. This is for obvious reasons.

Ask the Patriots how they feel about wearing dark jerseys in the Carolina Summer after we beat them the season after our Superbowl loss to them.

Just Preorder. Which is frustrating. I’m not paying 100 bucks for something I can’t try on, but at the same time, I want to make sure I get one. #conflicted

LSU.

LSU.[/quote]

Georgia Tech as well, IIRC.

I researched LSU a little and see the below, apparently the NCAA rule is for dark home jerseys but “if” the visiting team agrees, they can flip it.

[i]The tradition originated when LSU won its first national championship in 1958. Head coach Paul Dietzel had a habit of tinkering with the uniform every year. In 1958, he chose to wear white jerseys for LSU’s home games, and the Tigers subsequently won the national championship. A superstitious man, Dietzel didn’t change the uniform after that season. LSU continued to wear white jerseys for home games throughout the Charlie McClendon Era. When Jerry Stovall took over as head coach in 1980, he said the Tigers would occasionally wear purple jerseys so that home fans could see a different color.

In 1982, the NCAA changed its jersey rule, requiring teams to wear dark colored jerseys for home games. The Tigers wore purple jerseys for all home games from 1983 to 1994. When Gerry DiNardo became head coach in 1995, he vowed to change the NCAA jersey rule. After petitioning the rules committee of the American Football Coaches Association, he personally met with each member of the NCAA Football Rules Committee. DiNardo’s efforts were successful and the Tigers were allowed to wear white jerseys again beginning in 1995. A stipulation of the new rule was that the visiting team would have to give the home team permission to wear the white jerseys. The first team to deny LSU’s request was DiNardo’s former team, Vanderbilt. [/i]

[quote=“chidave, post:308, topic:27405”]I researched LSU a little and see the below, apparently the NCAA rule is for dark home jerseys but “if” the visiting team agrees, they can flip it.

[i]The tradition originated when LSU won its first national championship in 1958. Head coach Paul Dietzel had a habit of tinkering with the uniform every year. In 1958, he chose to wear white jerseys for LSU’s home games, and the Tigers subsequently won the national championship. A superstitious man, Dietzel didn’t change the uniform after that season. LSU continued to wear white jerseys for home games throughout the Charlie McClendon Era. When Jerry Stovall took over as head coach in 1980, he said the Tigers would occasionally wear purple jerseys so that home fans could see a different color.

In 1982, the NCAA changed its jersey rule, requiring teams to wear dark colored jerseys for home games. The Tigers wore purple jerseys for all home games from 1983 to 1994. When Gerry DiNardo became head coach in 1995, he vowed to change the NCAA jersey rule. After petitioning the rules committee of the American Football Coaches Association, he personally met with each member of the NCAA Football Rules Committee. DiNardo’s efforts were successful and the Tigers were allowed to wear white jerseys again beginning in 1995. A stipulation of the new rule was that the visiting team would have to give the home team permission to wear the white jerseys. The first team to deny LSU’s request was DiNardo’s former team, Vanderbilt. [/i][/quote]

It has since changed, only rule now is that teams must wear contrasting jerseys.

Green jersey & green pants, the other team can’t see us. We’d have the Boise St. blue & E. Wash. red advantage at home on the green field.

Just Preorder. Which is frustrating. I’m not paying 100 bucks for something I can’t try on, but at the same time, I want to make sure I get one. #conflicted[/quote]

Store says pre- orders will be here late July- early August. I asked if #s will be on shoulders. They said they think so…I REALLY hope so!

Just Preorder. Which is frustrating. I’m not paying 100 bucks for something I can’t try on, but at the same time, I want to make sure I get one. #conflicted[/quote]

Store says pre- orders will be here late July- early August. I asked if #s will be on shoulders. They said they think so…I REALLY hope so![/quote]
“Hey man, we don’t know what we’re sellin’, we just take your money, ya dig?”

Store says pre- orders will be here late July- early August. I asked if #s will be on shoulders. They said they think so…I REALLY hope so![/quote]
“Hey man, we don’t know what we’re sellin’, we just take your money, ya dig?”[/quote]

Yep, that’s another reason why I am holding off on dropping $90 on a ‘replica’ jersey. For all I know Barnes and Noble could make them put UNC above the CHARLOTTE.

I guess not having numbers on the shoulders might be a problem, but I liked the logos on this jersey and thought it had just the right amount of gold. This is from a postcard they sent out about FSLs way back.

I have that up on my wall in my office as well.

Looks kinda like the Green Bay Packer’s Uniforms.

Just thought I’d post this here, so that nobody is caught off guard the way I was today.

So second summer session started today, and I went to the bookstore to grab my book. I hadn’t seen this yet, but there are flyers at the checkout desk that say “Make sure to preorder a football jersey, only 400 will be primarily available” I was planning to wait and try one on before I bought it until I saw this. I started asking the cashier about it, she said it was accurate. So if you want one, don’t wait. They seemed to be under the impression that 400 would be more than plenty. I hope that’s false, but we’ll see. I asked when they might order more, and they said they would order more when there was a demand for more. I don’t think they intended to get more before August 31 though.

But once again, if you plan on owning the first season jersey, I’d advise you go ahead and do it.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:317, topic:27405”]Just thought I’d post this here, so that nobody is caught off guard the way I was today.

So second summer session started today, and I went to the bookstore to grab my book. I hadn’t seen this yet, but there are flyers at the checkout desk that say “Make sure to preorder a football jersey, only 400 will be primarily available” I was planning to wait and try one on before I bought it until I saw this. I started asking the cashier about it, she said it was accurate. So if you want one, don’t wait. They seemed to be under the impression that 400 would be more than plenty. I hope that’s false, but we’ll see. I asked when they might order more, and they said they would order more when there was a demand for more. I don’t think they intended to get more before August 31 though.

But once again, if you plan on owning the first season jersey, I’d advise you go ahead and do it.[/quote]
Confirmed that 400 number. http://aux.uncc.edu/news/charlotte-49er-football-jerseys-unveiled-replica-versions-way I guess you’re just supposed to guess the size that’ll fit and plunk down your $100. Sounds reasonable.

If all 400 sell out they will order more. If not they are stupid than even I could imagine. Key words were “primarily available.”

Doesn’t matter to me that much, I just want one to display in a future man cave.

[quote=“emf, post:318, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:317, topic:27405”]Just thought I’d post this here, so that nobody is caught off guard the way I was today.

But once again, if you plan on owning the first season jersey, I’d advise you go ahead and do it.[/quote]
Confirmed that 400 number. http://aux.uncc.edu/news/charlotte-49er-football-jerseys-unveiled-replica-versions-way I guess you’re just supposed to guess the size that’ll fit and plunk down your $100. Sounds reasonable.[/quote]guess I’ll have to go try on a tarheel jersey at Dicks to see what size I wear. >:(