Football Uniforms

Don’t forget we have all white helmets.

I think the number one thing I don’t like is the font. It looks nice for logo type etc. but on uniforms I’ve always found it awkward looking. Something about italicized letters and numbers just doesn’t do it for me.

Can’t wait for 6/1.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:140, topic:27405”][quote=“s9er, post:139, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:137, topic:27405”]Well, Marshall goes with a green and white look, North Texas does an all green thing usually or green and white, and UAB does green and gold.

If we don’t go green and black we are going to look just like one of our peers. There aren’t many directions we could have gone to be unique, and this one is. The jerseys they have been selling in the bookstore for 3 years look exactly like UAB for those that haven’t noticed.

I like the direction we are going. Recruits love black alternates. That’s why everybody is doing black outs these days. We even do it with basketball. Our logo pops on Black. I am excited.[/quote]
The School colors are Green and White… So f***ing what if UNT or Marshall are as well. Black for black sake is a fad.[/quote]

Yes but we are trying to create our own brand, and our own identity. If we look exactly like 2 of our conference mates, that’s not exactly enforcing the idea of being our own brand. Especially for a school in our position. It’s our first year of football, I really like the idea of going for a different look. We can’t afford to fit in with everybody else. We must stand out somehow.[/quote]

We are missing a huge branding opportunity by not adding gold to our uniforms. Our mascot is a freaking GOLD miner!! Our dance team is called the GOLD Dusters. The upcoming auction is called the GOLD rush Auction. Our student section for football is going to be named the GOLD mine. We have a legit reason to use gold.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:143, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:140, topic:27405”][quote=“s9er, post:139, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:137, topic:27405”]Well, Marshall goes with a green and white look, North Texas does an all green thing usually or green and white, and UAB does green and gold.

If we don’t go green and black we are going to look just like one of our peers. There aren’t many directions we could have gone to be unique, and this one is. The jerseys they have been selling in the bookstore for 3 years look exactly like UAB for those that haven’t noticed.

I like the direction we are going. Recruits love black alternates. That’s why everybody is doing black outs these days. We even do it with basketball. Our logo pops on Black. I am excited.[/quote]
The School colors are Green and White… So f***ing what if UNT or Marshall are as well. Black for black sake is a fad.[/quote]

Yes but we are trying to create our own brand, and our own identity. If we look exactly like 2 of our conference mates, that’s not exactly enforcing the idea of being our own brand. Especially for a school in our position. It’s our first year of football, I really like the idea of going for a different look. We can’t afford to fit in with everybody else. We must stand out somehow.[/quote]

We are missing a huge branding opportunity by not adding gold to our uniforms. Our mascot is a freaking GOLD miner!! Our dance team is called the GOLD Dusters. The upcoming auction is called the GOLD rush Auction. Our student section for football is going to be named the GOLD mine. We have a legit reason to use gold.[/quote]
I think you’re overstating the “huge” branding opportunity. The point is to look sharp. There is gold on the sleeve. Gold in the logo. We don’t need a dramatic amount on the jersey’s. Keep in mind that these are our HOME jerseys, worn in front of fans that already understand our brand. Away jerseys may have a different scheme, but that’s only speculation. I personally always envisioned more gold incorporated, but am not let down by what was leaked yesterday.

Racist.

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:144, topic:27405”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:143, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:140, topic:27405”][quote=“s9er, post:139, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:137, topic:27405”]Well, Marshall goes with a green and white look, North Texas does an all green thing usually or green and white, and UAB does green and gold.

We are missing a huge branding opportunity by not adding gold to our uniforms. Our mascot is a freaking GOLD miner!! Our dance team is called the GOLD Dusters. The upcoming auction is called the GOLD rush Auction. Our student section for football is going to be named the GOLD mine. We have a legit reason to use gold.[/quote]
I think you’re overstating the “huge” branding opportunity. The point is to look sharp. There is gold on the sleeve. Gold in the logo. We don’t need a dramatic amount on the jersey’s. Keep in mind that these are our HOME jerseys, worn in front of fans that already understand our brand. Away jerseys may have a different scheme, but that’s only speculation. I personally always envisioned more gold incorporated, but am not let down by what was leaked yesterday.[/quote]

ummm…

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:146, topic:27405”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:144, topic:27405”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:143, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:140, topic:27405”][quote=“s9er, post:139, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:137, topic:27405”]Well, Marshall goes with a green and white look, North Texas does an all green thing usually or green and white, and UAB does green and gold.

I think you’re overstating the “huge” branding opportunity. The point is to look sharp. There is gold on the sleeve. Gold in the logo. We don’t need a dramatic amount on the jersey’s. Keep in mind that these are our HOME jerseys, worn in front of fans that already understand our brand. Away jerseys may have a different scheme, but that’s only speculation. I personally always envisioned more gold incorporated, but am not let down by what was leaked yesterday.[/quote]

ummm…

[/quote]
Maybe you need a better computer, or at least a better monitor. Look at the botton line of the accent on the sleeves.

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:147, topic:27405”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:146, topic:27405”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:144, topic:27405”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:143, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:140, topic:27405”][quote=“s9er, post:139, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:137, topic:27405”]Well, Marshall goes with a green and white look, North Texas does an all green thing usually or green and white, and UAB does green and gold.

ummm…

[/quote]
Maybe you need a better computer, or at least a better monitor. Look at the botton line of the accent on the sleeves.[/quote]

The gold is both minimal and poorly executed

School colors or not, the fact that so many other teams in our league are green/white or green/gold, is a factor in trying to create our football brand, as this will be the league we launch our brand in. Worst thing we could do is create a uniform that looked too much like another CUSA team.

