Football Uniforms

WTH is so difficult to understand.

A replica is an [size=18pt]exact reproduction[/size] executed by the original artist

Those who bought these jerseys should expect nothing less than an exact reproduction.

[quote=ā€œCrusader, post:341, topic:27405ā€]WTH is so difficult to understand.

A replica is an [size=18pt]exact reproduction[/size] executed by the original artist

Those who bought these jerseys should expect nothing less than an exact reproduction.[/quote]

agreed. I donā€™t understand how they screwed this one up. I donā€™t have mine yet, but I think Iā€™m well within my rights to complain when it does come, if it does not have the numbers on the shoulders.

Yep, the bookstore and/or Athletic Department dropped the ball on this if it not exact. Anyone who accepts less doing a disservice to the future of 49ers merchandise.

clt asks if the unis are at the bookstore?

Man oh man I cannot believe some of you guys.

Yep, the bookstore and/or Athletic Department dropped the ball on this if it not exact. Anyone who accepts less doing a disservice to the future of 49ers merchandise.
[/quote]

I guess Iā€™m doing a disservice then because I freaking love this jersey! All of you guys are bitching and complaining mainly because there are no NUMBERS ON THE SHOULDERS!? Thatā€™s it? Well I hate to break it to you, and I didnā€™t even see it myself until now but:

ā€œJersey will come with ā€œCHARLOTTEā€ across the chest and the number ā€œ49ā€ on the front and back.ā€

Never says anything about numbers on the shoulders. Is it disappointing? A little yes. But you guys do seem to be making a mountain out of the tiniest mole hill. Iā€™m sure if you really wanted to you could iron them on yourself! Personally I wonā€™t, because I like the jersey just the way it is.

Another note is it is a jersey for a FIRST YEAR FOOTBALL TEAM! More than likely, there will be new versions coming out in the years to come.

But, I suppose I can let people agree to disagree. If you donā€™t like the jersey just cause there isnā€™t a C-Pick(which isnā€™t on the actual uniform), or numbers on the shoulders, or something else, thatā€™s fine. But donā€™t go around saying its a disgrace if you accept this jersey for what it is, which is about 99.99% accurate to the actual jersey. So if you donā€™t like it, donā€™t buy it! As for me, Iā€™ll be wearing this around Raleigh and Charlotte as a proud member of Niner Nation, who is more than ready to see some college football.

[quote=ā€œdz49er, post:345, topic:27405ā€]Man oh man I cannot believe some of you guys.

[/quote]

I guess Iā€™m doing a disservice then because I freaking love this jersey! All of you guys are bitching and complaining mainly because there are no NUMBERS ON THE SHOULDERS!? Thatā€™s it? Well I hate to break it to you, and I didnā€™t even see it myself until now but:

ā€œJersey will come with ā€œCHARLOTTEā€ across the chest and the number ā€œ49ā€ on the front and back.ā€

Never says anything about numbers on the shoulders. Is it disappointing? A little yes. But you guys do seem to be making a mountain out of the tiniest mole hill. Iā€™m sure if you really wanted to you could iron them on yourself! Personally I wonā€™t, because I like the jersey just the way it is.

Another note is it is a jersey for a FIRST YEAR FOOTBALL TEAM! More than likely, there will be new versions coming out in the years to come.

But, I suppose I can let people agree to disagree. If you donā€™t like the jersey just cause there isnā€™t a C-Pick(which isnā€™t on the actual uniform), or numbers on the shoulders, or something else, thatā€™s fine. But donā€™t go around saying its a disgrace if you accept this jersey for what it is, which is about 99.99% accurate to the actual jersey. So if you donā€™t like it, donā€™t buy it! As for me, Iā€™ll be wearing this around Raleigh and Charlotte as a proud member of Niner Nation, who is more than ready to see some college football.[/quote]

This would all be okay if the jersey werenā€™t almost $100. For what their charging, it should look as close to the real thing as possible.

The thing that annoys me the most is the half-assed attention to detail and branding conventions you see in the bookstore and/or from Aux Services and/or Collegiate Licensing Company. I canā€™t think of any reason someone would intentionally not put the numbers on the sleeves; itā€™s just ineptitude.

I am just glad I held off on buying one of these. Hopefully they can sell a true replica at some point in the future.

[quote=ā€œdz49er, post:345, topic:27405ā€]Man oh man I cannot believe some of you guys.

