FYI: UNCC assistant called TN newspaper

I read that an assistant with a high profile school called the local newspaper and said that his boss is definitely interested in the UT job.

Today I was checking out the UT message board and one poster said that it was one of Lutz’s assistants that made the call.

I know it’s just rumor, etc but where there is smoke there is fire.

Hope you beat NC State. I wish UAB would’ve been paired up against UAT.

Sucks that we can’t enjoy the NCAA tourney without all of this coaching speculation.

Right now it seems like it’s either Lutz, Anderson, or Marshall (Winthrop coach).

[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Mar 15 2005, 06:31 PM [b] I read that an assistant with a high profile school called the local newspaper and said that his boss is definitely interested in the UT job.

Today I was checking out the UT message board and one poster said that it was one of Lutz’s assistants that made the call.

I know it’s just rumor, etc but where there is smoke there is fire. [/b]

This would be very disheartening. :ph34r: Especially with the potential effect it would have on recruits who have already signed/verballed. Not to mention that I like Lutz and would like him here for a loooooong time.

Didn’t all this talk about him possibly leaving come once we were ranked? If so, it sucks to have been ranked

If that’s true that assistant coaches are calling then I am little pissed. Focus on your team and beating NC State.

I hate that this issue keeps coming up, but apparently there are some facts behind it. If I was a coach I’d much rather play SEC teams every year than Rhode Island and St. Bonaventure.

Also it means that we probably wouldn’t get Beasley if Lutz left.

[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Mar 15 2005, 07:31 PM [b] I read that an assistant with a high profile school called the local newspaper and said that his boss is definitely interested in the UT job.

[/b]

I find it hard to believe that any of or coaching staff are taking away from state and UCONN preperation.

UPDATE:
They think they are getting bobby knight.

Guys, that is the craziest thing that I have ever heard. Why would an assist. coach call for Bobby?

The newspaper reported it but didn’t give any names so someone out there did it which I think is borderline insane.

The Vol fans just seem to think that Lutz’s assistant is the one that called. Probably just internet rumor but I would be pissed off if one of our assistants did it.

Anyone could call in and say they were assistant coach _____________. I don’t believe any coach would do something like that either, at Charlotte or anywhere else for that matter.

Maybe every college sports fan in the state of Tennessee is delusional. :lol:

It was me, I called. I also sold roids to McGwire and was molested by Michael Jackson.

Shame on me.

and why would they call the newspaper? that makes no sense at all. if it really happened there are serious problems with the staff from what ever school did it.

I think a NC State Fan called or whatever to toss us off guard. Good news Im sure the coach and players are focusing on the game!!!