FOXSports.com's Change-of-Conference Winners

Yoni Cohen over here at FOXSports.com says Charlotte is one of the big winners in the conference re-alignments. But it does mention a bit of a catch. Can’t there ever just be good news, and not some-good and some-bad? Decent pub though for sure…
-G-

The link:
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/4985688

“Bobby Lutz, Charlotte
The 49ers’ transfer into the Atlantic 10 elevates Lutz from groupie to rock star. After toiling for years in the shadow of Huggins, Calipari, and Pitino, Bobby should establish the national reputation he has long deserved. In directing Charlotte to four NCAA tournament appearances in five years, Lutz has, to those in the know, branded himself as both a talented recruiter and an able Xs and Os bench coach. Importantly, Charlotte could not have chosen a better year to make the jump. Courtesy of Curtis Withers and a strong supporting cast, the 49ers are primed to battle George Washington for the league title. In the long term, however, Bobby’s newfound superiority may prove to be a mixed blessing for the 49ers. If Lutz finally becomes a national figure, he’ll fly the coop … but only after Charlotte signee and Class of 2007 star Mike Beasley does the same (for the NBA).”

BOOOO!!! :cuss:

I am so tired of reading “positive” reviews of Bobby in which they talk about his eventual “flying of the coop”.

Cant’ we just go one year without speaking of the inevitable?

Phil Martelli has been a “national” figure in the A-10 for years and hasn’t “flown the coop”. Dumb ass writers.

[i]Originally posted by lake49er[/i]@Oct 18 2005, 05:15 PM [b] Phil Martelli has been a "national" figure in the A-10 for years and hasn't "flown the coop". Dumb ass writers. [/b]
Good point. I believe Temple also has a certain coach that's been around forever without flying the coop.
[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER+Oct 18 2005, 11:05 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Over40NINER @ Oct 18 2005, 11:05 PM)

Why does every sportswriter think Beasley will never play college ball anywhere.

He must play at least one year!!!

Why wouldn’t he play for the school he committed to?

Happy, my interpretation from that statement is that Lutz and Beasley would both spend a year here together and then fly the coop.

Cohen mentions a certain former Niner in the section about New Mexico State…

[b]Think talented Pepperdine guard Shaun Davis, versatile Kansas State guard Fred Peete, promising Utah forward Justin Hawkins, and [b]upside-heavy Charlotte center Martin Iti[/b] would have transferred to New Mexico State had the Aggies scheduled games against Arkansas State and South Alabama?[/b]

Upside-heavy? Say what?! :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER+Oct 19 2005, 12:05 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Over40NINER @ Oct 19 2005, 12:05 AM)