Friday's Observer: Fowler, Utter

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;283019]Transferred.[/QUOTE]

This is indeed correct. That’s why he sat out a year. They are UL-Lafayette now.

So KP doesn’t count either.

Gotta say that our best JUCOs of the last decade have been Colson (who himself played a season at URI), Galen, James Zimmerman, and Cam Stephens (played a season at Purdue). I believe Versile Shaw was a JUCO too, but due to injuries, he never made the impact those guys did. Was Marlon Thomas a JUCO?

[QUOTE=metro;283031]alright this is bugging me, let me email Real49er or Priderewards and get correct answer.[/QUOTE]

KP was a transfer, not a JUCO. I’m 100% sure on this.

[QUOTE=HP49er;283037]Shredder and the foot clan silenced Real.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

The bad ninjas got Real.

[QUOTE=HP49er;283056]The bad ninjas got Real.[/QUOTE]

Will you two stop speaking in code!

Edit: Ok, I got it, thanks NA.

Coaching change prompted KP to transfer. I think Butch Pierre was responsible for bringing him in along with Kedrick Smith and Charles Hayward, right?

[QUOTE=NLP;283070]Coaching change prompted KP to transfer. I think Butch Pierre was responsible for bringing him in along with Kedrick Smith and Charles Hayward, right?[/QUOTE]

I believe he was our Louisiana Connection.

I believe it is harder to find impact JUCO players as compared to the 90s due to the increased popularity of Prep Schools. Now most kids who look like they won’t qualify prep for a year and qualify instead of 2 years at a JUCO.

[QUOTE=BleednGreen;283040]KP was a transfer, not a JUCO. I’m 100% sure on this.[/QUOTE]
Yes, as NA point out, he began at Southwestern Louisiana, now ULL. Of course, they wanted to change the name of the school to just the University of Louisiana, but LSU objected! Which makes me think of the time when NC State was changed to UNC at Raleigh. That lasted for about 10 minutes! :tongue:

The UL-L thing is so political.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;283099]The UL-L thing is so political.[/QUOTE]
I went to a conference at ULL (then Southwestern) during my time in Louisiana back in the late 80s. Lafayette is definitely the de-facto capital of Cajun Country! I remember my first encounter with a Cajun – I couldn’t understand a damn thing he said! Of course, had the same thing happen to me during a stop at a fast-food place in Wisconsin as well! :biggrin:

not sure when UL-L changed their name from SWL St, but I am positive Kelvin did not play there. It was a juco called SW Louisianna.

Had Kelvin transferred from D1, he would of sat a year. He played from day 1.

Wrong. KP Sat out a year. He was indeed a Rajun Cajin before coming here!

Yes, as NA point out, he began at Southwestern Louisiana, now ULL. Of course, they wanted to change the name of the school to just the University of Louisiana, but LSU objected! Which makes me think of the time when NC State was changed to UNC at Raleigh. That lasted for about 10 minutes! :tongue:

As who pointed out?

:smile:

[QUOTE=919R;283110]As who pointed out?

:smile:[/QUOTE]
Oops! :huh:

My apologies!!!

Ok, damnit, which one was it? :lmao:

Quick! one of you jump up on wikipedia and adjust any article about him to display your answer!

Wrong. KP Sat out a year. He was indeed a Rajun Cajin before coming here!
guess I gotta concede that. For whatever reason, I think most Niner fans thought he was a juco guy.

[QUOTE=metro;283115]guess I gotta concede that.
For whatever reason, I think most Niner fans thought he was a juco guy.[/QUOTE]

I did, I didn’t remember him sitting out either. Run corrected me last time.

I was thinking the same thing that NA pointed out - I don’t know if I could name more of two or three JUCOs that started off as well as Coley and Mack have. Both have been absolutely amazing this year.

[URL=http://www.salisburypost.com/sports/47600460066874.php][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][U]Salisbury Post Article on Lutz' sister[/U][/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Wow…