Future NINERS in the Shrine Bowl

http://shrine-bowl.com/2014/12/16/final-roster-for-78th-shrine-bowl-of-the-carolinas/

Cameron Clark, Nate Mullen, and Akease Rankin

Rivals has interviews with all 3 of these guys:

https://charlotte.rivals.com/default.asp

Looks like Clark will graduate and enroll here in January to participate in Spring practice.

Some photos of Rankin in the Observer’s album today:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/12/17/5391192/photo-gallery-12-17-171047.html

[ul][li]
[/li]
[li]
[/li]
[li]
[/li][/ul]

I should probably know this already but what happened with Lyons? I was told he didn’t dress out for the State Title game. Is he hurt?

Didn’t realize how big Rankin was. Dude is a tank. Can’t wait to see what our strength and conditioning program does for him.

I wonder how much we will see of Rankin. He’s in a backfield with a UT commit and a FSU commit.

BTW, Here is where you can watch the game.

[font=Droid Sans][size=13px]Once again the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas will be aired live on the Watch ESPN App and re-aired on ESPN U.[/size][/font]
[font=Droid Sans][/size][size=13px]Broadcast Times:[/size][/font]
[font=Droid Sans][/size][size=13px]December 26, 2014 – 7:00 p.m.[/size][/font]
[font=Droid Sans][/size][size=13px]December 28, 2014 – 12:00 p.m.[/size][/font]
[font=Droid Sans][/size][size=13px]January 9, 2015 – 4:00 p.m.[/size][/font]

Wish we could get this kid (Reid). The lineman leveret is really good as well.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:6, topic:29257”]I wonder how much we will see of Rankin. He’s in a backfield with a UT commit and a FSU commit.

BTW, Here is where you can watch the game.

[font=Droid Sans][size=13px]Once again the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas will be aired live on the Watch ESPN App and re-aired on ESPN U.[/size][/font]
[font=Droid Sans][/size][size=13px]Broadcast Times:[/size][/font]
[font=Droid Sans][/size][size=13px]December 26, 2014 – 7:00 p.m.[/size][/font]
[font=Droid Sans][/size][size=13px]December 28, 2014 – 12:00 p.m.[/size][/font]
[font=Droid Sans][/size][size=13px]January 9, 2015 – 4:00 p.m.[/size][/font][/quote]

Rankin led all NC running backs with 37 yards on 7 carries. He looked just as good as the rest of the backs, and that is pretty impressive when you consider the hype that Frasier and Reid have gotten. Frasier has been ranked as the #1 RB in the country by 247.

Rankin also caught a pass for 13 yards. He really has the potential to be a big time player. Let’s hope we can hold on to this kid until signing day.

Remember when we discussed hosting this game @ the Rich? It makes so much sense due to central border location and timing (no schedule conflicts).

I’d love to see it, and see it broadcast live.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:9, topic:29257”]Remember when we discussed hosting this game @ the Rich? It makes so much sense due to central border location and timing (no schedule conflicts).

I’d love to see it, and see it broadcast live.[/quote]

Been there done that many years previously in Charlotte. Not enough people care anymore here. That’s why it moved to SC.

Mullen was a kick/ punt returner and had 1 catch for 14 yards.

49er1, I agree. Since the Panthers have come to town, the Shrine Bowl really lost it’s luster in Charlotte. as much as I would love to see it in our Stadium, that game is best in a place that will embrace the game and make it a big deal.

From FB:
The future Niners did well in the Shrine Bowl on Saturday. RB Akease Rankin led all NC RBs with 36 yards on 7 carries. He also had a reception for 13 yards. WR Nate Mullen had 1 reception for 14 yards. NC lost to SC 21-12. Here are some photos of Rankin, Mullen, and OL Cameron Clark.
http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery…

Have we completed our recruiting class for this year? I was not sure if we were still after some JUCO’s or late pickups. I thought I saw where we were finished.

I think we are done with HS guys. We went after 3 UAB guys but 2 have signed elsewhere. We are after a JUCO D-lineman.

I think we are done with HS guys. We went after 3 UAB guys but 2 have signed elsewhere. We are after a JUCO D-lineman.[/quote]
Not sure about that. I only saw us going after 2 UAB guys (Milligan and Morris) and I THINK only Morris has signed elsewhere. Did I miss something more?

I think we are done with HS guys. We went after 3 UAB guys but 2 have signed elsewhere. We are after a JUCO D-lineman.[/quote]
Not sure about that. I only saw us going after 2 UAB guys (Milligan and Morris) and I THINK only Morris has signed elsewhere. Did I miss something more?[/quote]

I saw that we were going after 3 on the rivals site and from David Scott. 2 of the 3 have visited that I know of. One was a RB, and I guess once we signed Young, RB was no longer a need. Only one that I think we are still after is Milligan.

Not sure about that. I only saw us going after 2 UAB guys (Milligan and Morris) and I THINK only Morris has signed elsewhere. Did I miss something more?[/quote]

I saw that we were going after 3 on the rivals site and from David Scott. 2 of the 3 have visited that I know of. One was a RB, and I guess once we signed Young, RB was no longer a need. Only one that I think we are still after is Milligan.
[/quote]Correct, hopefully we can land him. Need a replacement for Cooper.

I saw that we were going after 3 on the rivals site and from David Scott. 2 of the 3 have visited that I know of. One was a RB, and I guess once we signed Young, RB was no longer a need. Only one that I think we are still after is Milligan.[/quote]
The only thing I saw from David about UAB players listed just the 2. Where did he say 3? Who was the other besides Milligan and Morris?

I saw that we were going after 3 on the rivals site and from David Scott. 2 of the 3 have visited that I know of. One was a RB, and I guess once we signed Young, RB was no longer a need. Only one that I think we are still after is Milligan.[/quote]
The only thing I saw from David about UAB players listed just the 2. Where did he say 3? Who was the other besides Milligan and Morris?[/quote]It was a RB.