Obviously, we have been moving towards black for a while, but this is a real factor.

There is gold on the sleeves but it is so miniscule that it is practically negligible. I’m more concerned with lack of C-pic than anything else. These jerseys look so cheap, I wonder if the next step up in design templates was cost prohibitive. We are a start-up program anyways, I guess we had to start somewhere.

Yeah, lack of a Cpick is worse than lack of gold, imo.

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:147, topic:27405”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:146, topic:27405”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:144, topic:27405”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:143, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:140, topic:27405”][quote=“s9er, post:139, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:137, topic:27405”]Well, Marshall goes with a green and white look, North Texas does an all green thing usually or green and white, and UAB does green and gold.

ummm…

[/quote]
Maybe you need a better computer, or at least a better monitor. Look at the botton line of the accent on the sleeves.[/quote]

Ah, I see it now. Don’t give me that better computer or better monitor crap. I’m at work, my equipment is pretty much as good as it gets. If the gold is so minimal that I can’t see it without pulling the image into photoshop and blowing it up three times… damn, it was better when it looked like they forgot to put gold on it in the first place.

Seriously, somebody dropped the ball here. It may have been Nike, it may have been the coaching staff, it may have been the AD… but the fact that our first football jerseys take a swing and a miss at our colors that badly… wow.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:154, topic:27405”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:147, topic:27405”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:146, topic:27405”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:144, topic:27405”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:143, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:140, topic:27405”][quote=“s9er, post:139, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:137, topic:27405”]Well, Marshall goes with a green and white look, North Texas does an all green thing usually or green and white, and UAB does green and gold.

ummm…

[/quote]

Ah, I see it now. Don’t give me that better computer or better monitor crap. I’m at work, my equipment is pretty much as good as it gets. If the gold is so minimal that I can’t see it without pulling the image into photoshop and blowing it up three times… damn, it was better when it looked like they forgot to put gold on it in the first place.

Seriously, somebody dropped the ball here. It may have been Nike, it may have been the coaching staff, it may have been the AD… but the fact that our first football jerseys take a swing and a miss at our colors that badly… wow.[/quote]
Giving you crow to eat, not crap. Pick your poison though :stuck_out_tongue:

Racist.[/quote]Are you saying I don’t intimidate you?

It really doesn’t matter since we are just using one of Nike’s many templates. WE will be changing uniforms styles every other year like we do in basketball anyway. I’ll just wait for next round to buy a jersey if it looks better.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:157, topic:27405”]It really doesn’t matter since we are just using one of Nike’s many templates. WE will be changing uniforms styles every other year like we do in basketball anyway. I’ll just wait for next round to buy a jersey if it looks better.[/quote]Wish we would have went with Under Armour and been a prototype program.

Racist.[/quote]Are you saying I don’t intimidate you?[/quote]

I work with electrical engineers all the time. 'Fraid not.

To go UA, we probably would’ve had to have ALL TEAMS go UA, especially if we wanted to be a prototype program… I love UA’s product as well, but, I’m guessing basketball, and a few other programs like to be able to pick their vendors, also, the Nike brand goes further with prospects, UA is gaining momentum, but when it comes to recruiting, kids always ask, “are ya’ll Nike?” when we put our nike gear spread out every kid starts salivating at the mouth(not saying a smorgusboard of UA wouldn’t get it done, I love their stuff too)…

My college roomie and best buddy actually is really high up in UA and has given me very good insights on how tough it is to become a UA school(prototype wise), even though that’s not his department but I also know that if they weren’t asking us to become a total UA school, then it is a better choice to go Nike, because their product is cheaper. Nike can undercut every other brand out there, and you’re still getting Nike, if we’re saving $10-15 per jersey going with Nike(for 200 football jerseys) than that’s an extra $2k we don’t have to cut from other areas. We’ve had the UA rep try and get us to switch and I explained to him unless he can give us a much better deal then what we currently have then I’m not interested, we’re winning Conference Titles and sending athletes to NCAA’s every year and getting our athletes some “media attention” I’m not looking to do any apparel companies any favors unless they give our team a hook up. Nike’s team line is designed to not bankrupt teams, the big BCS schools that have the awesome uni combo’s etc… don’t have to pay for their equipment, bc Nike, UA, Adidas, etc… is using that school as marketing, and their company gets the profits off of selling their merchandise to the fans. Chapel Hill get’s $2mill of free gear every year from Nike, no equipment costs there, same with VT and other likes, one day boys we’ll hopefully be in that type of situation, but, we’re not there yet… we spend 1/5 of our budget on gear every year, it’d be pretty nice to get that for free, but, sometimes those programs that get the free gear have to re-use it, lot’s of track programs that get the free gear by being at a Nike or UA school have to reuse uniforms for 3+ years, I would’ve bought my own uniform if I had to wear someone else’s running shorts from meet to meet, let alone what the women have to wear… what was cool for this year was that we got our uni’s custom made(hoop style like soccer, with a few improvements :wink: and now we don’t show an allegiance to a brand and every team we’ve encountered has asked us who makes our jersey, how great they are etc… it’s kind of cool to say “we got them custom made” which happened to be cheaper than going with same rehashed Nike jerseys that every other team has out there, if we want to put really cool stuff out there then we should investigate all teams getting on the custom boat(at least for jersey tops), as it is now WE’re paying to advertise FOR THE COMPANIES, if we don’t have a logo on our tops, some company is going to realize that there is an opportunity to put their logo on there and then boom we strike some better deals or we get better gear from the private NC based company that will take way better care of us then some huge mega company…