Game recap/boxscore

And one more thing.

Dā€™Angeloā€¦

[SIZE=6]PASS THE DANG BALL!!![/SIZE]

Truth.

Demon Jr. is trying a little too hard to be ā€œthe man.ā€

I agree. I was impressed that he can step back and take that jumper, but it wasnā€™t consistent enough, and there are other guys on the team. And we need to involve them so they know what a basketball is next year. Nice that he can shoot it, but more assists all around please!

[QUOTE=run49er;198429]Lefty, I donā€™ t understand why the NIT games would affect our scheduling since we are NOT in the NIT field![/QUOTE]

HP provided the info on Athletic Dept involvement in the NIT, plus I donā€™t think they wanted the conflict with other games in town.

Hereā€™s how the schedule looked before the changes (I mispoke earlier. UNCA is was the original home opener with Hofstra here this Wed, NT was added later:

Friday, November 10 - UNC Asheville
Wednesday, November 15 - Hofstra
Wednesday, November 22 - at Syracuse
Saturday, November 25 - Georgia State

Iā€™m sure Lutz has taken notice of the assist issue. Hopefully he will make some changes before we go to Syracuse.

Ok, so Iā€™ve finished that year and here it goes for the last 2 seasons plus this one

Less than 15 3pointers

1 and 0

Less than 20 3 pointers, but more than 15

12 and 4

20 or More

27 and 18

So when we shoot less than 20 weā€™re 13-4 or we win 77%.
Extrapolated for a season of 30 games weā€™d be 23-7

When we shoot more than 20 weā€™re 27-18 or we win 60%
Extrapolated for a season of 30 games weā€™d be 18-12

I didnā€™t realize weā€™d have so many games over 20. The next time I break it down Iā€™ll go from 20-25 and 25 or more. I have a feeling a trend will continue.

Newest Break Down

2004-2005
Record in Games we shot less than 15 3pters (0-0)
Record in Games we shot between 15-19 (7-1)
Record in Games we shot between 20-24 (12-4)
Record in Games we shot more than 25 (3-3)

2005-2006
Record in Games we shot less than 15 (1-0)
Record in Games we shot between 15-19 (5-3)
Record in Games we shot between 20-24 (9-3)
Record in Games we shot more than 25 (4-7)

2006-2006
Record in Games we shot between 20-24 (1-0)
Record in Games we shot more than 25 (0-1)

So to recap when we shoot less than 20 we have gone (12-4) over a 2+ year span
When we shoot less than 25 but more than 20 (22-7) over the same time frame
But during the games when we let them rip we have gone (7-11)

Itā€™s not poor shooting. Itā€™s poor shot selection. We miss and keep taking them and keep missing them. Thatā€™s whats killing us. In some of those games we won while not taking 3 pointers we had awful percentages. However we reigned it in and went for better shots. That is the difference. Last year and this year to start we have just bombed away. Die by the 3 and occasionally get lucky with it. Thats our strategy.

ā€œItā€™s not poor shooting. Itā€™s poor shot selection. We miss and keep taking them and keep missing them. Thatā€™s whats killing us.ā€

I think this is a direct result of our non disciplined/ freedom on offense approach. When athletic physcial teams lock down on us and we start missing shots we go into desperation mode and all one on one. In some ways I do not blame DeAngelo because he was just trying to step up within the system he has been taught.

Newest Break Down

2004-2005
Record in Games we shot less than 15 3pters (0-0)
Record in Games we shot between 15-19 (7-1)
Record in Games we shot between 20-24 (12-4)
Record in Games we shot more than 25 (3-3)

2005-2006
Record in Games we shot less than 15 (1-0)
Record in Games we shot between 15-19 (5-3)
Record in Games we shot between 20-24 (9-3)
Record in Games we shot more than 25 (4-7)

2006-2006
Record in Games we shot between 20-24 (1-0)
Record in Games we shot more than 25 (0-1)

So to recap when we shoot less than 20 we have gone (12-4) over a 2+ year span
When we shoot less than 25 but more than 20 (22-7) over the same time frame
But during the games when we let them rip we have gone (7-11)

Itā€™s not poor shooting. Itā€™s poor shot selection. We miss and keep taking them and keep missing them. Thatā€™s whats killing us. In some of those games we won while not taking 3 pointers we had awful percentages. However we reigned it in and went for better shots. That is the difference. Last year and this year to start we have just bombed away. Die by the 3 and occasionally get lucky with it. Thats our strategy.

