Football Uniforms

I’d love to see hoops worked in to every sport on campus in some way or another (subtly for many sports, no need for our football team to look like green-and-white Steelers throwbacks) and let it become sort of a Charlotte calling card, much like Yankee pinstripes or Chapel Hill argyle.

I like the long sleeve jerseys where only the sleeves are striped. Saw some students at games on TV this year with that look. Real throw back! :))

Racist.[/quote]Are you saying I don’t intimidate you?[/quote]

I work with electrical engineers all the time. 'Fraid not.[/quote]

Don’t be hating on electrical engineers now

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:143, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:140, topic:27405”][quote=“s9er, post:139, topic:27405”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:137, topic:27405”]Well, Marshall goes with a green and white look, North Texas does an all green thing usually or green and white, and UAB does green and gold.

If we don’t go green and black we are going to look just like one of our peers. There aren’t many directions we could have gone to be unique, and this one is. The jerseys they have been selling in the bookstore for 3 years look exactly like UAB for those that haven’t noticed.

I like the direction we are going. Recruits love black alternates. That’s why everybody is doing black outs these days. We even do it with basketball. Our logo pops on Black. I am excited.[/quote]
The School colors are Green and White… So f***ing what if UNT or Marshall are as well. Black for black sake is a fad.[/quote]

Yes but we are trying to create our own brand, and our own identity. If we look exactly like 2 of our conference mates, that’s not exactly enforcing the idea of being our own brand. Especially for a school in our position. It’s our first year of football, I really like the idea of going for a different look. We can’t afford to fit in with everybody else. We must stand out somehow.[/quote]

We are missing a huge branding opportunity by not adding gold to our uniforms. Our mascot is a freaking GOLD miner!! Our dance team is called the GOLD Dusters. The upcoming auction is called the GOLD rush Auction. Our student section for football is going to be named the GOLD mine. We have a legit reason to use gold.[/quote]

Here come the Duke Blue Devils, dressed in their traditional Red uniforms. Wait. What? ???

Racist.[/quote]Are you saying I don’t intimidate you?[/quote]

I work with electrical engineers all the time. 'Fraid not.[/quote]

Don’t be hating on electrical engineers now[/quote]

Haha, I’m not, they just don’t intimidate me.

Maybe we should call the student section the Coal Mine.

That’s never a bad thing.

Maybe I just have no taste when it comes to uniforms but from the layman’s view I think these are going to look good. Combined with the white helmet and pants I think they are going to look sharp. I do agree that the c pic needs to be incorporated but I would be shocked if that is not the case in the final version.

As far as gold goes, I was always a fan of the gold basketball unis that we had back when Henry Williams was playing. Is there any love on the board for those uniforms and could we roll out something like that in football one day? Maybe gold jerseys and green pants and helmets?

Me like gold as metal. Me no like gold as uniform color.

I loved the gold unis!

That is also associated in my mind when the program was really improving. Those were good times.

If we could do the C-pick 49ers in the V-Notch, and take the CHARLOTTE out might look a little cleaner… I would also assume we’ll have numbers on our sleeves… I think the released Charlotte one is more “fan” oriented vs. a TRUE replica, kind of like non legit NFL jerseys… just my thoughts

I’m no marketing genius, but isn’t it important to put your logo on everything for the general public to be aware of it. Then again, we have C-49ers, C-Pick, C-harlotte, C-Pick-with-Football logos to confuse things…

I will be absolutely stunned if that jersey that the bookstore leaked is not exactly the same thing our players are wearing. People don’t order replica jerseys that don’t look the same. That would be absolutely foolish. This is our jersey. If you like it, buy one, support our AD. If you don’t, tough cookies, this is what we are wearing in 2013.

I for one love this uniform, and I am thrilled that we have a replica football uniform which I have the opportunity to buy as the first every Charlotte 49er football jersey.

We’ll find out Saturday! :slight_smile:

I’m just glad we have a football team to complain about things like jerseys. I’m ok with them.

Old Dominion’s first unis used the Miami(Fl) template but in their colors. Now they have multiple variations of it and tweaked it a bit. I don’t see why the same can’t happen here.

From this teaser video, it looks like the leaked photo is exactly the one:

[quote=“SF4Nynah, post:179, topic:27405”]From this teaser video, it looks like the leaked photo is exactly the one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eXEyckVZEwM[/quote]There is a player in the video with a couple of big chains, and I noticed a couple of players at the spring game with them. What is up with this? Am I supposed to think they are tough or something? It seems kind of silly to me.