Former ECU QB transfers to Charlotte

I bet several QBā€™s are not on full ride. I think McNeil is actually for his grades instead of football. Some may even be walk-onā€™s just to try to see what happens.

Donā€™t see a down side to this.

Good. The 3 transfers battle it out and Barden and recruit can wait. Maybe they will be ready in 2017. This is the expection in FBS football until a legit starter is found.

Johnson becomes a H-back not sure where you move the other 2015 QBs. Can Barden catch? McNeil should try to transfer to good academic D-II school can get a grad degree.

[quote=ā€œ4ever niner, post:18, topic:30111ā€][quote=ā€œ49er1, post:17, topic:30111ā€]Pardon my confusion, but this makes no sense to me. When I try to logically think it through, I can only guess weā€™re getting serious about getting a better QB, let the transfers happen (encourage some?), and have some play other positions. What Iā€™d REALLY like is an official honest explanation from Lambert about why weā€™re stockpiling QBs.
Iā€™m not holding my breath. In fact, not being informed is really annoying, given the blood, sweat, and tears (and $) Iā€™ve put into our football program.[/quote] QB is often the best athlete on his high school team and can be trained to play other positions. Not hard to figure out, really. If you have a QB playing, for example, a wide out; you can always plug him back in to the QB position in an emergency (e.g. a rash of injuries)[/quote]

For example, Tank was a a qb in hs. He had never played db until he came here.

Iā€™d leave Matt in the role he played last year. Get three tough yards, or throw deep to Duke, or that little waggle throw to Murphy.

Keith has 1 year left, eligible in the Fall.

Iā€™d leave Matt in the role he played last year. Get three tough yards, or throw deep to Duke, or that little waggle throw to Murphy.[/quote]

I appreciate all his hard work but I donā€™t need to see Matt throw another pass. What was his pass to interception ratio last year? One of the transfer QBs should be able to get Duke the ball down field. Johnson should become our Brad Hoover.

Iā€™d leave Matt in the role he played last year. Get three tough yards, or throw deep to Duke, or that little waggle throw to Murphy.[/quote]

I appreciate all his hard work but I donā€™t need to see Matt throw another pass. What was his pass to interception ratio last year? One of the transfer QBs should be able to get Duke the ball down field. Johnson should become our Brad Hoover.[/quote]

1. his deep ball wasnā€™t intercepted last season.
  2. you have to think heā€™ll throw or they stack the box on him.

[quote=ā€œ49er1, post:17, topic:30111ā€]Pardon my confusion, but this makes no sense to me. When I try to logically think it through, I can only guess weā€™re getting serious about getting a better QB, let the transfers happen (encourage some?), and have some play other positions. What Iā€™d REALLY like is an official honest explanation from Lambert about why weā€™re stockpiling QBs.
Iā€™m not holding my breath. In fact, not being informed is really annoying, given the blood, sweat, and tears (and $) Iā€™ve put into our football program.[/quote]

Weā€™re turning into a real college football team. Thatā€™s all. Get all of the talent you can, and if youā€™re not good enough, then youā€™re not good enough. Survival of the fittest is the way that we get the best man, and the rest can transfer or play on the practice squad. I for one am glad weā€™re not settling for the crap play we had out of the position last year. We would have had 4 or 5 wins if we had even a serviceable QB. Thank you Matt and Lee for getting us started, but we are at a higher level than your talent now.

Think of it this way. Itā€™s like the chubby chick you dated in high school, and you took each others V card. She lost weight, turned hot, and left you for a much more attractive guy. Sheā€™ll always have a love for you because you were her first, but she is now out of your league. Sorry Matt and Lee. Itā€™s true. This team and the competition we are playing are out of your league now. We will, however, always have a little corner or our hearts for you. Now letā€™s go win some damn football gamesā€¦GO NINERS!!!

