Former ECU QB transfers to Charlotte

Wow, weā€™re a bit QB heavy now.

[quote=ā€œ2k, post:1, topic:30111ā€]Ross Smith @rossmith
Former @ECUPiratesFB QB @Codykeith12 has transferred to the @Charlotte49erFB program.[/quote]

Another one? We have gone from no QBs to quite the collection.

[quote=ā€œ49RFootballNow, post:2, topic:30111ā€]Wow, weā€™re a bit QB heavy now.[/quote]well, we didnā€™t really have any QBs on the roster this year, so Iā€™m not sure that is true.

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/49297/injury-plagued-qb-keith-leaves-ecu-football-team/

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cody_keith_748534.html

Brother-in-law is Webb Simpson

I see what weā€™re doing, sign every player that is a quarterback, that way there is none left for the competitionā€¦nice.

5-QB rotationā€¦ ::slight_smile:

clt says this is good.

Competition at QB is a great thing and will make sure no one stops working.

We are working to ensure we have no less than 5 QBs in the game rotation. Throw a touchdown? Take a seat, because on the next offensive drive, you are benched.

Interesting back story on him.

We had 0 QBs last season, so iā€™m okay with an influx of QBs.

This makes me think two things.

1. Some of these QBs are going to play other positions.

2. Some of our current QBs are leaving.

Wouldnā€™t this give is 7 on the roster.

1. Johnson
  2. McNeil
  3. Barden
  4. Klugh
  5. Olson
  6. Keith
  7. The freshman from stone mountain, canā€™t remember his name off hand

2-3 would play some other position. receiver, H-back, RB >>>>>>

Pardon my confusion, but this makes no sense to me. When I try to logically think it through, I can only guess weā€™re getting serious about getting a better QB, let the transfers happen (encourage some?), and have some play other positions. What Iā€™d REALLY like is an official honest explanation from Lambert about why weā€™re stockpiling QBs.
Iā€™m not holding my breath. In fact, not being informed is really annoying, given the blood, sweat, and tears (and $) Iā€™ve put into our football program.

[quote=ā€œ49er1, post:17, topic:30111ā€]Pardon my confusion, but this makes no sense to me. When I try to logically think it through, I can only guess weā€™re getting serious about getting a better QB, let the transfers happen (encourage some?), and have some play other positions. What Iā€™d REALLY like is an official honest explanation from Lambert about why weā€™re stockpiling QBs.
Iā€™m not holding my breath. In fact, not being informed is really annoying, given the blood, sweat, and tears (and $) Iā€™ve put into our football program.[/quote] QB is often the best athlete on his high school team and can be trained to play other positions. Not hard to figure out, really. If you have a QB playing, for example, a wide out; you can always plug him back in to the QB position in an emergency (e.g. a rash of injuries)

[quote=ā€œGassman, post:15, topic:30111ā€]This makes me think two things.

1. Johnson
  2. McNeil
  3. Barden
  4. Klugh
  5. Olson
  6. Keith
  7. The freshman from stone mountain, canā€™t remember his name off hand[/quote]

MCNeill and Johnson should be graduating in May. I could see one or both going elsewhere as a 5th year grad student.

[quote=ā€œGassman, post:15, topic:30111ā€]This makes me think two things.

1. Johnson
  2. McNeil
  3. Barden
  4. Klugh
  5. Olson
  6. Keith
  7. The freshman from stone mountain, canā€™t remember his name off hand[/quote]

I would expect Johnson to move to fullback.