Former Butler (NC) & Tennessee QB Riley Ferguson transferring to Charlotte?

Lemay’s qb from butler Riley ferguson is transferring from Tennessee

“Jones said he wasn’t able to speculate on the reasoning behind Ferguson’s departure, other than possibly Ferguson’s desire to be closer to home.”

We may have a shot.

http://247sports.com/Player/Riley-Ferguson-2035

He’s got a tattoo of the Charlotte “Crown” on his arm. Hopefully he is really homesick.

A Johnson, Ferguson, and Barden QB battle would be interesting. Johnson’s to lose I would guess.

May not mean much, but this was just posted by a UT Sports talk radio host.

As well as a UT blogger. Who knows how reliable these sources are, but it makes sense.

Ferguson would be a damn good get at QB.

Swain is normally reliable, and I can’t overstate how huge this would be. :o . He is a SEC caliber top notch QB.

Wow, the comments in the first article indicate that Vol fans expected him to be their starter. This is huge. So he red-shirted last year, now what?

[quote=“Nugget, post:8, topic:28835”]Wow, the comments in the first article indicate that Vol fans expected him to be their starter. This is huge. So he red-shirted last year, now what?[/quote]He’ll have to sit a year, so he’d be eligible for three years. Same situation as Lemay.

Many started hating the kid when guys like me cut and pasted (sp?) quotes from Butch, VQ and others that Riley was splitting Team 1 reps with Worley the last week of Spring practice and that he has the strongest arm of the 4 QBs

…from VolNation board.

Nice… while we are at it, lets get some DT or OT transfers…

[quote=“s9er, post:11, topic:28835”]Nice… while we are at it, lets get some DT or OT transfers…[/quote]This.

Right now, if we actually got Ferguson, I feel good about our passing game. Between Ferguson and Barden and the solid crop of receivers, the passing game should definitely be a strength. I feel pretty good about the running game as well.

Desperately need more on the defensive side of the ball, especially on the line though. Getting some size from BCS programs would be nice.

Sounds like we’ve got a strong shot, but sounds like this is not yet official, correct?

is it being hinted at anywhere that he is coming here or are we just speculating? i know he wants to play closer to home, which could favor us, but it could also mean duke or nc state.

is it being hinted at anywhere that he is coming here or are we just speculating? i know he wants to play closer to home, which could favor us, but it could also mean duke or nc state.[/quote]Or App.

His brother is on the team and he apparently has taken classes or something like that at the school. I’d say we’re probably the likely landing spot, but I won’t get my hopes up until it becomes official.

Nothing’s official, it’s all speculation from the Tennessee folks but most are thinking he’ll end up here. Here’s the thread at volnation,

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/219178-riley-ferguson-appears-gone-35.html

I’m trying not to get too excited either, but he has the potential to be a program defining player. It would just be incredible if he ended up here.

[i]"Tony…was told two days ago of the possible Riley Ferguson transfer via his grandfather who lives here in the Tri-Cities area - Blountville, TN. Riley has been influenced by a former Matthews High School teammate - Uriah Lemay - a former four-star WR recruit who just two weeks ago announced his transfer from Georgia. Lemay’s announcement came on the heels of a March arrests along with three Bulldog teammates for theft by deception. I’m being told that Lemay and Ferguson have contrived a plan to reunite at the University of Charlotte. It’s also interesting to note that Lemay’s older brother Christian, also announced his transfer from Georgia after last season and in January indicated he would enroll at Jacksonville State. Christian Lemay was the starting QB at Matthews ahead of Ferguson until Lemay got into trouble and Ferguson took over in his sophomore season. The Ferguson family wanted to meet with Coach Butch Jones before a final decision was made, but it sounds as if Riley is determined in his decision and if a meeting occurs, it will only be for the Ferguson family to ask for a release, which Jones has already told them he will not grant. Ferguson’s grandfather and the rest of the family are not in agreement with the decision and the grandfather said he was ‘going to Knoxville to kick Riley’s ass.’

…and forgot to add…Riley’s brother Zach is WR at Charlotte. You probably knew all this but I’d sat on it for two days and was about to bust. Keep up the good work…lots of listeners and growing in the Tri-Cities."[/i]

Coaches who don’t sign releases are twats.

clt highly endorses this.

If we can pull this kid, it will be a huge recruiting tool especially along the o-line.