Free Throws.

Something has to be done about our free throw shooting. Lutz needs to come up with something… spend one entire practice a week shooting free throws maybe. I have heard that he makes all players make 40/50 before leaving practice. Apparently that isn’t working. Free throws win (or lose in our case) close games. We will never be a top 25 team shooting less than 50% from the free throw line.

We blew a 15+ point lead to an inferior team playing their first game on our home court. As bad as we played in the second half, we still could have won the game easily if we would have even shot 50% from the line. I haven’t picked up a basketball in 6 months, but I can go to the gym right now and make 6/10 FTs.

This is one of those losses that we will be looking back on in March when we get seeded lower than we feel like we should be.

[b]This is one of those losses that we will be looking back on in March when we get seeded lower than we feel like we should be.[/b]

That was the first thing I said to my girlfriend tonight. This is one of those games we will all look back and shake our head.

FT’s were the difference. We hit half of them, we win.

Rutgers is not as good as us, but they are not a garbage team. They’re well coached by a guy that owns Lutz, they play hard and they have great guard play.

They are not better than us, but tonight, with a little help from us, they were.

We’ll rebound. At least we better.

[b] FT's were the difference. We hit half of them, we win.[/b]

Amen!

[b]We'll rebound. At least we better.[/b]

I think we will. I expect a huge win over Valpo. I see this game as a wake up call for this team.

I agree about the seeding. Rutgers is a respectable team but they are a team that the committee expects us to beat on our home court. It’s nights like tonight that put us in the position of sweating it out on Selection Sunday and winding up in that dreaded 8/9 spot. No offense to Rutgers but we are a better team than they are. And we simply MUST protect our homecourt when we play a team like that. When you lose to teams at home that you’re supposed to beat, then be prepared to reflect back on the loss when come March, some of you are griping “No way we should have been only a 9 seed!!!” Tonight is precisely why we always find ourselves in that situation.

IF this 10-26 crap keeps up, we’ll more likely be worried if we are a 12 or 11 seed and making it in.

Teams that shoot 38% FTs do NOT, nor should they, go to the Sweet 16 ever, in ANY year. The real sad thing is if we had shot JUST 50% for this game we would have WON!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: