For about 8 minutes tonight

We played like we knew what the hell we were doing, and good enough to win the A10 tournament.

Maybe we can play like that again in the future… for 40 minutes.

[B]For about 8 minutes....[/B] We played like we knew what the hell we were doing, and good enough to win the A10 tournament.
Then Mitchell came back in the game.

you guys are douche bags give him a break already. i’m really sick and tired of ya’ll giving our players crap. He reads all this negative crap that you post on here about him and believe it or not that takes away his confidence. NinerID I seriously had more respect for you. You and whomever else slams mitch are douchebags and need to be flogged. Word of advice don’t complain about our individual players. Complain about how the TEAM performed poorly do NOT single anyone out. I don’t care who you are and I don’t care if you do not agree with me. Word gets around to these guys and your negative posts take away from their spirits. I thought you guys were loyal to our team. I have been proven wrong by all the pointless belittling of our players.

Dax

If you have a problem with my view directly please PM or Email and i’ll be glad to complain to you in person because I stand by my beliefs and I still support the niners. Grow up guys and stop belittling our players.

But it was against a team that has only won 3 freakin ball games. Did anyone notify Bobby that we played a team that won 3 freakin ball games. this guy has got to go. I don’t know where, but just go.

i don’t even give a crap its still a damn game!!!

I’ll disagree with you right now.

Mitch is a nice guy and I haven’t heard anyone say anything bad about him personally, however he is hurting this basketball team. His unwillingness to go inside the free throw line is KILLING this team offensively. We have many sets where Mitch enters the ball to Curt from the elbow. Mitch’s defender then proceeds to turn completely around and begins to double down. Mitch then stands their with his hands out giving Curt no angle and knowing that he is not a good shooter.

If Mitch had some courage he would back cut his man knowing that he could get a layup or get fouled. However he has shown an unwillingness to take charge

Or how about when Mitch is being pressured full court, asking Curtis to bring the ball up the court for him. That is not what a senior PG should be expected to do. Heck I don’t see freshman PG doing that.

Or how about when Mitch is given the lane but doesn’t take it instead electing to pull the ball out and waste an opportunity to get a layup or a free throw. He literally had a wide open lane all during the 1st half and never once sought to penetrate.

Or how about when Mitch inexplicably throws the ball right in the hands of the defender because he is so anxious to get the ball out of his hands.

Or how about when Mitch sees a full court 2-2-1 defense and instead of dribbling the ball up through it, thus taking away the potential trap in the corners, he forces a pass which gets intercepted which allows the Dukes to cut it to 3.

I will say this one positive. Defensively he is a good on the ball defender. That is when he’s actually paying attention to his man. Late in the game I watched as he cheated so far off his man, that the Dukes bigmen set a double screen, the ball was rotated and his man nailed a 3 pointer.

These type of mistakes are crippling our basketball team. Mitch has to change something. He plays in a manner that puts his teammates in positions to make mistakes. He is the PG. His job is to make sure the offense is run efficiently and that he puts his teammates in positions to succeed. He can’t shuck that responsibility. If he doesn’t want that responsibility he should tell Coach that he is not comfortable in that role. Thats the bottom line.

PS If Mitch is coming on here reading this board, then he’s wasting time he could be using studying game films or shooting free throws. Or better yet he could learn from the criticisms.

do you actually think basketball players listen to us? they don’t give a rats butt what you think about their game. they listen to bobby and the assistant coaches. They see the negativity and are like wow our fans really don’t like us. Ninerfan1 you just proved my point about negative responses about our players. yeah he has dropped off a lot from last year. He’s never fully recovered from his shoulder and i think he is hesitant to drive to the lane and get fouled potentially injuring it worse. you guys lost faith in mitch last year.

Dax what i said was the truth. He came back in and they came back. look at our come back wins against fordham, Dayton, and Temple. We are best when he is on the bench. I am not saying anything personal against him, or saying anything that is far fetched. Facts are facts.

do you actually think basketball players listen to us? they don't give a rats butt what you think about their game. they listen to bobby and the assistant coaches. They see the negativity and are like wow our fans really don't like us. Ninerfan1 you just proved my point about negative responses about our players. yeah he has dropped off a lot from last year. He's never fully recovered from his shoulder and i think he is hesitant to drive to the lane and get fouled potentially injuring it worse. you guys lost faith in mitch last year.

What do you think the coaches tell him?

“Mitch don’t go anywhere inside the 3 point line!”

“Mitch you better not make a fast break layup!”

“Mitch don’t you dare try to make a play!”

Mitch is getting a full ride that is sponsored by the fans. The alumni who pay all those fees, the student tuition all this stuff is used to pay for their scholarships. The bottom line is that when the consumer (the fan) is not getting the quality he deserves he has the right to voice his opinion.

Nobody lost faith in Mitch last year. We lost faith when he came out this year after having the whole summer to recuperate and heal up and played tenative and emotionless. We used to see a sparkplug who wanted to get out and make plays who sometimes was a little reckless. The Team needs that player.

