For about 8 minutes tonight

Agreed, but the point is damn, it hurts as a loyal diehard fan to see Mitch criticized. The boy has played with heart over the past 5 years, and we all love him for that, and its hard to hear that kind of stuff towards someone whos been with the program for that long and we respect that much.

But again, we do have the right to criticize him.

Agreed, but the point is damn, it hurts as a loyal diehard fan to see Mitch criticized. The boy has played with heart over the past 5 years, and we all love him for that, and its hard to hear that kind of stuff towards someone whos been with the program for that long and we respect that much.

But again, we do have the right to criticize him.

It hurts me to watch him play so poorly. The problem is that he can do better. It is one thing when you have a guy without discernable talent. It is another thing when you are talking about a guy who for the past 3 years has made some big plays. He has to understand that he canā€™t play 32 minutes and provide no offensive threats.

I hope Mitch gets it right because I want to see him do well. I like the kid. I think he works hard to stay in shape, he plays solid defense. He just needs to play with a little more urgency, intensity and be more willing to attack the defense instead of allowing them to force him into making mistakes.

It kills us offensively to not have a true PG. Donā€™t you think that Soderberg and Nees watched a few tapes of our games and knew that Mitch doesnā€™t drive past the FT line. That opens up so many options for their defenses.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;157831]For about 8 minutes tonight We played like we knew what the hell we were doing, and good enough to win the A10 tournament.[/QUOTE]

We were also seriously outplayed for the first 12 minutesā€¦ by Duquesneā€¦ a team with 3 wins all yearā€¦ at team with an RPI of 309ā€¦ a team on the same level as NC A&T. We should have won by at least 25.

we were favored by 21 points.

Hereā€™s the cold hard factsā€¦Daxā€¦weā€™d probably be in line for an ncaa bid right now if Mitchell was averaging about 15 mins. a game rather than 30.I love how you guys talk about loyalty to a guy whoā€™s been here 5 years. How about a guy whoā€™s sat out 2 years(Bennett) JUST TO HAVE 1 SHOT at a season here,starts the season with an injured hand,plays very well almost every time heā€™s inā€¦and has been relegated to less than 20 mins. a game for most of the year by a coach who insists on overplaying a guy whoā€¦FOR WHATEVER REASONSā€¦has lost a lot of his ability and a lot of his emotion and leadership. I donā€™t see anyone feeling sorry for Marcus.How frustrated do you think Curtis has gotten this year constantly being double and tripled by Mitchells man not guarding Mitch?Curt has a good shot at the pros.Donā€™t u think he would love to be in a position where we didnā€™t have to sweep the A-10 tourney to get to the big dance and allow Curtis to showcase his talents on a national stage?Every player has bad games,and most(like it or not)receive some criticism on hereā€¦yet they bounce back,suck it up,and fight thru those bad gamesā€¦EXCEPT YOUR BOY MITCH.If you think,Dax,that a ā€œtrueā€ fan is 1 who never criticizes his team or individual players,and is disloyal if they doā€¦I pity you when you head into the REAL WORLD. I will say,tho,as iā€™ve said a number of times before,that I blame Bobby as much for his hard-headed sticking with Mitch as I do Mitch for his totally uninspired play.I wonder if Bobbyā€™s thinking about how this year is kind of a personal disappointment for him,and is thinking about how he most likely wonā€™t be considered for 1 of the premiere openings at a major program(which he desperately wants). Kinda hard to get that shot when you canā€™t teach defense,or discipline on the court.

This is a pretty good thread, too bad the front page thread title doesnā€™t really show what weā€™re talking about here. A lot of valid points about #20ā€™s game are being made. Dax, you need to lighten up. This is an anonymous forum (supposedly), a chance for people to vent their frustrations.

One point I didnā€™t see made on here yet, though, were the two god-awful turnovers near half court while bringing the ball up, both of which allowed the Dukes to get back into the game. For everyone who talks about assist to turnover, those turnovers should have counted double against that ratio. There was a third, but Curt saved him by knocking the ball around and eventually picking it up.

Marcus Bennett is aggressive. He looks for his shot. He moves without the ball. He, most importantly, drives to the lane with pump fakes and dribble moves. Obviously he is not a point guard, and neither is Lee - in the true sense, but I do feel that our team is better with Lee, Marcus, DA, Curt and ā€œotherā€ on the court.