I see where youā€™re going and I agree to a point, however the games with the higher 3 pointer attempts are probably a direct correlation to us trailing in those gamesā€¦

[QUOTE=ninermac;198524]I see where youā€™re going and I agree to a point, however the games with the higher 3 pointer attempts is probably a direct correlation to us trailing in those gamesā€¦[/QUOTE]

ā€¦ and us playing teams with a better frontcourt than ours. That would also correspond with the frequencies.

I see where you're going and I agree to a point, however the games with the higher 3 pointer attempts are probably a direct correlation to us trailing in those games...

I thought about it that argument and in some cases that is true. However itā€™s just as true that we shoot ourselves out in the 1st half making us rely even more on the 3 in the 2nd.

Last year we lost to

Miss. St, Wyoming, GW 2x, SLU, Xavier and Cincy. We werenā€™t being blown out in any of them until the 2nd half with the exception of Miss St. when we shot ourselves out of the game with a 9 pt first half.

Year before we lost to USF, Louisville, Cincy and Alabama. Cincy we were up 4 at the half. Alabama was 3 OTā€™s so that really doesnā€™t count. Louisville we werenā€™t being blown out. USF we should never have lost but we played like crap that whole game.

Typically we go through dry spells b/c we lack balance (aka we shoot too many 3s) which causes us to trail and chuck up more 3s. Constantly chucking up 30 3ā€™s is too much.

NOTES: Charlotte has started each of its last six seasons 1-1.

HP provided the info on Athletic Dept involvement in the NIT, plus I don't think they wanted the conflict with other games in town.

Hereā€™s how the schedule looked before the changes (I mispoke earlier. UNCA is was the original home opener with Hofstra here this Wed, NT was added later:

Friday, November 10 - UNC Asheville
Wednesday, November 15 - Hofstra
Wednesday, November 22 - at Syracuse
Saturday, November 25 - Georgia State

I donā€™t get it. Granted, Iā€™m slower than most but I donā€™t get it.

Looks like another long year....
Are you still predicting 19 wins? Or do you remember predicting 19 wins? ...as drunk as you were.

Iā€™m down with 20 wins! Good Lord yā€™all are making me sick! You call your selves true niner fans, but are falling apart like a toaster made in Taiwan! If the games had been reversed, you guys know that if we had lost to North Texas then beat Hofstra you would be turned around jumping up and down. Get over it! Suck it up! And GO NINERS!

[QUOTE=the daxified one;198629]NOTES: Charlotte has started each of its last six seasons 1-1.[/QUOTE]

6? Ouchā€¦ sounds like whatever we are doing to get prepared for the season isnā€™t working too well.

[QUOTE=Max Power;198801]6? Ouchā€¦ sounds like whatever we are doing to get prepared for the season isnā€™t working too well.[/QUOTE]
But, in how many of those have we seen post season play?

[QUOTE=ChevEE;198803]But, in how many of those have we seen post season play?[/QUOTE]

I know, but that isnā€™t the point. If we are in the tournament tak come March, North Texas will be on our resume as a bad loss and hurt our seeding. Just like Northwestern, Wyoming, Rutgers, etc. have in years past.

[QUOTE=Max Power;198805]I know, but that isnā€™t the point. If we are in the tournament tak come March, North Texas will be on our resume as a bad loss and hurt our seeding. Just like Northwestern, Wyoming, Rutgers, etc. have in years past.[/QUOTE]
True