The reason we were picked so high is because more was expected from Mitch as well as from EJ. EJ is red shirting and Mitch has not played up to expectations. If he would give us 8 ppg, 5 apg, 3 rpg, 2 spg shoot 45% from the field, 30+% from the 3, 70%+ from the stripe, I guarantee you that nobody would complain as much. However its not just the stats (his A:TO ratio is high) but it’s the attitude. He plays too complacent, too content. If he had Withers mentality we wouldn’t be on the bubble.

For anyone interested, here are Mitch’s stats

MPG 32.3
PPG 4.8
RPG 3.1
APG 4.6
TOs 1.6
SPG 0.9
FG% 32.6
FT% 67.7
3P% 34.4

4.8 ppg doesn’t cut it when you are playing 32 mpg. Neither does .9 spg when you have his quickness and athleticism.

To note he averaged slighitly over 1 his sophomore year playing 20 mpg and 1.3 last year averaging just at 30 mpg. His shooting percentage was 46.8 and 77.4 although his 3p% was bad at 23

However his efficiency was much much higher. Last year he averaged 1.5 points per shot

This year only .98

OUCH!

We still shouldnt talk so much crap though. I mean maybe bobby shouldnt put him out there

Guys, give little Dax a break. He’s just pitiful that’s all. Have a heart. He unleashes a rant on here, calls people names, etc. What a fan.

You guys are going to have your wish soon there aren’t that many games left in the season.

but i do not bash our players franchise i’m sorry but you guys do suck. if you have a problem with me franchise please let me know.

Why are you flaming Dax? Its a forum, let him speak.

dax, hmmm, you appear to be threatening me I think. Dunno if that is condoned by the rules of the forum. That being said, since you are threatening others, I shall refrain from addressing you any further in this thread, at the risk of being banned. thanks for your support

not threatening you. i just said please let me know if you have a problem with me. no act of violence or any intention of violence was ever meant by that statement. i just like to know why people have beef with me.

All I think people are saying is that the PG position is the one position on the court where you and your team will not be successful if you are tentative and do not eventually become a leader. As a SENIOR PG, you must have a higher basketball IQ than that of younger players on your team, especially at the end of close games. If Mitch is playing scared for any reason (shoulder or lack of confidence), then he needs to spend more time sitting next to Bobby. I know these are just young men, but this is the harsh reality of Division 1 basketball. People are going to criticize you, and the players with heart will step up and attempt to prove their critics wrong. I would like to hope that Mitch would be that type of player, but so far he has shown me someone who has become more timid. You can’t have this from someone who is supposed to be one of the leaders of the team.

Agreed wholeheartedly with ice_cold49er. I really do like Mitchell as a player and he was a driver, had a decent shot and could dish the ball. The quickness is still there with the exception of the penetration. That injury appears to have made him more timid, as you stated. He is the catalyst on the floor so I hope he will step it up to the appropriate level during A 10 tournament.

[QUOTE=ninerID;157878]Dax what i said was the truth. He came back in and they came back. look at our come back wins against fordham, Dayton, and Temple. We are best when he is on the bench. I am not saying anything personal against him, or saying anything that is far fetched. Facts are facts.[/QUOTE]

Do we need to start another TRUTH REVOLUTION!!! LOL KTown we need you again, seems like another Truth Revolution needs to be started.

I don’t care what anyone says, As a fan I have the right to voice my opinion and I think Mitch’s play this year has SUCKED!!

Am I bashing Mitch? No
Am I assaulting his character? No.
Am I evaluating his play? Yes.

Dax, as a fan you have the right to break down a players peformance for a game, season, hal-season, a half, etc.

The TRUTH is that Mitch is supposed to run the point with intensity and not just stand at the 3pt line and let his man wonder off and double someone.

Now Mitch made some good plays tonite and his 3pters weren’t falling for him, but when a SENIOR PG can’t conduct an offense to break a press against a team that has 3 wins and is last place in the conference, then something is wrong.

I have seen how Bobby has wanted Mitch to play well all year. How he hasn’t turned his back on him. Hey, he shouldn’t. For all you people who say Bobby shouldn’t play Mitch, you should be ashamed. How about you be a coach and have a player come to you and stay 5 years and play for you. It just isn’t that easy to sit him down or bench him for an extended period of time.

I mean Mitch has been here a while. I’m not faulting Bobby for sticking with him. I think Mitch is a hell of a player and I’m expecting him to break out at any momment. The sad thing is (For which I can’t point out his problem) that Mitch has played like a freshman PG this year. His play would be something I would expect from Jerell Lewis, not from a player here 5 years.

Lastly Dax & others, you need to stop defending Mitch. If a 23 year old man can’t take criticism then that is just sad. Mitch isn’t a baby, he should be able to take the negativity. And if he actually does read this board, then he should be able to pick out what he isn’t doing right, because many people have posted his problems (and they are that clear).