Game Thoughts?

The crowd sucked (probably because nobody wanted to say UNCA get killed) and the game was what it was supposed to be. Just some observations.

Good shot selection by our guys. However that might have just been the piss poor defense of Asheville.

Curt scored but still has stone hands. Too many bobbled balls and missed layups. He’s not going to get an easy game like that for the rest of the year.

However the biggest thing that impressed me was late in the 2nd half when we had the near 40 point league, D’Angelo and Curt both were diving on the floor for loose balls. I LOVE that effort. That’s the kind of effort we need every game against any team. If we play that hard, take good shots and don’t turn the ball over…the A-10 could see the team they expected to see after all.

Not much to get hype over. UNCA was awful.

I think people are overlooking this game. It shows that we don’t just play up to the standards of the team we are playing. We were mature and kept a huge lead. We scored over 90 points!! UNC didn’t score that much on them the other night.

I think we are together. I feel if we played Indiana now, we would win. I think our season has turned, and we will start playing as expected pre-season. We will see with Rhode Island. If we play well and beat them, I think we are set and will sail smooth. Just need to bring our FG percentage up.

Go Niners!! :clap:

We were in control the whole game. Big Curt could control his “free” throw percentage if anything. I know that it was UNCA. But, 4 of 10 from the line is kind of sad for a guy that wants to touch the ball more often than anyone. Free throw could change the outcome of quite a few games game we’ve faced this season.

We are a completely different team than before the Rutgers game. We are playing like a team that could finish in the top 3 in the A10 and get a tourney bid. Lutz finally has the rotation set up, and I like our starters and everyone knows their roles.

UNCA is bad, but you have to be good to score 92 points on anyone. The only reason our FG% was so low in the 2nd half is because we had the inexperienced guys in a lot of the time.

Courtney Williams taking a 3?? Wha???

We should know our future by the 15th of January after we play URI, La Salle, Dayton, and Xavier.

Courtney Williams taking a 3?? Wha???

He was 2-2 in Midnight Madness, when you are up +30 , you are wide open and you dont get to take that many shots, why not. I like Jerrell Lewis, and i want him to do well. I really wish he would shoot the ball at least once, but maybe he fears getting pulled out as soon as he does. The more i see travis gordon, the more i am convinced that he did not even play high school basketball.

[QUOTE=marcushe;146815] UNC didn’t score that much on them the other night.
[/QUOTE]

The difference between our game and the Asheville/ UNC game is that we scored 3 more points than UNC but UNC held them to 12 less points than we did (47 vs 59)

The difference, Defense

I thought Courtney had a good looking stroke. Should be interesting to see him develop.

if you beat a team by more than 30 it really doesnt matter

I agree ninerID but I don’t think UNCA should have even scored 59 on us. I remeber a few years ago we played a team as bad as them…NC AandT I believe. I think the final was like 103-39.

I just expected us to force more than 13 turnovers. …Overall not bad I guess…

The crowd sucked (probably because nobody wanted to say UNCA get killed) and the game was what it was supposed to be. Just some observations.

Good shot selection by our guys. However that might have just been the piss poor defense of Asheville.

Curt scored but still has stone hands. Too many bobbled balls and missed layups. He’s not going to get an easy game like that for the rest of the year.

However the biggest thing that impressed me was late in the 2nd half when we had the near 40 point league, D’Angelo and Curt both were diving on the floor for loose balls. I LOVE that effort. That’s the kind of effort we need every game against any team. If we play that hard, take good shots and don’t turn the ball over…the A-10 could see the team they expected to see after all.

Not much to get hype over. UNCA was awful.

curt didn’t have stone hands. if you even remotely watched the game he had everything but that. the plays he messed up were because of badly judged passed by leemire and mitch. Curt for once had no turnovers. I’m guessing we weren’t watching the same game. Curt gets a double double you still say he has a flaw. The only flaw i have ever noticed is free throw shooting. Everything else is decent.

how long did north carolina at chapel hill play their starters though?

[QUOTE=ninerID;146823]if you beat a team by more than 30 it really doesnt matter[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

Even though it was UNCA, this game was just what we needed. We did what we needed to do while getting what should be a confidence building, impressive looking win.

Didn’t one of the in-state acc schools only beat UNCA by 12?

Antwon Coleman is a heck of a passer, plays hard, and has fun out there.
Not bad for JUCO.

Even though it was UNCA, this game was just what we needed. We did what we needed to do while getting what should be a confidence building, impressive looking win.

Didn’t one of the in-state acc schools only beat UNCA by 12?

Yea - Wake Forest by 13.

curt didn't have stone hands. if you even remotely watched the game he had everything but that. the plays he messed up were because of badly judged passed by leemire and mitch. Curt for once had no turnovers. I'm guessing we weren't watching the same game. Curt gets a double double you still say he has a flaw. The only flaw i have ever noticed is free throw shooting. Everything else is decent.

He bobbled about 3 or 4 passes and missed 2 or 3 layups before getting the retaps. Those 3 or 4 bobbled passes become turnovers against a guy like a Marco Killingsworth or a Pops for GW.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;146828]how long did north carolina at chapel hill play their starters though?[/QUOTE]
About like Lutz did with his starters… [URL=http://tarheelblue.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/122805aaa.html][B]UNC Asheville vs UNC-Chapel Hill box score[/B][/URL].

UNC Raleigh also defeated the Bulldogs, 86-56 on December 14.

okay, is nobody going to make a comment about courtney williams Tshirt? That thing was huge, We should have big white tshirt day one game to honor courtney williams, like we did the headbands for curt

Looking at the recap for the Chapel Hill v UNCA game, the Heels shot worse than us, at both 3s and 2s

We might just have turned the corner and gotten the Miss. St. Bulldog off our back.