[quote=ā€œSubmarley734, post:31, topic:30111ā€][quote=ā€œ49er1, post:17, topic:30111ā€]Pardon my confusion, but this makes no sense to me. When I try to logically think it through, I can only guess weā€™re getting serious about getting a better QB, let the transfers happen (encourage some?), and have some play other positions. What Iā€™d REALLY like is an official honest explanation from Lambert about why weā€™re stockpiling QBs.
Iā€™m not holding my breath. In fact, not being informed is really annoying, given the blood, sweat, and tears (and $) Iā€™ve put into our football program.[/quote]

Weā€™re turning into a real college football team. Thatā€™s all. Get all of the talent you can, and if youā€™re not good enough, then youā€™re not good enough. Survival of the fittest is the way that we get the best man, and the rest can transfer or play on the practice squad. I for one am glad weā€™re not settling for the crap play we had out of the position last year. We would have had 4 or 5 wins if we had even a serviceable QB. Thank you Matt and Lee for getting us started, but we are at a higher level than your talent now.

Think of it this way. Itā€™s like the chubby chick you dated in high school, and you took each others V card. She lost weight, turned hot, and left you for a much more attractive guy. Sheā€™ll always have a love for you because you were her first, but she is now out of your league. Sorry Matt and Lee. Itā€™s true. This team and the competition we are playing are out of your league now. We will, however, always have a little corner or our hearts for you. Now letā€™s go win some damn football gamesā€¦GO NINERS!!![/quote]

Nice analogy. Iā€™m glad to see the staff addressing our primary needs in the off seasons. Last year the DC and this year the QBs.

Iā€™m thinking it will be Olsenā€™s job to loose even though I have not seen a single snap. Just based on hype which sometimes goes a looong way. Johnson would be good in a wild cat formation (do we even run that?) or as the H back like everyone has mentioned. Lee has a great future ahead of him outside of the football field and Brooksā€¦ donā€™t know if heā€™ll see the field in the fall. If he does that may not be good news for the team.

Not quite sure why everyone has given up on a RS Freshman QB that essentially saw 33% of the snaps this year. I know we live in a microwave society but you have to give players time to develop.

Keith had a couple big injuries, need to see where he is health wise.

The good news is we have a legit competition for the starting job this year.

Iā€™m not sure how high on the depth chart Keith will be, but its always nice to have competition. Heā€™s been in ECUā€™s program for 4 years and that experience is good (heā€™ll be 25 when football season starts), but he has seen very limited playing time in his 3 years of eligibility.

Not quite sure why everyone has given up on a RS Freshman QB that essentially saw 33% of the snaps this year. I know we live in a microwave society but you have to give players time to develop.[/quote]

I havent. I almost replied when I first saw that remark - Brooks is very likely the last man remaining from last yearā€™s crop - but heā€™ll be given a shot.

This isnā€™t weird either - itā€™s what most programs do. They bring in about 3 legit talents and the hope is that someone wins the job outright through consistently better play, but the other guys show enough skill to be backups/understudies, until they get their shot. Hopefully, thatā€™s what we have here.

Interesting. Iā€™m guessing I donā€™t want my season ticket near the dad.

Very interesting about his family, their business, wealth and influence. I see Keith Corp signs all over the place. You have the Olsens and the Keiths and their sons battling for the starting QB spot with 1 and 2 yrs of eligibility remaining. Spring practices and the Spring game are going to be very intriguing.

Interesting. Iā€™m guessing I donā€™t want my season ticket near the dad.[/quote]

OH MY GOD!!! Say it ainā€™t so!! I remember this kid/story. NONONONONO! I canā€™t believe he ended up here. I remember thinking what a colossal PRICK this father and the family must be. I am NOT telling my wife as she was more disgusted by them than I was, and when she finds out sheā€™s going to have one more reason to be pissed about my love of sports. Anywhoā€¦ I have a personal friend whoā€™s close to this story, so Iā€™ll check it out further with him. I donā€™t think I like thisā€¦ ??? :-\