[/quote]

But, I suppose I can let people agree to disagree. If you donā€™t like the jersey just cause there isnā€™t a C-Pick(which isnā€™t on the actual uniform), or numbers on the shoulders, or something else, thatā€™s fine. But donā€™t go around saying its a disgrace if you accept this jersey for what it is, which is about 99.99% accurate to the actual jersey. So if you donā€™t like it, donā€™t buy it! As for me, Iā€™ll be wearing this around Raleigh and Charlotte as a proud member of Niner Nation, who is more than ready to see some college football.[/quote]

Dude, donā€™t get me wrong, I love it as well, but I have never seen one of these messed up ever, anywhere. I love the jersey our AD chose, I love our jerseys in general. I donā€™t love that I paid 100 dollars for a replica that isnā€™t a replica. Can you imagine if the panthers sold something like this? The fans would go crazyā€¦ in fact it happened. Nike pulls Carolina Panthers T-shirt with South Carolina outline - ESPN Itā€™s 100 dollars. It should be right. Iā€™m just as excited as you are that we have football, Iā€™m not excited that I paid 100 dollars for a product that is not what it was advertised to be. Itā€™s two separate issues. Seriously man, look around. go to the Tar Heels bookstore page, or ECU, App state, anybody really. Nobody is selling messed up jerseys but us. Our bookstore is run like a Division 3 fiefdom, thatā€™s the issue here.

This. When the shipment came in, they should have sent them back immediately. I canā€™t believe they are trying to pass this on to everybody as though nothing happened.

Has anyone contacted the bookstore? Iā€™m interested in the response.

This. When the shipment came in, they should have sent them back immediately. I canā€™t believe they are trying to pass this on to everybody as though nothing happened. In fact, I part of the issue is that we donā€™t have a large group that will complain. Iā€™m heading there today to do so.[/quote]

[/quote]

Please show me another team in the country that sells replica jerseys that are not exact replicas of what is worn on the field. Find me a school that sells them for $90 also. People have a right to be pissed.

Here are some examples FYI:

http://gopack.cbscollegestore.com/store_contents.cfm?store_id=465&dept_id=17787&product_id=227159

[font=verdana][size=78%]

http://shop.ecupirates.com/East_Carolina_Pirates_Jerseys/Nike_East_Carolina_Pirates_Number_53_Replica_Football_Jersey_ā€“_Purple

http://shop.goheels.com/COLLEGE_North_Carolina_Tar_Heels_Jerseys/Nike_North_Carolina_Tar_Heels_UNC_Number_83_Football_Replica_Jersey_-_Carolina_Blue
[/size][/font]

[font=verdana]EDIT: For some reason the in game pics I posted do not show up, but these match what is worn on the field, and all are less than $90.[/font]

Man, NCSUā€™s is for 32 bucks? I would pick one up in a heartbeat if ours were that cheapā€¦

Starting to fear that football might fail at Charlotte. We have fans willing to accept pseudo authentic merchandise at ridiculous prices and many fans have already stated they expect 7-8 wins this season.

#prescriptionforfailure

[quote=ā€œCrusader, post:355, topic:27405ā€]Starting to fear that football might fail at Charlotte. We have fans willing to accept pseudo authentic merchandise at ridiculous prices and many fans have already stated they expect 7-8 wins this season.

#prescriptionforfailure[/quote]

If you donā€™t like them, then return them. They will get the message better that way than by complaining on here. Our marketing/merchandising has never been good. Iā€™m not surprised by what has turned out.

Alright alright geez. No need to beat up on a guy for sharing his own opinions. I get it, theyā€™re not one hundred percent accurate, and we have a right to be upset. But itā€™s like I said, if you donā€™t like them, you can still return them. Besides, I feel like having no numbers on the shoulders, while not great, gives a bit of uniqueness(seeing as apparently no other teams jerseys are like that). Plus, yes, 90 dollars is a lot, but I have to expect itā€™s kind of like purchasing a new game(or at least I hope itā€™s something along those lines). When it first comes out itā€™s really expensive, but after a while the price becomes more reasonable(maybe why Stateā€™s are only $32? just a thought). Either way, is it upsetting? yes. So I cannot judge anyone who would want to refund thereā€™s or try and get a better jersey out of the bookstore or the AD. That makes sense to me. Personally if they do offer a change, I may do the same thing, but I can live with the one difference. But again, just so we are clear here,I will not judge anyone who sees it differently then myself.

This never would have happened if Mike Minter was coach.

[quote=ā€œCrusader, post:355, topic:27405ā€]Starting to fear that football might fail at Charlotte. We have fans willing to accept pseudo authentic merchandise at ridiculous prices and many fans have already stated they expect 7-8 wins this season.

#prescriptionforfailure[/quote]

If we half @ss football the way we half @ssed this, then you may be right.