"For the past few years, the Charlotte 49ers have dominated the rest of the A-10"

…in track. :biggrin:

Nice little article in the Dayton student paper…

http://www.flyernews.com/articles/volume/56/issue/26/id/4726/category/sports

...in track. :biggrin:

And in Baseball…

And in Baseball...

And in pretty much everything other than basketball.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;381334]And in pretty much everything other than basketball.[/QUOTE]
Actually, no we haven’t. Yes, doing well in baseball, women’s soccer, and running ( :biggrin: ), but that’s not exactly dominating the 16 sports sponsored by the A-10.

Actually, no we haven't. Yes, doing well in baseball, women's soccer, and running ( :biggrin: ), but that's not exactly dominating the 16 sports sponsored by the A-10.

You’re probably right. But I could have sworn reading an article in the preseason where we were picked to finish first in the conference in nearly every sport.

golf.

not volleyball

Nor women’s basketball.

We own in…let’s see…how many sports? At least 5. Not too shabby, considering some of those 16 you mentioned are rowing, lacrosse, and field hockey, none of which we have varsity teams for.

Nor women's basketball.

We own in…let’s see…how many sports? At least 5. Not too shabby, considering some of those 16 you mentioned are rowing, lacrosse, and field hockey, none of which we have varsity teams for.

Exactly…Charlotte does have the BEST overall athletic program in the A10 (excluding basketball—right now). We are at or near the top of the league almost every season in all of the other sports that we play, PERIOD!

[QUOTE=919R;381431]Exactly…Charlotte does have the BEST overall athletic program in the A10 (excluding basketball—right now). We are at or near the top of the league almost every season in all of the other sports that we play, PERIOD![/QUOTE]

I actually agree. We need to feature more the baseball program and not push for the basketball program to get more press or even be our signature sport. No one likes to be depressed and it’s hard not to get excited about our baseball program. Plus, you hear school’s are football schools or basketball schools, we’re the baseball school in my opinion! What are we looking at, now possibly 3 straight conference championships in baseball? Yeah baby!!

[QUOTE=919R;381431]Exactly…Charlotte does have the BEST overall athletic program in the A10 (excluding basketball—right now). We are at or near the top of the league almost every season in all of the other sports that we play, PERIOD![/QUOTE]

While I do think we have one of the top overall programs in the A-10, not sure we’re the best. Certainly not if you include men’s hoops and no way you can’t do that since that is THE signature sport for the conference. Anyway, just my 2 cents…

While I do think we have one of the top overall programs in the A-10, not sure we're the best. Certainly not if you include men's hoops and no way you can't do that since that is THE signature sport for the conference. Anyway, just my 2 cents...

Well, if you include mens BBall, in our first 3years we’ve finished 2nd, what 8-9th, and 4th. While not what we expect, its not like we finished 13th all 3 years either (and no I don’t think we’ll finish that low this year either—even though we almost certainly will finish worse than we ever have in the A10). …In any case, I still say we have the best OVERALL athletics program in the A10…my OTHER 2 cents…

91R, there used to an annual Commissioner’s Cup in the A-10, but 2005 seems to be the last year it was awarded. Not sure why they stopped, but perhaps McGlade will bring it back. (BTW, Richmond won it in 2004 and 2005.)

one of the stupidest things ever posted on this board was that we would dominate the a10 in basketball.

one of the stupidest things ever posted on this board was that we would dominate the a10 in basketball.

Darn. That makes alotta people stupid…

[QUOTE=BobbyLutz;381460]I actually agree. We need to feature more the baseball program and not push for the basketball program to get more press or even be our signature sport. No one likes to be depressed and it’s hard not to get excited about our baseball program. Plus, you hear school’s are football schools or basketball schools, we’re the baseball school in my opinion! What are we looking at, now possibly 3 straight conference championships in baseball? Yeah baby!![/QUOTE]

i wouldnt say we are a baseball school. we choked in the tournament last year and compete in a conference that stinks in baseball. basketball will probably always be our signature sport. if anything, we are a golf school.

We should dominate all of the Spring sports in the conference. We’re the only school that can hold an outdoor practice before Easter!

[QUOTE=gotLutz;381545]Darn. That makes alotta people stupid…[/QUOTE]it sure does. me included. we were too stupid to know how stupid we were at the time.

[QUOTE=BobbyLutz;381460]I actually agree. We need to feature more the baseball program and not push for the basketball program to get more press or even be our signature sport. No one likes to be depressed and it’s hard not to get excited about our baseball program. Plus, you hear school’s are football schools or basketball schools, we’re the baseball school in my opinion! What are we looking at, now possibly 3 straight conference championships in baseball? Yeah baby!![/QUOTE]

Long Beach State, Cal State Fullerton, Rice… I can keep going.