Positives you can take away from our play recently: Curtā€™s passing is really improving. It has always been good, but heā€™s finding those angles nicely. Also, his free throw shooting last night. (Please donā€™t do the wave when heā€™s on the line).

Curtā€™s getting as many APG as our PG recently. Says a lot. Bennett has been outstanding recently. Nice offensive display last night.

Back to the topic of they 8 minutes we played well. I watched last night game and could help but think about what this team would be like if we put Lee, DA, Marcus, Curtis and Nance all on the court and they were all clicking at once. That is 4 potential 25 point scorers and Nance can get a solid 10 or 12. I would love to see that group against anyone if they are clicking.

I think that is what caused most of the disappointment this season for me. I went into the year expecting much more from this team because when they are at their best they are all capable of so much. Look at the career highs highs for all of them including mitch and if we only had 3 out of the six on every game we should be able to beat just able anyone. Our problem has been for most of the games this year only one or two have been on and unfortunetely we have had several games with NO one on.

Daxā€¦I like you manā€¦and I wish we had more fans like you. I also like how when you have something that you feel is really heartfeltā€¦you always end your post by putting your name at the bottomā€¦Thats funny!

Mitch is a great human and has been a good niner. Glad we have had him on the team, but it is no secret that Mitchā€™s play has hurt us this year.

hahaha. yea i havenā€™t the slightest idea why i do that. i feel it might make me appear as more professional or something. i just hate it when people over analyze every single detail about our players. Also giving them ā€œadviceā€ to how they personally think the player can get better. It becomes redundant and iā€™m pretty sure not a single player listens to you unless you are friends with them. So critisizing there playing ability is fine and dandy but its pointless because no one on the team cares that you donā€™t like the way they play. Btw. An assist is an assist no matter how you look at it. Mitch still has to get the ball to a shooter and more often than none there is a guy with his hands in their faces. So do not get on mitchā€™s back about assist to turnover ratio thats one thing he has been consistant with.

Very hard to believe we were up by 18 at one point. DUH!

If Mitch is the problem, and people are blaming Bobby for keeping him in, tell him yourself.

bmlutz@email.uncc.edu

Baldwin is a nice kid from near my hometown. Doesnā€™t change the fact heā€™s not a D-1 caliber PG. He has all the athletic ability in the world, but he just isnā€™t a B-Ball player.

You would think in four years, if you wanted it bad enough, you could listen to coaches, work on your own, do something to develop an at least workable shot. Weā€™re playing 4 on 5 when heā€™s in the game. The other team doeanā€™t even try to guard him.

We should have cut his minutes in half 10-12 games ago. Let Goldwire play the point. I know heā€™s not a natural PG, but Mitch doesnā€™t give you much of anything.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;158127] Also giving them ā€œadviceā€ to how they personally think the player can get better. It becomes redundant and iā€™m pretty sure not a single player listens to you unless you are friends with them. So critisizing there playing ability is fine and dandy but its pointless because no one on the team cares that you donā€™t like the way they play. [/QUOTE]

Thank you dax, for contradicting yourself. If Mitch or other players donā€™t care then I guess you donā€™t need to call people out for being so hard on him? Right? I mean after all, he doesnā€™t care what we think and he isnā€™t going to listen to us. Why should he? Iā€™m not saying he should take the advice of fans and read whats on here , but I think it was YOU who posted that mitch reads these boards. If Mitch doesnā€™t want our criticism, advice, etc. Then, there is one simple solution to that problem. He doesnā€™t need to come read these boards.

That goes for any other player. Hell, why do you have message boards if you canā€™t voice your opinion (in a decent manner) of what you think about a game, player, or announce an event, etc.

Do you think I am thinking, OMG I might not want to post this about (insert name) because I donā€™t want him to get upset or mad. HELL NO, its easy as 123, if the player doesnā€™t want to take the criticism, then he shouldnā€™t be visiting these boards.

Iā€™m not saying that a player not be allowed to visit these boards. I think its a good place for players read some praise from the fans when they perform well. But, if your playing below standards, then I suggest a player not visit these boards. Because there will be criticism.

Almost everywhere in upper level competitve sports, you are going to find fans offer criticism when players or the team does bad and praise when players or the teams does good. Its just a part of sports, you gotta live with it.